• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

Gwan Jim Harbaugh. That Miners secondary was good last night. You expect the front seven to kill you, but they were gagging takeaways all over. Probably the best game I've seen Alex Smith have as a pro too. Still has his problems reading the zone, but you can't deny he's getting it done.

Many lulz at Brady's Second Coming. That was savage.

Re: Re: Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=46797.msg1#msg1 date=1326665565]
Standard.... goes for the big hit instead of wrapping the guy up, touchdown.

And yet it happens over and over again.
[/quote]

This starts in college. Seen loads of them do it over the last few years. Makes no sense unless you hit like Harrison and know the cunt isn't going to keep going.

FUCKING HELL. The NYG are going to win another Super Bowl and the 'ELIte' Eli talk will just get louder and louder. AHHHHHHH

Hard to knock him after this game and the Atlanta one mate. He's been huge on 3rd down.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=46797.msg1465032#msg1465032 date=1326695441]
Hard to knock him after this game and the Atlanta one mate. He's been huge on 3rd down.
[/quote]

Yah, but he plays for the Giants. THeir fans are almost as bad as Manure fans.

He has a ring and he kills matches. Those are the two things elite quarterbacks do. Like it or not, he's in the conversation.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=46797.msg1465120#msg1465120 date=1326714388]

He has a ring and he kills matches. Those are the two things elite quarterbacks do. Like it or not, he's in the conversation.
[/quote]

yah mate, i spent high school in a new york school and i was told by the nyg fans how 'Aikman isn't elite' blah blah - and this was in the mid 90s when the 'Boys were the best team in football, bar none. So I just hate them with a passion, more so than the Eagles or Skins.

Aikman always suffered detractors because he played in a brilliant team with one of the best running backs in league history. I never thought he was one of the elite passers (he fucking loved an interception and his accuracy in regular season play often veered south of 60%), but he could manage the fuck out of a game, and kept a team of total maniacs on course until it totally ate itself. And he manned up in the playoffs. That pretty much made him elite. He was like the reverse-Romo. Looked alright in regular season play in a great team, then pressed a switch in January (Romo flicks a switch too, but it's the one that opens a trap door beneath him). He'll continue to suffer detractors today because football has changed and the top QBs put up gaudy numbers year after year, which Aikman didn't.

I would say that he was one of the elite quarterbacks of his generation, but he wouldn't appear on my all time list. That might be unfair on someone who has three rings, but he never had to carry that team himself, and you suspect they would have won multiple titles with other QBs. Where as if Smith had been taken out of the side...

Plus, he's a Cowboy and I'm hardwired to hate him.

I don't think he's in the top tier of QBs - but he never had to be, as you've said. But you also mentioned how amazing he was in the playoffs - his game went to another level.

He's probably in that 2nd tier (if not 3rd), which I don't think is bad.

I always wonder how he'd have done in a pass happy offense ...

FYI - accuracy and INTs (which aren't that bad!):

Year Cmp% Int Int%
1989 52.9 18 6.1
1990 56.6 18 4.5
1991* 65.3 10 2.8
1992* 63.8 14 3
1993* 69.1 6 1.5
1994* 64.5 12 3.3
1995* 64.8 7 1.6
1996* 63.7 13 2.8
1997 56.4 12 2.3
1998 59.4 5 1.6
1999 59.5 12 2.7
2000 59.5 14 5.3

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=46797.msg1465250#msg1465250 date=1326730442]
Matthew Stafford is an elite quarterback. Eat my facts.
[/quote]

Megatron makes thee. Megatron goeth, Stafford stats goeth too.

Megatron is an animal, for sure, but he accounted for less than half of Stafford's TDs and less than a third of his yards. Boy went over five large. He's legit. He was legit coming out of Georgia, and he's only got better since. Any QB is reliant to some degree on whoever is receiving from him, but I'm convinced Stafford would get it done with anyone. Hell, Titus Young is a rookie and he ended up with nice figures. I'm not saying Stafford's elite yet, but he's 23. He's a pup. I can't remember the last time a QB that young racked up numbers like Stafford did this year. Marino probably. He stays fit and develops the receiving group around him, Stafford is more than promising.

And I fucking hate Detroit.

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=46797.msg1465015#msg1465015 date=1326679433]
Go Niners!
[/quote]

*nods*

2 predictions, 2 correct.

I'm putting money on my next hunch.

Back
Top Bottom