• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hendo'n his way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris-bascombe-re-hendersons-move-to-saudi-v0-e3picx5m14db1.jpg

Hindsight is 20/20 and you can definitely say the same about extending Ox's contract which also was a mistake.
But he's wrong, the issue for me was more about how we handled Ox and Keita.

Hindsight is 20/20 and you can definitely say the same about extending Ox's contract which also was a mistake.
Hindsight had nothing to do with it. We all knew giving him a 4 yr extension was lunacy. 2yrs max was what we should have negotiated. It's what made us so successful. Moving on players before they regressed, we then decided to get all romantic and fuck up the formula. Same thing happened with Mo's contract last summer. Fortunately we may get bailed out by the Saudis but the question is, when will we learn?

Hindsight had nothing to do with it. We all knew giving him a 4 yr extension was lunacy. 2yrs max was what we should have negotiated. It's what made us so successful. Moving on players before they regressed, we then decided to get all romantic and fuck up the formula. Same thing happened with Mo's contract last summer. Fortunately we may get bailed out by the Saudis but the question is, when will we learn?

The issue is I think two fold ... Owner's reluctance to spend and Klopp's loyalty, which has been made even more extreme due to the $ reality.
Not sure we learn while he's the gaffa for (hopefully) the next two years

'Veering from their successful moneyball policy'.

Were they still doing this only a few years ago? Haven't heard much about moneyball for a long time.

'Veering from their successful moneyball policy'.

Were they still doing this only a few years ago? Haven't heard much about moneyball for a long time.
We fucked it off to sign Thiago the fucking waster.

Bascombe writes some crap nowadays.
A year after we extended Hendo’s contract, we nearly won the treble. We are talking about 190k like it’s like Messi levels, he wouldn’t be top 5 for Arsenal or Chelsea. It’s mental how small time we have become related to expectations and finances. In terms of our worst decisions, this is not one and nor is Mo’s contract.

So does this mean if we are bought by owners in a country that has human rights issues a lot of fans here will stop supporting the club?

bought by owners in a country that has human rights issues
Uhm, hello....we've been owned by Yanks for the last 15 years....a country that tasers peoples balls off, strap you to electric chairs, insert lethal overdose into your blood system.......you have officers who are killing black people mercilessly, they threatened and carried out that threat to use WMD on another country, the only country ever to do so.

Uhm, hello....we've been owned by Yanks for the last 15 years....a country that tasers peoples balls off, strap you to electric chairs, insert lethal overdose into your blood system.......you have officers who are killing black people mercilessly, they threatened and carried out that threat to use WMD on another country, the only country ever to do so.
Can you differentiate between being owned by US citizens and a regime with questionable ethics?

I wish Hendo all the best but he needs to get on with it.

I don't think there is anyway back.

Can you differentiate between being owned by US citizens and a regime with questionable ethics?
Look at you, gone for months on end and coming back like ya still own the place. ;)

Well when ya put it like that, how can I not right? However if you broaden the search a little, H&G and FSG aren't just "US citizens" are they? They're enterprises, very wealthy ones who happily engage with the Saudi's & take their sports washing money........And we don't need to beat around the bush with "questionable", it's flat out deplorable some of the things they do.

This is fucking stupid. Extending the contract got us this fee.

I’ll always own the place.

If you dig enough you will find twats. The club take money from these regimes through many different routes. However, that’s a huge difference to say you stand against their views and sucking on their teat like Hendo will be doing. By directly benefitting from them and supporting them you will be legitimising their view. Which I won’t be doing.

However, that’s a huge difference to say you stand against their views and sucking on their teat like Hendo will be doing. By directly benefitting from them and supporting them you will be legitimising their view. Which I won’t be doing.
I stand against everything and support nothing but myself, my family and Liverpool. Come on MoMo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom