• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
His fathers account is fake. Tbh after hearing Rodgers talk about transfers today, Im confident.
Fuck Gylfi.

What makes you create a fake account on twitter and tweet fake football rumours? Shouldnt people be working, shagging, eating or doing something else more meaningfull?

That last sentence could have been said about the poster Spider Neil earlier in the summer;)

What makes you create a fake account on twitter and tweet fake football rumours? Shouldnt people be working, shagging, eating or doing something else more meaningfull?

Who copies and pastes them all over the forum ?

This whole saga is a joke. Its not like he's some superstar.

He'll be holding his own press conference and tv show next to announce it.

Done. Spurs player.
According to Mjolnir no second offer from us.

Now lets start signing some players..

As a club since we have hit rock bottom, why not put loads of messages for this player to get it a 100 pages at least, just to prove the point that we really are a desperate club now. It will be amazing if he signs for us won't it ?

As a club since we have hit rock bottom, why not put loads of messages for this player to get it a 100 pages at least, just to prove the point that we really are a desperate club now. It will be amazing if he signs for us won't it ?

Quite, who are the desperate ones? We put a bit in for the lad, refused to go above what we thought he was worth, kept quiet about it throughout and that's it.

The only fools are the ones who've bought into the whole saga and allowed it to manifest into this titanic battle for the services of a magnificent player. When in fact it's not. It was a bid for a decent prospect who was on loan at a Premier League minnow last season. Someone no one knew or gave two fucks about a year ago.

A year ago we were interested in a similar prospect of a striker, we put an offer in, refused to up it above what we deemed him to be worth and he subsequently went to Sunderland and disappeared into obscurity. People spent the rest of the season moaning we over paid for Downing and co, then entered this Summer and spent most of it so far moaning we won't break the bank for this lad.

It's STOOOOOOPID.

yeah but Mark - what I think we are missing here is a player who has only come to attention recently due to his association with our new manager and playing well at Swansea for a season, and not taking the chance to join a club with our history and potential prospects for the future. Its a huge insult when a player from a club such as Swansea is taking his time to decide between US and Spurs - I think either we are so f*cked that this player does not think we are good enough for him OR something is seriously wrong.

i suppose its an insult that we have a manager from swansea too.

fair enough if he wants to go to spurs, theyre are in a better position than we are, have a stronger team, and arguably a better manager

yeah but Mark - what I think we are missing here is a player who has only come to attention recently due to his association with our new manager and playing well at Swansea for a season, and not taking the chance to join a club with our history and potential prospects for the future. Its a huge insult when a player from a club such as Swansea is taking his time to decide between US and Spurs - I think either we are so f*cked that this player does not think we are good enough for him OR something is seriously wrong.

Or it could just plainly be down to alot of things. Spurs are currently the same level as us, better even, can offer more money, potentially more prospects, and they are in the capital. It could just be down to money, it could just be the reality check for us that he's joined them out of what he believes is a greater chance of success.

The only positive is that we've been fairly muted about it throughout so that leaves the strength of our interest ambiguous.

Mark - but the people in the football business really do know the truth don't they ? they will know that we could not even sign this guy if he decides to goto Spurs, just makes us look bad thats all.

When the difference is 25-30k a week it puts things into a whole other ballgame though.
We offered the same amount he accepted at Swansea. Spurs, for some reason nearly doubled that.

I do hope though that this is entirely Rodgers desicion. And that if we wanted him enough, we could have offered more.

Hopefully the 3-4 players he was talking about, will show that this transfer was an addition to rather than first priority.

And of course the parallels are there for all to see. We were interested in AVB and Rodgers, we got Rodgers they got AVB and the first tussle between us has seen them come up trumps. Only time will tell who will be the real winner.

Really ? we were up for AVB ? I thought Brendan was our first choice ? - if what your saying is true then it really does piss me off even more - thanks a lot mate !!!

Are people seriously pissed off that he didn't join us? I think it's very fucking apparent that he's only in it for the money, and someone like that would never show us any loyalty.

dont think he's in it for the money myself, spurs have more chance of being in the champions league next season than we do

dont think he's in it for the money myself, spurs have more chance of being in the champions league next season than we do
Exactly Gimpy is a world class player and should demand world class football.

So - now that Sky Sports have revealed that he has done his medical and will sign for Spurs tomorrow - do you all think that this insulting and embarrassing thread will be closed down ?

haha im not really sure he's 'demanding' it, he's taking the chance whilst its there
Yeah well, we're currently playing at the same level as Spurs IMO.
We finished below them but they're also in the Europa League.
Squad wise they're better, so let's sign Jovetic, Belhanda and some holding midfielder and we'll surpass them.

I was under the impression that we almost had him, until Spurs offered him a better deal?

I don't quite get why this is such an "insulting and embarrassing " thread . Because Liverpool shouldn't lower themselves to worrying about missing out on a player the likes of sigurdsson ? or because some people have been saying "fuck him " if he wants to join spurs ? or because some people can't 'recognise' that Spurs are a better prospect than us .

Yeah it's dragged on but that's down to him , his agents and hoffenheim setting deadlines for the deal to be done . Anyway there's been fuck all else transfer wise to talk about .

And of course the parallels are there for all to see. We were interested in AVB and Rodgers, we got Rodgers they got AVB and the first tussle between us has seen them come up trumps. Only time will tell who will be the real winner.

I expect Spurs to trump us in the league this season as well. They've got a very good squad imo, were playing much better football last season and have a good manager who's style is suited by Spurs current squad.

That said I think we'll both make the top 4 and that's really all we need to take advantage of the lustre still associated with the name Liverpool LFC. Our current owners have alread demonstrated their commercial acumen and I think we just need to make it back to the CL to capitalise on that work.

Mark - but the people in the football business really do know the truth don't they ? they will know that we could not even sign this guy if he decides to goto Spurs, just makes us look bad thats all.
What exactly is the truth Moron old lad?

It's not the forty six pages of blatherings posted here I can tell you that for nothing. As was said in another thread we just get a load of whipped up hysteria and bollocks from twitter and journalists making things up to earn a living.

This Gylfi thing has lost all perspective, he is possibly a good prospect, if he really was tha good do people think it would just be us an Spurs in for him, and do you thing Marcus would be letting him go for £7m.

If you think losing out to Spurs on this one is a yardstick to our credibility you are all barking up the wrong tree.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom