• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January/summer targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Inter at least have some money. As do Marseille who are interested. He rejected a loan move to WBA this summer.

Lets hope it isnt a loan move in January. Better to get a permanent deal and move on for both sides.

Well, Inter at least have some money. As do Marseille who are interested. He rejected a loan move to WBA this summer.

Lets hope it isnt a loan move in January. Better to get a permanent deal and move on for both sides.
Nah, don't think a loan move is really on the table atm.

Oooooh interesting. A goal scoring winger. @rurikbird will know him much better than me as he's been playing in Russia the last couple of seasons where his game seems to have improved.

He looked good for the national team recently.

Yeah, looks a good addition to the team with movement, pace and goalscoring ability. Can play anywhere in the 3 attacking positins aswell.
Dont know to much about him mind and 25 mill £ is a decent fee.

Sounds promising (sorry, couldn't resist), his stats in Russia are excellent (36 league goals in 68 games – doesn't get better than that for a winger) but I don't think I've ever seen him play except maybe once for Holland – I have not watched Russian league for over 5 years. Will add him to the OP.

Out of all the wingers we've been linked with, this sounds like the most likely link so far – Brandt and Pulisic surely not available in January, that Argentinian striker is too young and untested to be considered anything more than a prospect (+ work permit issues). Promes is turning 25 in January, so he is a few months older than Mane. The style looks pretty similar and Wijnaldum will have a Dutch-Surinamese best buddy is this transfer happens.

Last edited:
Inter vs WBA in the Sakho race, apparently.

*sits back next to the fax machine and waits for the largest offer*
If I know my Italians that will be WBA. Loan deal paying half wages with an option (never taken) to buy. Fuck Italians.

* quiffed HC

BILD reporting that Schalke and Kolasinac have started preliminary talks about a new contract.
Hopefully its just to keep his options open as he would be a great free transfer signing.

I am not doubting that the Ev wants a player like that but I guess they've got a very long list of players way beyond their reach they want.

PS But who knows if they can offer him a guaranteed starting-spot, got a familiar Dutch manager, splash the cash etc.. I still very much doubt it though, as I think he will join a club further up the ladder.

Southampton apparently making a loan (to perm) bid for Sturridge in January.
It kinda would make sense that we started sending players the other way and though he's still a firm favorite of mine the Studge, it does seem that something is just not quite right for him at the moment and Soton would probably not be a bad place for him at all.

It kinda would make sense that we started sending players the other way and though he's still a firm favorite of mine the Studge, it does seem that something is just not quite right for him at the moment and Soton would probably not be a bad place for him at all.

Not a chance with Mane off to the ANC if you ask me.

Also Man Utd now muscling in on Van Dijk

I can't see it tbh.

I think Sturridge sees himself as world-class and would only want to leave for a top side.

I can't see it tbh.

I think Sturridge sees himself as world-class and would only want to leave for a top side.
I guess that is right but it takes two to tango and you could argue from a top clubs perspective that you are not going to buy subs at Liverpool at this stage..

Well, we're probably going to try and invest in somebody a bit jinky and exciting in January I'm thinking. Spurs will make a counter bid. The Ukrainian / Russian club president will pull the plug on the deal on deadline day.

Surely Klopp is going to have to go into the market for a more senior forward in Jan? We've got Firmino and Mane currently to pick from, Lallana, Sturridge (always injured, not really trusted by Klopp for the system), Ings out injured, Origi and Ojo seen as juniors. And we lose Mane shortly too. I could understand a move for Pulisic as one for the future like Origi, but we need a goalscoring forward that fits the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom