• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch 2023-24

[article]Jakub Ojrzynski (20) joins Den Bosch FC for the 2023/24 season on loan. The Polish youth international has had previous spells at Caernarfon Town and Radomiak Radom.[/article]

Disaster, i heard something about him deleting his Twitter earlier too. Love to see him turn it around.

Nah - he’s done if he’s out for a decent length of time.

Shame.

Fabio Carvalho liked Fabrizo Romanos post about Caicedo not joining us.

He's finished here as a player. That is not a good look.

Sepp started his first game of the season for Mainz.

At fault for their goal?

He might get to play CL football and raise his valuation - probably why the loan is up to Jan only. :D

[article]We are delighted to announce the signing of Luca Stephenson from Liverpool on a season long loan.

Stephenson will link up with Pete Wild’s men for the 2023/2024 season on loan from six-time European Champions Liverpool.

The midfielder began his youth career in the North East at Sunderland’s academy, before signing for Liverpool’s under 15’s team at the time.

At the Reds’ academy the 19-year-old has been described as a creative midfielder who can also dictate play from a deeper lying role in midfield.

However, he’s a real team player who has captained Liverpool’s under 18’s side and will happily fill in at full back or centre half if needed, as he did for their U21 side last season.

Last season Stephenson also featured in EFL Trophy games against Salford City, Accrington Stanley and Rochdale.

Speaking after the deal was agreed, Bluebirds boss Pete Wild said, "Firstly, I'd like to say thank you to Liverpool for their cooperation with this. We're really pleased that they've trusted us with one of their bright prospects.

We've done our homework and we feel he'll be a really good addition to the group. Hoepfully we can help Luca on his journey like we've done with other loan players in the past."

Equally as delighted to have the deal arranged was Luca himself, who said "This is my first senior loan and I'm delighted to have got it all sorted. I'm hoping to learn alot whilst I'm here, from the manager and staff as well as the players who have been there and done it at this level before. I will bring alot of energy and some goals and assists to the table and I can't wait to get going."[/article]

[article]Tranmere Rovers are delighted to confirm the signing of James Norris from Liverpool on a season-long loan.

Norris is a left-back who can also play in midfield.

He made his professional debut for Liverpool in December 2019, coming on as a substitute against Aston Villa in the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup.

The 20-year-old has represented England at youth levels from under-16 up to under-19.

Norris has experience winning silverware with England and Liverpool. He was part of the England under-17 side which lifted the Syrenka Cup in 2019, as well as winning the Lancashire Senior Cup with Liverpool’s under-23s in 2022.

The youngster will join up with the squad ahead of this weekend’s clash against Wrexham at Prenton Park.

Manager Ian Dawes said: “I've known James for a long time from when I worked at Liverpool with the younger age groups. He suits the mentality, he works hard, he competes, he runs, he's tenacious, always all in.

"He never lets you down in his approach to the game and his commitment, and it's good to have him in."

On signing for Rovers, Norris said: “I'm excited. I can't wait to get going. As soon as I found out that it was going to go through, I was made up.

"This is the first Club I came to. This is where I signed my first football contract when I was 8 or 9, and then moved on to Liverpool so it's come back around and I'm back at Tranmere. I can't wait to get playing for them.

"I know it's a massive Club round here, everyone knows who Tranmere are around Liverpool. It'll be a privilege to play here."[/article]

[article]Hull City are delighted to announce the arrival of highly-rated midfielder Tyler Morton on a season-long loan from Premier League side Liverpool.

The 20-year-old, who penned a new long-term contract with the Reds in January and has made nine appearances for Jurgen Klopp’s side, becomes the Tigers’ 10th and final summer signing.

The holding midfielder played 46 times for Blackburn Rovers in his first loan spell away from Anfield last season, starting 30 Championship matches and providing four assists.

The three-time England Under-20 international helped Jon Dahl Tomasson’s men finish seventh, missing out on the play-offs only on goal difference, and reach the FA Cup quarter-finals.

Joining Liverpool’s academy aged seven, Wallasey-born Morton has featured in every age group for the Merseyside club and was part of their 2021/22 EFL Cup and FA Cup-winning squads.

The youngster started one Premier League match and two Champions League games that season, including a 2-1 victory over Italian giants AC Milan at the San Siro.

Head coach Liam Rosenior said: “For us to capture a player of Tyler’s pedigree and potential, again fighting off a lot of competition, I’m absolutely over the moon.

“He played at a high level last season in a team in Blackburn that just missed out on the play-offs. He’s played in the Champions League, Premier League and in cup games for a top club in Liverpool.

“The fact Liverpool and Tyler believe Hull City is the best place for him to continue his development says a lot about the direction we’re moving in as a football club.

“Tyler has everything I like in a midfield player. He’s brave and has got unbelievable technical quality, which is important for the way we play. He can see a pass, has a great football brain, understands the game with his defensive positioning and is aggressive.

“He was our first choice and we’ve had to wait a long time to get it done but I’m delighted it’s finally happened.”[/article]

Last edited:
Says a lot that the manager has just brought him in to the squad a couple of weeks ago, and straight into delivering key set-pieces on his debut as they're trying to get something out of a game against one of the main rivals for a finish near the top.

Says a lot that the manager has just brought him in to the squad a couple of weeks ago, and straight into delivering key set-pieces on his debut as they're trying to get something out of a game against one of the main rivals for a finish near the top.

[article]
Deadline-day addition Morton was the architect of Connolly’s late leveller, with Rosenior enthusing: “That 30-minute performance showed exactly why we waited so long to bring him in. He’s not up to full fitness at all.

“I have three midfielders in there – Tyler, Regan (Slater) and Mika (Jean Michaël Seri) – whichever of those two start, we’ll have quality.

“Tyler’s an outstanding young player – he’s really happy and turned down a lot of clubs to be here.”

Morton’s delivery still required a finish of the highest quality from Connolly for his fourth goal of the season, salvaging our seventh point from a losing position.
[/article]

Last edited:
Why so we suck so bad at loaning players out.
It's more about quality of the players we've loaned over the years. There are exceptions, like Harvey obviously.
Will be interesting to see how the young Scot does for Preston when he's back to full fitness.

Not going that well for Van den Berg btw. Mainz lost again and he was horrible, check the last two goals.

That Stuttgart striker has scored 8 in 4 league games.

It's more about quality of the players we've loaned over the years. There are exceptions, like Harvey obviously.
Will be interesting to see how the young Scot does for Preston when he's back to full fitness.

Not going that well for Van den Berg btw. Mainz lost again and he was horrible, check the last two goals.

That Stuttgart striker has scored 8 in 4 league games.

Van Der Berg is never making it at the top level.

Back
Top Bottom