• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let's talk about Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I’m not saying Mount is not good or Jones is “generational” - you’re not really comparing like with like there.

Mount is 2 years older - so you could discount 56 games & 14 goals for last year.

Mount also spent 2 seasons on loans playing in the Dutch league & Championship, so there’s another 64 games & 17 goals you could strip out.

A fair comparison is to look at how many Premier League games Mount had played at roughly the same age as Curtis.

In that case you have a comparable 73 games & 13 goals Vs Curtis’ 55 & 4.

Better… yes… but not as much of a gap.

When you consider that Curtis has only played over 15 games once, whereas amount has consistently played over 30 games - be that due to injury, form or experience, I think you can make a case that Curtis, if he is given a consistent run in the side and maintains a decent level of form, isn’t vastly inferior to what Mount offers.

Mount’s fitness is better therefore he’s developed and delivered quickly - but there’s every reason to think that if Curtis played and started 30+ games a season then his output and influence would be comparable to Mounts.

I’m all for signing Mount - but not much more than £40m - but also there is really no point in keeping Curtis if we aren’t going to play him regularly - so loan or cash in.
Mount has also consistently played in a more attacking position, hasn't he? Mason Mount has nearly always played as a central attacking midfielder, a position Klopp just hasn't incorporated into the team since Coutinho left. It is comparing apples and pears. Our midfielders all have depressed creative stats because of the way we play.

Well, we've played Harvey Elliott all season and to me, Curtis Jones is way better. Just hope he can stay fit and play the rest of our games

If still quite like to see Elliott in the role as it is now, as we've seemingly stumbled upon a formation that looks alright

I think the problem with Jones is he looks like Gnasher from the Beano and that disgusts people on a deeply unconscious level.

So they fix on to some vaguely plausible criticism ie "he holds on to the ball too long" and they think they're being smart and critical when really they just hate the way he looks like Gnasher from the Beano.
I loved Gnasher* ! I'd go straight to that page (near the back page if I remember correctly) whenever my copy dropped through the letterbox.

*I'm always the maverick

He’s played 50% more games which you can argue is down to fitness but also equally because I dunno, he’s a better player? Mount was a regular part of the team that won the CL.

And three times the amount of goals is not a small gap and assists is off the charts.

I’m a big Curtis fan but it’s laughable to make a case that he’s even remotely close to Mount, nevermind better which was the assertion in the post I replied to.

Whether we should sign Mount is a different discussion altogether.

Jones clearly isn’t as good - but he has at least a similar ceiling.

Im not arguing with you - I’m just saying that claiming there’s a massive gap between the two players in ability is as extreme as calling Curtis a generational talent.

It is more of a fitness thing and not playing games that has slowed his development.

Besides Chelsea have been shite for ages - while we’ve been a better team.

Jones clearly isn’t as good - but he has at least a similar ceiling.

Im not arguing with you - I’m just saying that claiming there’s a massive gap between the two players in ability is as extreme as calling Curtis a generational talent.

It is more of a fitness thing and not playing games that has slowed his development.

Besides Chelsea have been shite for ages - while we’ve been a better team.
Agreed. Im a huge Jones fan btw. Not a generational talent but could be a very big player for us if he can stay fit as unlikely as that is.

Flintstone?

I was more into Betty.
You're thinking of Wilma Flintstone

Velma was this one in Scooby Doo .. you can tell she's dirty

Velma_Dinkley.png

Velma is so much hotter than Daphne, the basic bitch. A hairband and a neckerchief? She can't fuck.
Don't get me wrong, I knew I was meant to fancy Daphne, but I actually fancied Velma too. That wee skirt and socks combo just works. I once had a girlfriend who could have pulled off an excellent Velma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom