• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hendo'n his way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, hello....we've been owned by Yanks for the last 15 years....a country that tasers peoples balls off, strap you to electric chairs, insert lethal overdose into your blood system.......you have officers who are killing black people mercilessly, they threatened and carried out that threat to use WMD on another country, the only country ever to do so.

Errrr….

Errrr….

My message is simple and speaks for itself:

1630454_1495391785932_full.jpg

So wise you seem after the fact. Every single one of you woke fools fell for every virtue signal he performed. You had to be a daft retard to not know you were being played. Oh well, don't hate the playa hate the game.

Speaking of daft retards… who forgot to lock the door to General Chat?

He’s only gone and sneaked out again!!!

Someone grab the catch pole.

People have a right to be annoyed by this and it’s right we’re discussing in the football forum.

Either all that “this means more” or that moral superiority we sometimes like to hold over fans is utter bullshit and we accept we’re just another plastic club that’s wants success at any cost and don’t care what our players - current or ex - do.

This does matter.

To lots of people - in different ways and for different reasons.

If you want to divorce Liverpool FC from politics, social responsibility, moral standing… we’ve become the cunts we accuse City & Chelsea of being.

If it doesn’t matter to you, read the room - walk away and find another time to express you opinions.

For me - I’d like the club and the players that represent the club to be better - it should mean more.

I think Hendo has made a mistake that’ll he regret - not financially, but he’s tarnished his reputation.

It’s a shame on many levels - footballing and non-footballing.

This is so far removed from reality.
I'm sorry, but some of you guys are finding it difficult cos you thought the club you loved was still the club of the 80s... its not, its moved on and suck at the gigantic capitalist nipple that's kept it alive.

It doesn't mean more.. it means the same, it means money.. lots of it.
You guys must be able to see that??

Football has lost touch, around the world, with its roots of working class. Its been sucked in by the billions and billions.. it from Mbappe to the United shambles over the Glazers.

And like someone mentioned earlier re a sociopolitical shift from the western powers to Middle East, its also been apparent that the shift from pure working class roots is at best on life support if not dead.

None of these people, bar genuinely maybe Gary Linekar, care. They'll wheel out the BLM/LGBT soundbites cos it's 'important' to show solidarity.. but they'll say the words but if it affects their livelihood then well the need to make millions and millions takes the pole position.

Like I said, if you're awake to this stuff you'll see the hoopla the LIV sports created. Column after column.. human rights, rage etc
Until they manage a deal where they work together.. it's all gone quiet now.

And I'm sorry it means more to you cos you've been hoodwinked.

And, read the room..
It's a discussion forum, feel free to disagree but stop being so childish and throwing insults and not engaging in the discussion at hand.
Rather than.
Hey read the room and leave us alone to wallow In our sadness over the loss of humanity as we know it

Also, so we're clear and there's no ambiguity.
Stuff the Saudis and chucking money at anyone and everyone to create a false footballing.

I'm really not a fan of Saudi Arabia and what they represent.

I don't think for a moment that binomial is arguing from any kind of moral position here, but he does have a point. It's a bit rich to flap a disapproving finger at the Saudis for their treatment of gay people, when the West/US is killing innocent people on an almost daily basis. What about the one million dead Iraqis killed in an illegal war? And the drone strikes that kill hundreds each year? Looking back through history and right up to the present day, the West is responsible for untold death, destruction and suffering; the Saudis are a drop in the ocean by comparison. But some people think we hold some kind of moral high ground? It's blinkered in the extreme.

At least the Saudis are up front about their prejudices.

It’s hypocritical to expect football players to take a “moral stand”when this country and others in Europe are raking in billions in trade with the Saudis (and Qatar, for that matter given the furore over the World Cup.) I’m willing to wager that most of our pension funds are invested in some way or other into companies and entities from that region.
I find it strange that Hendo is catching all this flack while the club could have taken the moral stance instead.
What's stopping us from going "Liverpool FC does not conduct business with countries who oppress members of the LGBTQI+ community" ?

Nothing, but I also don't want to be a club who holds players against their will. Long term it just isn't reasonable game of holding players against their will? We wear Nike sdm
I find it strange that Hendo is catching all this flack while the club could have taken the moral stance instead.
What's stopping us from going "Liverpool FC does not conduct business with countries who oppress members of the LGBTQI+ community" ?

I get the point but then we're potentially keeping players against their will, and I do wonder if open to litigation from a players end if we universally refuse to sell to a region. I'm not sure a club wearing Nike and Standard Chartered can suddenly choose to get all moralistic either.

Nothing, but I also don't want to be a club who holds players against their will. Long term it just isn't reasonable game of holding players against their will? We wear Nike sdm

I get the point but then we're potentially keeping players against their will, and I do wonder if open to litigation from a players end if we universally refuse to sell to a region. I'm not sure a club wearing Nike and Standard Chartered can suddenly choose to get all moralistic either.
That would just make Hendo look like an even bigger cunt and the club would still be applauded for taking that stance even if they ultimately are forced to let him go.

Yes that’s a good point. It always baffles me when people outside of America talk about how horrible and dangerous it is. Every country has really bad spots and bad people. But it’s still an amazing place to live and raise a family and pursue dreams.

My family was about five minutes away from moving to Saudi Arabia for my dad’s work. He spent two months there and on the last day decided not to take the job. No doubt it would’ve been an incredible life experience. Not sure I’d want to move there now but visit? Definitely.

This is so far removed from reality.
I'm sorry, but some of you guys are finding it difficult cos you thought the club you loved was still the club of the 80s... its not, its moved on and suck at the gigantic capitalist nipple that's kept it alive.

It doesn't mean more.. it means the same, it means money.. lots of it.
You guys must be able to see that??

Football has lost touch, around the world, with its roots of working class. Its been sucked in by the billions and billions.. it from Mbappe to the United shambles over the Glazers.

And like someone mentioned earlier re a sociopolitical shift from the western powers to Middle East, its also been apparent that the shift from pure working class roots is at best on life support if not dead.

None of these people, bar genuinely maybe Gary Linekar, care. They'll wheel out the BLM/LGBT soundbites cos it's 'important' to show solidarity.. but they'll say the words but if it affects their livelihood then well the need to make millions and millions takes the pole position.

Like I said, if you're awake to this stuff you'll see the hoopla the LIV sports created. Column after column.. human rights, rage etc
Until they manage a deal where they work together.. it's all gone quiet now.

And I'm sorry it means more to you cos you've been hoodwinked.

And, read the room..
It's a discussion forum, feel free to disagree but stop being so childish and throwing insults and not engaging in the discussion at hand.
Rather than.
Hey read the room and leave us alone to wallow In our sadness over the loss of humanity as we know it

Yeah my bad - sorry I’m disappointed in our captain.

Saudi’s are good, football’s dead and there’s no point to anything any more other than the pursuit of money.

Thanks for putting me straight.

Long live the Super League, Project Big Picture, higher ticket prices and round 39 played around the world.

I didn't say Saudis are good and made sure I clarified I didn't think they were in case that kinda lame argument would be directed at me.

Other than that, I mean kinda, yeah football is dead it's been dead for a while.
Disappointed in our capt is fair, but we've been badly disappointed with the way the club has handled a hundred things, disappointed in lots of the players, ex players etc etc.

I mean we've discussed that plenty of times on the forum already.

So, if we’re disappointed in something - are we not supposed express that and try to hold the club or it’s representatives to a higher standard.

Just accepting it’s all broken and we should just accept whatever is a bit limp isn’t it?

Not saying we should take up arms but opinions of dissatisfaction have been expressed before and the club has at least reacted to reverse or change.

I don’t think it’s particularly lame to point out the hypocrisy in Henderson’s actions in the hope that other people might have pause to consider their actions in future.

One of the reason I call hypocrisy on this moralising on this [single] issue of gay rights is that we’ve only just shed off prejudice against sexual divergence in this country. Only this week has the MoD finally apologised to veterans who were discriminated against, some having promotions blocked or demoted several ranks all because of their sexuality. And, it’s all very well to then apologise now but the untold damage has already been done. It was part of the culture here as recently as 2000. I didn’t hear all the strident voices campaigning on their behalf that are now trying to get at football players.

That’s my last word on this as it seems to go round and round in circles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom