• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Window Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
£20m was is it? Fucking atrocious. We have a habit of stunting players progression but what the fuck with this twat?

"Can see Markovic being a hit and turn into a very good player with Klopp in charge"

"The kid will be ace if given time. He is Premiership standard".

He won't be sold."

"I hope not Markovic has great potential, and I reckon he'll realise it here"

"Markovic was fantastic. He'll be ace for us."

"He won't go on loan".

"Markovic is just an allround brilliant footballer. He'll be ace for us".

"Yep, this is exactly the type of player we want. He'll be ace"

It seems that there was quite a lot of optimism about Markovic, and it did continue for a while, in spite of lack of playing time. Admittedly, all of the above quotes are by Hansern, which does dilute their impact a bit.

I got to the last of those quotes and just started to type 'i bet they were all from Hansern'

Then i saw they were.

King of the over optimistic one word description of a player.

I got to the last of those quotes and just started to type 'i bet they were all from Hansern'

Then i saw they were.

King of the over optimistic one word description of a player.

You have to admire his unyielding optimism, even when faced with evidence that suggests exactly the opposite. And occasionally no evidence at all.

It does, however, call into question his value as a contributor to any critical assessment of a player. Or anything, really.

Wasn't it a poxy cup game?
Ah, the infamous Poxy Cup.

First awarded during the 70's when the smallpox epidemic was threatening to break into Europe from India, the tournament was created to generate interest & awareness of the virus.

Still played today despite their not being an outbreak for 50 years, it is perhaps the most ill-named (pun intended) trophy in the world, behind the 'world series' of US baseball, of course.

"Can see Markovic being a hit and turn into a very good player with Klopp in charge"

He won't be sold."

"He won't go on loan".

It seems that there was quite a lot of optimism about Markovic, and it did continue for a while, in spite of lack of playing time. Admittedly, all of the above quotes are by Hansern, which does dilute their impact a bit.

Great to see that you were able to use part of your phone hacking skills to find these posts.

I’d find all your previous posts about Firmino just to show how clueless you are, but I’m not a massive mong like you.
Searching up old quotes, are you Roscos sister?

You have to admire his unyielding optimism, even when faced with evidence that suggests exactly the opposite. And occasionally no evidence at all.

It does, however, call into question his value as a contributor to any critical assessment of a player. Or anything, really.

Yes, says the man who didnt rate Suarez. One of the best strikers in the World.
Its a good thing your opinion doesnt mean much around here.

Seems about right http://www.onef.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30563&start=40. If you can't be bothered clicking the link; The Falkirk fans don't think the lad we are supposedly after is good enough for Falkirk!
TBF I bet a lot of people said similar things about Robertson too.

I think LB is a great position to buy young talent in, as a good LB is still such a rare commodity that even if you can only coach them up to a decent standard you'll make profit, & obv if you can make the most of that potential you save yourself a lot in not having to buy the finished article in future.

Ah, the infamous Poxy Cup.

First awarded during the 70's when the smallpox epidemic was threatening to break into Europe from India, the tournament was created to generate interest & awareness of the virus.

Still played today despite their not being an outbreak for 50 years, it is perhaps the most ill-named (pun intended) trophy in the world, behind the 'world series' of US baseball, of course.
A pox on all who criticise this competition

TBF I bet a lot of people said similar things about Robertson too.

I think LB is a great position to buy young talent in, as a good LB is still such a rare commodity that even if you can only coach them up to a decent standard you'll make profit, & obv if you can make the most of that potential you save yourself a lot in not having to buy the finished article in future.
Very true and it's not as if £200,000 is gonna break the bank BUT it would have been nice if even a couple of them were pissed off at the thought of losing him.

He won't be sold."

"He won't go on loan".

I said he was shite, and reminded me of Forrest Gump.

I am fucking depressed that neither Klopp nor FSG see it fit to sign someone of genuine quality - instead they are looking across the world for that bargain that's gonna be a fucking gem. You just know that's what their game is. Also the fact that they are going for Lemar pisses me off somewhat as he won't play in the CL - which to us is a problem. We need someone and our manager seems to be totally off his head with this waiting game. In the mean time we see those manc cunts signing whatever shit they want and Arsenal/Spurs upto no good. It just drives me crazy !!! - I DON'T UNDERSTAND - HELP ME UNDERSTAND !! - gonna laugh now to calm down.

I am fucking depressed that neither Klopp nor FSG see it fit to sign someone of genuine quality - instead they are looking across the world for that bargain that's gonna be a fucking gem. You just know that's what their game is. Also the fact that they are going for Lemar pisses me off somewhat as he won't play in the CL - which to us is a problem. We need someone and our manager seems to be totally off his head with this waiting game. In the mean time we see those manc cunts signing whatever shit they want and Arsenal/Spurs upto no good. It just drives me crazy !!! - I DON'T UNDERSTAND - HELP ME UNDERSTAND !! - gonna laugh now to calm down.

Er... We're dickheads?

The lesson I take from the Markovic debacle is to beware judging a player on videos only. Markovic looked really good in the clips I saw before he arrived.

The lesson I take from the Markovic debacle is to beware judging a player on videos only. Markovic looked really good in the clips I saw before he arrived.

And he will still look good in those clips when he leave, and they will still be the most recent action on display.... this didn' turn out well for either part. Hope he gets his career on track somewhere.

So City are spending big money on Laporte. Will be interesting to see how he compares to VVD over time.

So City are spending big money on Laporte. Will be interesting to see how he compares to VVD over time.

Guardiola attempted to sign Laporte when he was at Bayern - and again last season.

Solid defender - but he's a really tall centre back and thus lacks speed.

Will be interesting to see how he adapts to the high line.

City building a solid squad of young players - pretty sure that majority of the squad is 25 or under.

Guardiola attempted to sign Laporte when he was at Bayern - and again last season.

Solid defender - but he's a really tall centre back and thus lacks speed.

Will be interesting to see how he adapts to the high line.

City building a solid squad of young players - pretty sure that majority of the squad is 25 or under.

Not seen him play, but I hope he is slow.

But not all 'really tall' centre cakes lack speed: Campbell was quick, and he was pretty huge. And of course there is our very own Van Dyke. He's bloody massive and is very speedy for his size.

As we've talked about for years and years, it's always useful to have at least one of your CBs who is quick, and that's been the case for lots of successful CB partnerships, going back to the first I vaguely recall at Liverpool; Hansen and Lawrenson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom