• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hendo'n his way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, and not just speak out but back it up with actions. It’s a widespread societal issue which ultimately stems from negligence, predominantly due to poor parenting and educating and further compounded by weak jurisdictions once it’s past that stage. The likes of Wilfried Zaha chooses not to take the knee for this very reason….it’s meaningless unless it’s backed up from the authorities, the people that can actually make and inspire change.

Just because a player might not want to speak out about it doesn’t mean they’re not against it.
You’re a cunt.

I for one am totally shocked that Binomial who I called out for homophobia about 18 months ago is in staunch defence of Hendo and the Saudi regime. SHOCKED!

You’re a cunt.

undertaker-coffin.gif

He better fuck off now. His reputation is trashed. A real shame as he was someone you could be proud to have associated with the club.

Hopefully he goes and Klopp calls him out on it.

You’re a cunt.

Why, because I think we have weak systems and authorities in place that've failed for decades to tackle social crimes which is prevalent in this day and age? Direct your anger at them.

Yes, in isolation it would have been good business. Except… by buying up all the high-profile players and injecting new oil billions into the transfer market, the Saudis have significantly inflated prices across the board. Unproven midfielders are being quoted for £70M+ now and that’s not a joke - it’s the new reality we’re just starting to wake up to. I have an uneasy feeling that whatever we “saved” by that transfer fee for a 33 year old and taking Hendo’s salary off the books, we will be forced to overspend that much and probably more to sign a replacement who probably won’t turn out to be half as good or influential as Hendo during his prime.

Losing Fabinho and Hendo in one window is a double-whammy and makes the task of rebuilding the midfield infinitely harder. We were in control of our rebuild until a few weeks ago; now I feel we’re scrambling.
Of course that's all true, but y'know, fuck it. We are where we are, largely due to negligence up to this point. We're not going to bridge the gap to the Man City's of this world by sticking with what we know, so we may as well roll the dice and see where we end up.

yea i think you’re right but it feels like a lifetime ago so can’t really remember, best contact your champagne guy just incase

it wouldn’t surprise me if he was having some second thoughts about it

The cynical part of me thinks they are taking this time in order to find a new PR angle to make the move more palatable.

Reactions: jan
I for one am totally shocked that Binomial who I called out for homophobia about 18 months ago is in staunch defence of Hendo and the Saudi regime. SHOCKED!

Feel free to point out where I've defended Hendo and the Saudi regime? Stop with your wild unfounded accusations, there's no place for it.

to summarise for you;

1. I've said I want him gone as he's no longer fit for purpose.
  2. I've said I don't care where he goes so long as it benefits the club.
  3. I've said I wish him well for being a fine captain for the club for the past 8 years.
  4. I've said it's now time fans moved on and stop bringing up the human rights/culture of a state which we don't need to concern ourselves with.
Hilarious if someone has a different take or feels differently about something, they wanna put words in your mouth and suddenly it's "you're a cunt", "you're a homophobe", "you're a bigot", "you don't belong in society unless you feel the same as I do!!!"..... yes, because that's how the world works.

Last edited:
The cynical part of me thinks they are taking this time in order to find a new PR angle to make the move more palatable.

could well be the case, probably deep in discussion with ettifaq working out what can be done to make everyone look good

Hilarious if someone has a different take or feels differently about something, they wanna put words in your mouth and suddenly it's "you're a cunt", "you're a homophobe", "you're a bigot", "you don't belong in society unless you feel the same as I do!!!"..... yes, because that's how the world works.
The thing is, you've proven you're all of those things before now, so you should hardly be surprised people react the way they do to you.

1. I've said it's now time fans moved on and stop bringing up the human rights/culture of a state which we don't need to concern ourselves with.
….

Without wanting to start an argument with you.

How would you feel if someone said something similar about people campaigning for justice over Hillsborough over the years.

South Yorkshire Police were funded by taxpayers - our money.

Should everyone have just shrugged and moved on and said we shouldn’t mix sport and politics?

How would you feel if Kenny Dalglish started writing a column in “that newspaper” or agreed to effectively promote it for a big bundle of cash.

People have a right to be annoyed by this and it’s right we’re discussing in the football forum.

Either all that “this means more” or that moral superiority we sometimes like to hold over fans is utter bullshit and we accept we’re just another plastic club that’s wants success at any cost and don’t care what our players - current or ex - do.

This does matter.

To lots of people - in different ways and for different reasons.

If you want to divorce Liverpool FC from politics, social responsibility, moral standing… we’ve become the cunts we accuse City & Chelsea of being.

If it doesn’t matter to you, read the room - walk away and find another time to express you opinions.

For me - I’d like the club and the players that represent the club to be better - it should mean more.

I think Hendo has made a mistake that’ll he regret - not financially, but he’s tarnished his reputation.

It’s a shame on many levels - footballing and non-footballing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom