• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Hendo poll

Prefix for Poll Threads

What do you think about Henderson?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I want everyone to respect that Jordan Henderson is our skipper because he deserved it and he is the right man for the job. That doesn’t mean he can play all the games.
“Sorry. He is such an important player for us – I don’t get why I have to say that.

Well the boss rates him as does Kenny, and I must admit so do I, so that's three knobheads who know nothing about the game,

“I want everyone to respect that Jordan Henderson is our skipper because he deserved it and he is the right man for the job. That doesn’t mean he can play all the games.
“Sorry. He is such an important player for us – I don’t get why I have to say that.

Well the boss rates him as does Kenny, and I must admit so do I, so that's three knobheads who know nothing about the game,
Klopp also said our 4 CBS were good enough, and Kenny bought Carroll

They are allowed an occasional lapse in judgement

He's hardly gonna come out and say he's not good enough or won't be the captain long term

He's hardly gonna come out and say he's not good enough or won't be the captain long term

He doesn't have to say anything. He could do what he did last season with Moreno and say fuck all, but work on him behind closed doors - if there were an issue.

Anyway, it's the derby tomorrow, where Henderson has usually been head and shoulders above most in the last few, despite being on the end of some shitty challenges. He's done what a captain should do, kept a cool head and been much more intelligent and composed than the opposition. I'm sure the usual fucking wankers on here would label that as average/mediocre/shit, but as you were.

Who has? Are you telling me Wijnaldum and Can are putting in redeeming performances? They both perform well on average once every several games, which isn't good enough either, and they are both playing in arguably their natural positions, so what's their excuse?

Can turned up at the beginning of the season when the window was still open, then duly played shite again when it closed. Cherry picking and giving players a pass? Neither of those two are playing on the back of a career threatening injury. Neither offer much protection at key times defensively, infact both have had some pretty horrendous moments defensively. Yet because neither are the defensive third of the midfield, they get a reprieve. So what's their job then? What's their respective goals and assists contributions this season and last? Their respective "position" is to be the more advanced of the midfield trio, to make things happen, they don't do that nearly enough either. Infact, the only players who have in the midfield three are Coutinho and Lallana, the latter who has had similar stick to what Henderson has had.

I'm not trying to be a cunt, but I took it that the OP's point really was to ask, "why is he getting singled out so much, when there are other under performers in the team, playing in their natural roles"? A point that was immediately lost it seems.

It's why I really can't be fucked with the forum these days, particularly match threads, when you know it's filled with that moron who should have been booted years ago, drumming his hatred into everyone for the zillionth time.

You wouldn't mind if it was a well formed, intelligent point, but it's agenda riddled, snide bile, from a poster who spends games hoping his "hates" fuck up. Really.

Mark the problem is that he 'Henderson' since Klopp's arrival or even in the last season with Brendan - only put in '1' memorable performance - which was against Chelsea way last season. That was against a side that eventually won the league but one that was finding its formation and structure with their new manager. Yes both Can/Gini have not been consistent either but they have put in a number of 'good/very good' noticeable performances across the last few seasons. Gini when played in his rightful place kept the team ticking last season in midfield and overall had a good season.

With Henderson - yes he has had bad injuries - but its been a while now and to be honest if we are going to win anything a team like ours cannot actually carry any passengers across an entire season. But would it hurt once in a while for him to actually take on a player or put in a good tackle ? - many of us know he is capable of much more than what we see from him these days but I think most people sense that he does not put himself out that much - and what people are questioning is if he after the injuries is he now capable of giving us anything extra in midfield - and right now its looking like 'NO'.

Who has? Are you telling me Wijnaldum and Can are putting in redeeming performances? They both perform well on average once every several games, which isn't good enough either, and they are both playing in arguably their natural positions, so what's their excuse?

Can turned up at the beginning of the season when the window was still open, then duly played shite again when it closed. Cherry picking and giving players a pass? Neither of those two are playing on the back of a career threatening injury. Neither offer much protection at key times defensively, infact both have had some pretty horrendous moments defensively. Yet because neither are the defensive third of the midfield, they get a reprieve. So what's their job then? What's their respective goals and assists contributions this season and last? Their respective "position" is to be the more advanced of the midfield trio, to make things happen, they don't do that nearly enough either. Infact, the only players who have in the midfield three are Coutinho and Lallana, the latter who has had similar stick to what Henderson has had.

I'm not trying to be a cunt, but I took it that the OP's point really was to ask, "why is he getting singled out so much, when there are other under performers in the team, playing in their natural roles"? A point that was immediately lost it seems.

It's why I really can't be fucked with the forum these days, particularly match threads, when you know it's filled with that moron who should have been booted years ago, drumming his hatred into everyone for the zillionth time.

You wouldn't mind if it was a well formed, intelligent point, but it's agenda riddled, snide bile, from a poster who spends games hoping his "hates" fuck up. Really.

Just use the ignore button and go back to enjoying the forum. I did it a month or so ago and it has been great.

He doesn't have to say anything. He could do what he did last season with Moreno and say fuck all, but work on him behind closed doors - if there were an issue.

Anyway, it's the derby tomorrow, where Henderson has usually been head and shoulders above most in the last few, despite being on the end of some shitty challenges. He's done what a captain should do, kept a cool head and been much more intelligent and composed than the opposition. I'm sure the usual fucking wankers on here would label that as average/mediocre/shit, but as you were.

Ya but again when it's your captain it's something you have to talk about and I would definitely play him.

I rate him I just don't think he should be captain

Only 3 people got it right. I mean if he gives Jack shit on the pitch when he starts, the fuck is he going to give us from the bench?
Sell and be done with it.

Just use the ignore button and go back to enjoying the forum. I did it a month or so ago and it has been great.

The ignore button should be banned from this site - it is not in the best interests of this site to have that. I sometimes take abuse for my views but NEVER chose to ignore people - because we all support the same club even though our views on the players vary greatly. This club has seen some great players and sometimes when we see players under-perform we make comparisons in our mind how good the past is (actually nearly probably always for the past 28 years !!). For some of us we take it to a high degree but ignoring people just coz you don't like their opinions on a player should not lead to a complete breakdown in communication - that's like Israel/Palestine issue and also the shit that goes on with International Sanctions these days. If everyone agreed with each other on this site about the manager/players then it would be a really fucking boring site.

On a side note in my experience on 6CM - the first time I ever thought about putting someone on ignore was actually @Oncy - only because the amount of times he would make a reference to his cock. I honestly thought he was a drug addict or alcoholic who accidently came upon this site but was actually looking for a site called SEX CRAZY MINUTES or something and typed in SIX accidentally and landed on here. I am so glad that I did not put him on ignore - because reading his posts gives me so many laughs as does Brendan and many others on here.

LONG LIVE 6CM !!!!

MORON

In that case Charlie Adam, Downing, Carroll are great players too.
He didn't always get it right.
Thing is, Henderson at his peak was brilliant for us

He's not now though.

I don't get why people take it as a personal slight, or start throwing around the "well dalglish bought him so he's clearly the second coming"

I didn't want him, then I'm glad we did buy him, now I'm struggling to see a future here for him.

It's time init

In that case Charlie Adam, Downing, Carroll are great players too.
He didn't always get it right.

If you sack a manager far to early for non footballing matters then you'll never find out how good he and his squad could have been. I've seen those names used against Kenny before, they mean nothing because A, he wasn't given time, and B. they were better than what we had and we needed a short term fix

Do you think Klopp is a muppet? Do you think he can't tell how good a player is? Look at his record in the transfer market, since he joined us, every one a gem and for some reason you think he can't spot that one of his first choice big game palyers is a cart horse.

If you sack a manager far to early for non footballing matters then you'll never find out how good he and his squad could have been. I've seen those names used against Kenny before, they mean nothing because A, he wasn't given time, and B. they were better than what we had and we needed a short term fix

Do you think Klopp is a muppet? Do you think he can't tell how good a player is? Look at his record in the transfer market, since he joined us, every one a gem and for some reason you think he can't spot that one of his first choice big game palyers is a cart horse.
Did, Downing, Adam and Carroll go on to bigger and better things?
Klopps every buy has been a gem you say?
Seriously.

He's not now though.

I don't get why people take it as a personal slight, or start throwing around the "well dalglish bought him so he's clearly the second coming"

I didn't want him, then I'm glad we did buy him, now I'm struggling to see a future here for him.

It's time init
He had one really good season playing in front of Gerrard in midfield. Been downhill ever since and before that season he was mostly a passenger in the team.

The ignore button should be banned from this site - it is not in the best interests of this site to have that. I sometimes take abuse for my views but NEVER chose to ignore people - because we all support the same club even though our views on the players vary greatly. This club has seen some great players and sometimes when we see players under-perform we make comparisons in our mind how good the past is (actually nearly probably always for the past 28 years !!). For some of us we take it to a high degree but ignoring people just coz you don't like their opinions on a player should not lead to a complete breakdown in communication - that's like Israel/Palestine issue and also the shit that goes on with International Sanctions these days. If everyone agreed with each other on this site about the manager/players then it would be a really fucking boring site.

On a side note in my experience on 6CM - the first time I ever thought about putting someone on ignore was actually @Oncy - only because the amount of times he would make a reference to his cock. I honestly thought he was a drug addict or alcoholic who accidently came upon this site but was actually looking for a site called SEX CRAZY MINUTES or something and typed in SIX accidentally and landed on here. I am so glad that I did not put him on ignore - because reading his posts gives me so many laughs as does Brendan and many others on here.

LONG LIVE 6CM !!!!

MORON

Constant bickering about the same topic is probably the most boring thing on this site, so I'll have to disagree.

He's a solid but unspectacular in his favored position and below average in the No.6 role. He's our version of Nicky Butt. However, the real Nicky Butt was surrounded by class midfielders and was used as a backup player, where as Henderson is captain and first name on the team sheet. He's been loyal and worked hard but we can't to many sentiments we need an upgrade on him.

He's not now though.

It's time init
[bcolor=transparent]We talk of Oxlade-Chamberlain having stagnated at Arsenal and needing fresh pastures--well, I think the same is true for Henderson.[/bcolor]
He hasn't worked on the [fundamental] weakness in his game which are mainly a lack of awareness of what is around him all the time and composure under pressure, and a clean strike when he arrives late in and around the box. Watch the number of times he volleys a return pass or passes sideways when a turn and pass and move is on. He has to have at least one of to play in central midfield and probably two of them to be at the level where he is considered at least good. The number of times he volleys a back pass when pressured slightly ...

He's not now though.

It's time init

The mistake you're making, with respect, is to imagine that the criticism Henderson gets is is always as balanced and sensible as most of this post of yours (with the exception of that "second coming" bit, which is a bit silly - nobody's saying that). The fact is that Modo's vendettas on here (Henderson isn't the only one, just Modo's flavour of the month) are preselected to back up his obsession with the idea that "English players are invariably overrated by English fans" and their constant repetition, even when the players in question play well, is this forum's equivalent of the Chinese water torture.

Last edited:

He's not now though.

It's time init

That's not Modo's point though, his point is he IS shit and was always shit, and now he takes some personal satisfaction from his decline. We've been here with Carragher and Gerrard too. It'll happen again with Lallana, there's a bit of a trend there and it's pretty pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom