• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is Lucas in the top 20 CM's in the Premiership ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47011.msg1405911#msg1405911 date=1317152038]
Jay Spearing was shamefully bad against Brighton. Anonymous in the second half. Lucas came into the team aged 20, not 22 as Spearing is now. Coady hasn't even played a competitive first team game yet you assume he is currently better. Lucas was MOTM against Bolton and also received votes against Spurs and Stoke. Carry making massive assumptions if you will but don't come running to me when people start complaining you are carrying an aroma like fermented gorgonzola
[/quote]

Just because people thought he was MOTM doesn't mean he was actually, Adam and Henderson were better in that game.
Lucas has been given the chance to start Spearing hasn't so the age doesn't bother me much. And Lucas starting hasn't been very good for us. His best time for Liverpool has been with Spearing next to him, sharing the defensive duties and taking a lot of the attacking onus off of him. Lucas is such a good DM he needs a DM next to him to shield him.

[quote author=Shelvey link=topic=47011.msg1405928#msg1405928 date=1317152841]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47011.msg1405911#msg1405911 date=1317152038]
Jay Spearing was shamefully bad against Brighton. Anonymous in the second half. Lucas came into the team aged 20, not 22 as Spearing is now. Coady hasn't even played a competitive first team game yet you assume he is currently better. Lucas was MOTM against Bolton and also received votes against Spurs and Stoke. Carry making massive assumptions if you will but don't come running to me when people start complaining you are carrying an aroma like fermented gorgonzola
[/quote]

Just because people thought he was MOTM doesn't mean he was actually, Adam and Henderson were better in that game.
Lucas has been given the chance to start Spearing hasn't so the age doesn't bother me much. And Lucas starting hasn't been very good for us. His best time for Liverpool has been with Spearing next to him, sharing the defensive duties and taking a lot of the attacking onus off of him. Lucas is such a good DM he needs a DM next to him to shield him.
[/quote]

bollocks. Lucas needs a mobile player next to him to start attacks. Thats why spearing looked good next to him. Defensively spearing harried people into making mistakes whereas lucas put the tackles in. Spearings drive and energy means he has t ostart WITH lucas, not instead of. Spearing would look even more like shite with the immobile adam next to him.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47011.msg1405927#msg1405927 date=1317152766]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47011.msg1405921#msg1405921 date=1317152366]
[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47011.msg1405916#msg1405916 date=1317152209]
[quote author=Home and A Gay link=topic=47011.msg1405910#msg1405910 date=1317152007]
I think Jay has come on in leaps n bounds in the last 8 months.
Championship class is fairly harsh.
[/quote]

i've seen nothing from the lad. His passing is completely average, his vision is next to non-existent, his shooting is average, and he breaks into the squad at the age of 22
[/quote]

Besides that wonder pass to Stevie, can you really tell me that Lucas's passing anything but average either?
[/quote]

generally on a weekly basis lucas plays good passes now wiz. The odd wonder cross field hollywood pass too. In the same way shelvey says to me, if you can't see lucas is a good passer then i'm sorry.

And shelvey, for spearing to be a good DM he'll have t obein the mascher mould, all action and running about. I don't think spearing can see attacks forming and know when to break them down. To me, he seems to lack quite a lot of in-game awareness.

Surely its no coincidence he's only just got a look in when we were in the middle of a CM crisis, and that he's never got a look in at any england level.
[/quote]

Can someone who watched the reserves enlighten us on how he was in the reserves as a DM? Look he was the captain though and played CB even which is impressive for a midget. He has the defensive attributes, I would bet Clarke could coach some of that into him. Even watching game tape would help that. Look I may be wrong that Spearing is better as a long DM but I want to see it because Lucas has not cemented that position for me. If we bought M'Vila he would be out on day one so that proves that. And for all the improving Lucas has done, any one with pace can just bypass him through the middle; Mark Davies shat on him.

Shelvey is just trying to enigneer himself a starting place. He has a dark agenda

[quote author=Shelvey link=topic=47011.msg1405919#msg1405919 date=1317152315]
Spearings's had numerous good shots for us. Lucas has had 6 in over 100 appearances.
[/quote]

oh and i meant to point this out

say fucking what?

Spearing hasn't even LOOKED like scoring for us. Yes he has had some shots on target...and? So has fucking lucas.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47011.msg1405934#msg1405934 date=1317153170]
Shelvey is just trying to enigneer himself a starting place. He has a dark agenda
[/quote]

that i would be happy with

just not as DM

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47011.msg1405936#msg1405936 date=1317153327]
[/quote]

just not as DM
[/quote]

See? His jedi, or rather sith, mind trick is working on you....

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47011.msg1405931#msg1405931 date=1317153034]
bollocks. Lucas needs a mobile player next to him to start attacks. Thats why spearing looked good next to him. Defensively spearing harried people into making mistakes whereas lucas put the tackles in. Spearings drive and energy means he has t ostart WITH lucas, not instead of. Spearing would look even more like shite with the immobile adam next to him.
[/quote]

actually thats why Lucas looked so good, because next to Adam, Masch, Aquilani he wasn't. Lucas needs a partner who can attack and defend and be mobile. Great! I'm sure the mobile Spearing would be better next to the immobile Adam than the immobile Lucas.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47011.msg1405935#msg1405935 date=1317153182]
[quote author=Shelvey link=topic=47011.msg1405919#msg1405919 date=1317152315]
Spearings's had numerous good shots for us. Lucas has had 6 in over 100 appearances.
[/quote]

oh and i meant to point this out

say fucking what?

Spearing hasn't even LOOKED like scoring for us. Yes he has had some shots on target...and? So has fucking lucas.
[/quote]

haha, he has looked like scoring for us, he's had a few great shots on target, from my memory one that led directly to a goal. And he was in on goal if it werent for a foul at SUnderland that we luckily got a penalty for.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47011.msg1405936#msg1405936 date=1317153327]
[/quote]

just not as DM
[/quote]

agreed, but I am not sure we need a DM. Especially cause historically with Lucas in the team we leak goals. So we may as well be more potent going the other way.

A foal at Sunderland? I don't know - first beachballs and now young horses. Is there any level they won't stoop to?

Lol, you didnt quote it so it didn't happen. I still like you Sunny, are you sure you don't want to play DM instead of Lucas, I hear you'd be more imposing.

[quote author=Shelvey link=topic=47011.msg1405942#msg1405942 date=1317153558]

actually thats why Lucas looked so good, because next to Adam, Masch, Aquilani he wasn't. Lucas needs a partner who can attack and defend and be mobile. Great!

[/quote]

Aqua never played that deep as he was mainly in the gerrard role off the striker when fit
Masch played DM and ran about (like i said lucas needed[well not the DM part but you get my meaning]), and masch hardly ever attacked so...don't quite know what you're gettign at there. and with adam...the lad can't defend after the 55th minute because of all the pies, so lucas works twice as hard (and gives away less free kicks than adam). Which is why lucas and adam looks like a shite pairing. Becuae adam is so woefully unfit and lacks a good work ethic on the pitch.

Gerrard and Lucas would work phenomenally well. I'm really eager to see that. I'm also eager to see shelvey and lucas as jonjo offers dynamism like spearing, but with actual ability too.

edit: I also hasten to add that when we had mascher, lucas played in more of a box to box type. He wasn't very good at it, mainly because he didn't get a decent run before that, and we'd spent fucking ages coaxing the attacking nature out of him

[quote author=Shelvey link=topic=47011.msg1405951#msg1405951 date=1317154087]
Lol, you didnt quote it so it didn't happen. I still like you Sunny, are you sure you don't want to play DM instead of Lucas, I hear you'd be more imposing.
[/quote]

Well I suppose one is a start

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47011.msg1405952#msg1405952 date=1317154164]
[quote author=Shelvey link=topic=47011.msg1405942#msg1405942 date=1317153558]

actually thats why Lucas looked so good, because next to Adam, Masch, Aquilani he wasn't. Lucas needs a partner who can attack and defend and be mobile. Great!

[/quote]

Aqua never played that deep as he was mainly in the gerrard role off the striker when fit
Masch played DM and ran about (like i said lucas needed[well not the DM part but you get my meaning]), and masch hardly ever attacked so...don't quite know what you're gettign at there. and with adam...the lad can't defend after the 55th minute because of all the pies, so lucas works twice as hard (and gives away less free kicks than adam). Which is why lucas and adam looks like a shite pairing. Becuae adam is so woefully unfit and lacks a good work ethic on the pitch.

Gerrard and Lucas would work phenomenally well. I'm really eager to see that. I'm also eager to see shelvey and lucas as jonjo offers dynamism like spearing, but with actual ability too.

edit: I also hasten to add that when we had mascher, lucas played in more of a box to box type. He wasn't very good at it, mainly because he didn't get a decent run before that, and we'd spent fucking ages coaxing the attacking nature out of him
[/quote]

BS on your edit. Its cause he doesn't have the ability to attack in the PL. Yeah cause Rafa really said you're next to the best DM in the world you can't attack even though Masch did more attacking than Lucas.

But yeah, I think this is getting tedious. Agree to disagree, I don't think Lucas has earned a cemented spot in the lineup, and you do. I'd rather see if we can get a better partnership going and id be happy to try spearing out.

Fair enough, think lucas is always destined to be remembered like this

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47011.msg1405976#msg1405976 date=1317155501]
[/quote]

I don't think he'll be remembered at all

Tbf, unless he starts stepping up a bit and showing he's got more in his locker then that probably will be the case. I like him and he does a job but doesn't particularly excel at anything when either attacking or defending. He can show glimpses of good stuff in both respects but not consistently enough and it's usually sandwiched between a few moments that just make me groan.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47011.msg1405980#msg1405980 date=1317155604]
[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47011.msg1405976#msg1405976 date=1317155501]
[/quote]

I don't think he'll be remembered at all
[/quote]

Dont be daft. Name me ONE player you've ever forgotten. That should keep you busy for a while.

*walks off whistling*

Reina

Kelly Carra Agger Enrique

Gerrard Lucas

Bellamy Carroll Downing

Suarez

who is the obvious weak spot?

[quote author=themn link=topic=47011.msg1406000#msg1406000 date=1317156856]
Carroll.
[/quote]

Yep. Playing him in the hole. As. If.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47011.msg1405549#msg1405549 date=1317090850]
As per fucking usual those who can't identify a footballer if he doesn't barnstorm into a thunderous tackle, slide about on his arse or bang in a 30 yard screamer don't rate Lucas.

English football is littered with this bollocks. It's why England hasn't won a thing in 50 fucking years. A footballer who wins possession without wailing about on his hole and then KEEPS it. Every time.

He plays in midfield for the most famous footballing country in the world, but thats not enough for the self-acclaimed "most knowledgable fans in football".

Jesus fucking cunting wept cunt.
[/quote]

God forbid we would want a player in there who was obviously good Ryan....Nooo no no.....

Much prefer the secretly good ones... the ones who look a bit shit but its the stuff you dont see... you see...

(footnote: I actually quite like Lucas im just on a wind up and seeing as everyone is so fucking whingy at the minute i thought id join in.... P.S. we will beat Everton and everyone will be all bouncy and friendly again, even the spastics)

[quote author=Shelvey link=topic=47011.msg1405991#msg1405991 date=1317156271]
Reina

Gerrard Lucas

Bellamy Carroll Downing

Suarez

[/quote]

The centre back sitting in the treatment room

He was good there against Wolves and it makes a lot of sense. Allows the pace and tricky movement of Suarez to play off the shoulder. Carroll's passing is fine and he found Suarez many a time. He also will drag a CB out of position making it easier for Suarez, unless they want to let Carroll battle it out with a DM; which plays to our favor. He can head it on to Suarez, he will be able to use that cannon of a shot more often, and crash the box for a header when its crossed. It was the same in the Man City game last year, get used to it guys Carroll is going to play in behind Suarez.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=47011.msg1406011#msg1406011 date=1317157091]
[quote author=Shelvey link=topic=47011.msg1405991#msg1405991 date=1317156271]
Reina

Gerrard Lucas

Bellamy Carroll Downing

Suarez

[/quote]

The centre back sitting in the treatment room
[/quote]

True but I rate Skrtel and Coates, so not a problem.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47011.msg1406013#msg1406013 date=1317157205]
Can we not use the word spastics lads? Please. Its not very nice.
[/quote]
I wasnt using it... i was just mentioning that we were called one earlier...

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47011.msg1406020#msg1406020 date=1317157399]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47011.msg1406013#msg1406013 date=1317157205]
Can we not use the word spastics lads? Please. Its not very nice.
[/quote]
I wasnt using it... i was just mentioning that we were called one earlier...
[/quote]

I'm not having a go at ya MT. Its just a horrible horrible word isn't it? And can be quite offensive to some people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom