• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hendo'n his way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people (also in the media) would have done the same as Hendo if they were in his position. Taking a job somewhere for 3 years that guarantees the wellbeing and wealth for your family for the next 2-3 generations.
You don't have to agree with his choice, can call him out for being so outspoken earlier in his career but I don't believe for a second that so many wouldn't have done the same. Of course they would. Money talks.

I'll say thank you for the last 12 years, thank you for all the trophies lifted, the shuffles and good performances. Shouldn't have gotten the contract extension but now that doesn't matter. Whether or not I agree with his life choice doesn't matter as its his and his family's prerogative to make it.

Good luck, and you're going to get a pummeling every time you show up for England duty, also by the fans I reckon.

Yes that’s a good point. It always baffles me when people outside of America talk about how horrible and dangerous it is. Every country has really bad spots and bad people. But it’s still an amazing place to live and raise a family and pursue dreams.

I want to publicly associate myself with this. America has its problems, but every country does and my experiences of the US and its people (among them @ctlovesred with whom I've been fortunate enough to have some contact outside the forum) have been overwhelmingly positive.

Agree. I reckon Southgate would have wanted to keep him in the squad at least for a while, but I can't see it now.

Isnt that why people are discussing this for 26 pages? People tend to have an opinion about everything that doesn't concern them.

Yeah, just get this and Fabinho done so that we can move on and sign a replacement

Isnt that why people are discussing this for 26 pages? People tend to have an opinion about everything that doesn't concern them.

There isn’t going to be many threads on opinions that do concern people that are going to be much fun.

As riveting as it might be to read my opinions on which bottle of wine to open this evening… none of you are getting any of it.

Even Dreamie.

Or Ryan.

There isn’t going to be many threads on opinions that do concern people that are going to be much fun.

As riveting as it might be to read my opinions on which bottle of wine to open this evening… none of you are getting any of it.

Even Dreamie.

Or Ryan.

That wasnt the point though.. ;) This forum is one thing as we're here to talk about everything from you opening a bottle of wine, if Dreamy is hiding in your closet, Mystic traveling to Asia and that lad who wanted help hitting on a girl in his gym.

For the general England fans attending a game were Jordan Henderson is possibly playing. They've been reading about this story in the media and he has gotten slagged off. Their first response will be to boo him is my guess even though it doesn't concern or affect them in the slightest.
That was the point.

I doubt England fans think much of him anyway. He shouldn't take it personally. I never get the impression that some of them like anyone or anything.

Aaah, the morale dilemma is raised when Liverpool sell a player. Nevermind the others that have been sold or that they laud Howe as a great manager funded with Saudi money.

Aaah, the morale dilemma is raised when Liverpool sell a player. Nevermind the others that have been sold or that they laud Howe as a great manager funded with Saudi money.

Plenty has been written about Howe and Newcastle.

That wasnt the point though.. ;) This forum is one thing as we're here to talk about everything from you opening a bottle of wine, if Dreamy is hiding in your closet, Mystic traveling to Asia and that lad who wanted help hitting on a girl in his gym.

For the general England fans attending a game were Jordan Henderson is possibly playing. They've been reading about this story in the media and he has gotten slagged off. Their first response will be to boo him is my guess even though it doesn't concern or affect them in the slightest.
That was the point.

I’m having beer instead.

Well I say “instead”, that might mean “as well”…

In case you wondered… ;)

I don't think for a moment that binomial is arguing from any kind of moral position here, but he does have a point. It's a bit rich to flap a disapproving finger at the Saudis for their treatment of gay people, when the West/US is killing innocent people on an almost daily basis. What about the one million dead Iraqis killed in an illegal war? And the drone strikes that kill hundreds each year? Looking back through history and right up to the present day, the West is responsible for untold death, destruction and suffering; the Saudis are a drop in the ocean by comparison. But some people think we hold some kind of moral high ground? It's blinkered in the extreme.

At least the Saudis are up front about their prejudices.
Very well put, Delinquent.

All of this pearl-clutching is a bit much. Western governments and media etc love pointing the finger at other nations such as Saudi Arabia, it helps to distract attention away their own corruption. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book, yet people still fall for it.

I do wonder how many of those who say they are outraged by players accepting this sort of money from SA would actually turn down a substantial contract themselves, were they lucky enough to be offered one.

No doubt most of these guys are already relatively wealthy, but in a year or two they'll have finished playing, and then what will they do for the next 50 years of their lives? They can't all be coaches or TV pundits, so why wouldn't they want to do all they can to secure their families' futures? It's human nature, after all.

The 'lol hendo is a total fucking hypocrite and looks a right tool' thing is a seperate convo to this morality top trumps bs.

Anyone can do what they want. When someone has been championing a cause but turns heel as soon as someone waives a few quid at them, damaging the cause they claimed they were backing and burning a load of bridges in the meantime, they should and will be mocked.

Deciding which country is the biggest load of shit has manifold other factors.

The 'lol hendo is a total fucking hypocrite and looks a right tool' thing is a seperate convo to this morality top trumps bs.

Anyone can do what they want. When someone has been championing a cause but turns heel as soon as someone waives a few quid at them, damaging the cause they claimed they were backing and burning a load of bridges in the meantime, they should and will be mocked.

Deciding which country is the biggest load of shit has manifold other factors.

It begs the question though, how much did he truly believe in the cause?
And if it was a solid PR stunt.. if so was it his own doing was it a club thing pushed on him etc

If THIS one happens, I'll be heartbroken. Our best leader since Souness.

If Steven Gerrard had the luxury of playing in a Klopp team, he probably would have been our greatest captain ever. Easier to be the captain of LFC 2016-2023 than LFC 2004-2016. If Hendo spent his prime playing for Houllier and Rafa, he probably would not be in this conversation.

If Steven Gerrard had the luxury of playing in a Klopp team, he probably would have been our greatest captain ever. Easier to be the captain of LFC 2016-2023 than LFC 2004-2016. If Hendo spent his prime playing for Houllier and Rafa, he probably would not be in this conversation.

I agree about the latter part, Hendo's greatness as a leader being somewhat conditional on the quality of the side he was in.

But I still think Hendo displayed more characteristics of leadership than Gerrard did. Stevie would have been an even more brilliant player in a better side and received the plaudits accordingly. But his strengths were leading by example rather than driving others to be better and representing the club on vital social and other issues.

It's a shame Hendo is going out like this but I don't think this negates any of the tremendous characteristics he has displayed throughout his tenure.

Frankly, I hope in a few years when this blows over, that he will get the recognition and appreciation he is due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom