• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hendo'n his way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the senior players who will help the new guys settle and cover any gaps while they learn the ropes? Not happy that we have lost Milner, Henderson and Millie in the same window ...
Van Dijk helped Gakpo
Robbo got Doak and Ramsey
Matip and Konate seem to be helping Szobo
Adrian, Thiago are helping Mac

I'm not saying that Hendo is useless, but we have a lot of leaders in the team.

Van Dijk helped Gakpo
Robbo got Doak and Ramsey
Matip and Konate seem to be helping Szobo
Adrian, Thiago are helping Mac

I'm not saying that Hendo is useless, but we have a lot of leaders in the team.
Yeah, but not only would Henderson have helped them as a leader, he could have covered any of their positions while they took the requisite time it takes to adjust to a Klopp team. Of that list , only Thiago could do something similar for Mac & Szobo and Labia or whoever else we bring in for midfield, and we know he will be injured when that is required.

I know I'm starting to sound like a loon

Why not? Usually appearance based, and I’d imagine he’d play almost every game, and success. Given they are a mid table team success may be finishing 4th or somat

They've hardly given the impression that they are willing to pay anyone any money (apart from the players themselves).

Assuming they are as wealthy as is made out, why bother with add-ons? It's not as if they have rules and cash flow to worry about.

Yeah, but not only would Henderson have helped them as a leader, he could have covered any of their positions while they took the requisite time it takes to adjust to a Klopp team. Of that list , only Thiago could do something similar for Mac & Szobo and Labia or whoever else we bring in for midfield, and we know he will be injured when that is required.

I know I'm starting to sound like a loon

I agree, nothing with these deals for Hendo and Fabs are ideal except the fees.
We have a big gap in the midfield. Two young midfielders coming back late from the u21 euros. Two players rehabbing(Thiago and Bajetic). Two new midfielders.

Getting another DM in as fast as possible helps but still, not looking good.

In which case people mustn’t complain about FSG being tight-fisted gits. Either we let players leave because they’re no longer performing at the required level or we hang onto sentiment and memories but fall behind. Which we have in the last season and are only scrambling to catch up.

If the fees we were getting for these guys were enough to buy top quality replacements you'd have a point, but they're not and were never going to be. The fact that FSG's financial approach is too restrictive to enable us to stay at the top has nothing to do with the relative peanuts we'll be getting for these players.

Very disappointed. Surely this has tarnished his reputation.

And Gerrard has turned into a right ugly bastard hasn't he? Weird looks 18 and 50 at the same time.

City got 30M for Mahrez. Guess he’s a more exciting player.
He's Arab, Muslim, younger and just won the treble.
Imagine how much we'd get for Salah.
They'll have a bidding war.

Last edited:
Very disappointed. Surely this has tarnished his reputation.

And Gerrard has turned into a right ugly bastard hasn't he? Weird looks 18 and 50 at the same time.

Yes. Our European Cup winning captains have tended to take a bit of a battering reputation-wise over the years!

He's Arab, Muslim, younger just won the treble.
Imagine how much we'll get for Salah.
They'll have a bidding war.

To be honest, I would be tempted to sell Salah this year or next. I think he has become quite predictable and premier league teams have been able to mitigate his impact.

His overall numbers are still good, although he takes pens. I do appreciate that he has become much less selfish and had some impressive assist numbers last season. But, I suspect we are dependent on his goals, because our game is designed to for him in many ways. Without him, I suspect we would adapt like we did when Coutinho left.

We could buy a lot of talent for what we could get.

To be honest, I would be tempted to sell Salah this year or next. I think he has become quite predictable and premier league teams have been able to mitigate his impact.

His overall numbers are still good, although he takes pens. I do appreciate that he has become much less selfish and had some impressive assist numbers last season. But, I suspect we are dependent on his goals, because our game is designed to for him in many ways. Without him, I suspect we would adapt like we did when Coutinho left.

We could buy a lot of talent for what we could get.
Nope, I don't want us to sell any more of our senior players.
Replacing Salah will not be easy especially right now.
Obviously they've already enquired, but we've let them know that there's no chance.

He can leave next summer for stupid money and we'll have a star ready to replace him.

Last edited:
I’m very surprised by this, honestly thought he’d be a go down with the ship type and we’d get good value out of him as a utility man and leader off the pitch.

Not really into bashing people for going there to collect the riches but he feels like a special case because of the causes he has supported in the past. Also feels like he’s jumped ship at the first sign of not being an automatic starter. Not particularly impressed with him, tainted things a bit for me.

I’m very surprised by this, honestly thought he’d be a go down with the ship type and we’d get good value out of him as a utility man and leader off the pitch.

Not really into bashing people for going there to collect the riches but he feels like a special case because of the causes he has supported in the past. Also feels like he’s jumped ship at the first sign of not being an automatic starter. Not particularly impressed with him, tainted things a bit for me.

For once I don't agree, Markeh. He hasn't been an automatic starter for a while now, and the money - regrettably - is literally an offer he can't refuse IMO. I'm disappointed at the effect that losing him might end up having on the club and the squad, but not disappointed in him as such.

I've got no problem with the idea of us getting while the getting is good.

There is zero evidence that this was part of our transfer strategy though. We decided to do this, did we? No. We are having to react quickly to a situation that has developed, and I see no evidence that our current targets match our new current needs.

This situation could be advantageous, but not if we aren't willing to spend money, decisively, and now. If we simply use the kitty we have based on sales, and chuck in a meager amount, we won't really take advantage of this opportunity. I think we will just end up spending a little too much on mediocre players who won't ever reach the same heights.

It's all very well saying "hendo and fabinho aren't anywhere near their peak now, let's sell," but it's not acceptable to use their current form as the bar, or their current valuation as the kitty for their replacements. Not if we want to win anything. Most of us wanted 3 new cms. We got two.

We are doing a very thorough overhaul. I just don't think we are doing that on purpose. That makes me nervous.

For once I don't agree, Markeh. He hasn't been an automatic starter for a while now, and the money - regrettably - is literally an offer he can't refuse IMO. I'm disappointed at the effect that losing him might end up having on the club and the squad, but not disappointed in him as such.

But he could refuse it, JJ... He's already a multi, multi millionaire. He doesn't need this extra money. That's why I'm so disappointed in him, personally - He seemed to have more about him, but now he's sold out to those he once stood against.

I would have thought if this was all part of an evolved master plan then we would have brought in replacements prior to selling. Presumably now the selling club know we are desperate and can just increase the prize.
It maybe that we wait till Dec for further purchases and just make do with what we have, who knows or maybe a few loan deals in aug. Not sure about this plan but let’s see.

Ducking hell, here we go usual suspects up to their old claptrap nonsense yapping away over politics on a football forum section.

Instead of discussing how this affects Liverpool and how the club plan to move forward or carry on pretending like pre-season isn’t underway they wanna bring up Saudi culture and law yet again.

I can't believe I'm sad to see him go, but I do think it's in the club's best interests.

Pity he's completely outed himself as a raging hypocrite who will rightly be getting pelted for the rest of his life.
Yeah a pretty perfect looking CV here looks weird with the ending tagged on.

Shame but I'm still expecting him to be the face of some LGBT washing over there which will probably be hilarious

Ducking hell, here we go usual suspects up to their old claptrap nonsense yapping away over politics on a football forum section.

Instead of discussing how this affects Liverpool and how the club plan to move forward or carry on pretending like pre-season isn’t underway they wanna bring up Saudi culture and law yet again.

I really wish you'd fuck off and die, you boring, worthless cunt. I'd ask in you have ANY principals or beliefs that matter to you, but I already know the answer... You really are an insufferable wanker and you bring absolutely NOTHING to this forum.

I really wish you'd fuck off and die, you boring, worthless cunt. I'd ask in you have ANY principals or beliefs that matter to you, but I already know the answer... You really are an insufferable wanker and you bring absolutely NOTHING to this forum.
Man look at you, got me all figured out so quickly. I’m impressed!

Wonder which of our players you’ll be slagging off next that decide to join Saudi, rambling on about it until the end of time, after I die. Oh well, apologies for tugging away at your nerve cells but I’m really not worth getting THAT angry over.

Who exactly are you talking about here fella? Have I missed something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom