• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch 2023-24

Scottish Naby showing us what happens when you're made of glass. We should sell at the first opportunity

Why - he has another season as an U21 player - no need to sell.

It’s disappointing that he’s been injured for so long, but it seems to be a recurrence if one injury, rather than injury prone.

The back thing was related to growing pains wasn’t it?

There is a chance he’s missed too much game time to make it - but that really depends on how he goes from here.

[article]Dundee manager Tony Docherty has no concerns about Liverpool recalling left-back Owen Beck.

The Reds have lost Andy Robertson for months, as the Scotland international suffered a dislocated shoulder.

While Beck has started well in the Scottish Premiership, Docherty insists he isn't worried about losing the youngster.

“You keep an eye on all developments. That's the way it works with loan players," said Docherty.

“You give them a platform to do well for themselves but also for Dundee Football Club.

“And if they do well, of course they will attract attention from either their parent club or elsewhere. But I'm not worried about it. It is something I'm aware of.

“Owen is doing exceptionally well and with international recognition as well, it wouldn't be a surprise if people are talking about him.

“But he's such a grounded boy and is very popular here. I think he enjoys playing here – the football side of it and the camaraderie in the dressing room as well."[/article]

[article]Liverpool loanee Calvin Ramsay will be hoping that he can finally kick start his career.

The Scotland starlet, who is on loan from Liverpool at Preston North End, is dealing with an injury setback.

Ramsay suffered a knee problem shortly after his move to Deepdale, but he is on the mend.

Per the Lancashire Evening Post, their boss Ryan Lowe spoke about Ramsay returning to training.

He stated: "I'm pleased for Calvin really. It has been a tough time for him hasn't it?

"He came to us in pre-season, on loan, and he wasn't quite right. He then had to go back and reset his program for his knee. He's got a big smile on his face and he loves being here. We want him getting competitive football for as long as he's here.

"He's a good player. We've got to get him up to speed, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to have him around and if you ask him I'm sure he'd say the same thing."[/article]

[article]Liverpool midfielder Tyler Morton is enjoying working for manager Jurgen Klopp.

Morton is currently on-loan with Hull City, with Klopp in regular contact.

"He's fantastic. He's a brilliant manager, isn't he?" he said of Klopp. “He's an even better person and helps me a lot off the pitch as well. He speaks to me a lot and helps.

“Everyone is happy for me. They're all your mates, your team-mates, your family. Everyone is buzzing for me.

“You always feel part of the club. That's what I needed, especially going out on loan twice. That's why I went out on loan again, because I feel it's where I feel most. And I develop knowing I'm a Liverpool football player.

“I think they do it differently, I think it's kind of who you work with well. So mine's Jordan Fairlclough. He's one of the sports scientists. I just bounce off him.

“They kind of let you go with whoever you you mix with. I think that's the best way to do it, really. He's my friend as well so it's just genuine chat. So he's constantly keeping up with me. He can come to the game if he wants. I always call him and he's genuine."
[/article]

[article]Liverpool midfielder Tyler Morton admits his family convinced him to leave Everton.

Morton was a junior player with Everton before making the change.

He said at his England U21 presser, "I played for Everton when I was younger, when I was a kid. I really enjoyed my time to be honest, even though I'm a Red.

“So yeah, I played for Everton when I was younger. I think I was four or five until about seven. It was very young but I still weirdly remember it.

“It kind of got to that decision when you're seven years of age and you pick a team. I picked Liverpool. Yeah (my family are), all Reds. I don't think I had a choice to be honest!

“I'm looking forward to it (playing at Goodison). I'm not a bitter person you see, like a lot of them. I'm excited, really excited.

“Finch Farm is a good training facility and brings back memories as well from when I was younger. It's lovely and I get to see people that I know because I know a few of the Everton lads. It's brilliant for me."
[/article]

Last edited:
Bluebell’s going to explode when he finds out that Morton is our DM “signing” for next season.

[article]Dundee fullback Owen Beck hopes for the chance to prove himself at parent club Liverpool.

Beck scored in Saturday's defeat to Hibs.

"I've spoken to them (Liverpool) regularly and they are happy for me to be here," he said.

"I am playing and improving and those are the main reasons why I am happy.

"Going back to Liverpool (in the summer) won't be easy but if I get the chance then hopefully I can prove myself."

On his first goal, he added: “I'm proud to score my first goal for Dundee," he said.

"It just fell to me and I just had to put it in the net. It was quite an easy finish to be fair. I think after they went down to 10 men I think we showed real team spirit and I don't think you can knock us.

"It is just a matter of us not taking our chances and on the day it just wasn't meant to be. I feel even the games we have lost have been harsh and tight margins. We can turn that around and we will keep pushing. Saturday was a bit of a kick in the teeth and we just need to bounce back."[/article]

I know it's only NI but there's definitely a player there, only turned 21 last month but he looks to have grown so much since the last time we saw him. It's looking like back to back successful loan spells which won't be doing his chances any harm that's for sure.

I know it's only NI but there's definitely a player there, only turned 21 last month but he looks to have grown so much since the last time we saw him. It's looking like back to back successful loan spells which won't be doing his chances any harm that's for sure.

Like it. He's definitely improving. That looked very mature and I like the way he mixes up long and short passes, scoops, chips and grass cutters.

Yeah he's improving, but he has to be dominant in the Championship to even have a chance of making it at LFC.
Harvey was even younger than him when he played for Blackburn and had a good season.

Look at it like this, Morton is 21 years old, you know who else is 21 and plays in midfield for us?
Ryan Gravenberch, so Tyler has a long way to go.

Yeah he's improving, but he has to be dominant in the Championship to even have a chance of making it at LFC.
Harvey was even younger than him when he played for Blackburn and had a good season.

Look at it like this, Morton is 21 years old, you know who else is 21 and plays in midfield for us?
That's true but this is his 2nd loan spell and from Blackburn's fans perspective anyway has done more than enough there for them to think he'll go on to bigger and better things. He could already be on 100 appearances at club level before he next plays a game for us & he'll still be 21 which is great for one of our own. Bringing Grav into it is unfair on Tyler as Grav started league football a lot earlier and was rated as world class potential when Morton was a nobody.

It'll be interesting to hear Blackburn's fans on who they think did the better of the 2 when they were there.

From what I'm seeing of him on the ball, I already prefer him to Jones.

That's true but this is his 2nd loan spell and from Blackburn's fans perspective anyway has done more than enough there for them to think he'll go on to bigger and better things. He could already be on 100 appearances at club level before he next plays a game for us & he'll still be 21 which is great for one of our own. Bringing Grav into it is unfair on Tyler as Grav started league football a lot earlier and was rated as world class potential when Morton was a nobody.

It'll be interesting to hear Blackburn's fans on who they think did the better of the 2 when they were there.

From what I'm seeing of him on the ball, I already prefer him to Jones.

I'd like to see him play for us next season, to see how he'd do. Or a loan move to a premier league side just like whatshisname, the Chelsea player.

Probably the easiest goal he'll ever score, Rotherham aren't very good are they?

Good to see him being given the license to play advanced (very different to the one he played at Blackburn), will be interesting to see what numbers he ends up with.

Yeah, but 21 is still pretty young for a CM - there are exceptions like Gavi and Bellingham, but most don’t reach top level until 23-24, and some even later like Kante. Even the great Pirlo was playing on loan at Brescia at 22. I have plenty of patience for Morton as long as he’s showing consistent progress.

Last edited:
Yeah, but 21 is still pretty young for a CM - there are exceptions like Gavi and Bellingham, but most don’t reach the top level until 23-24, and some even later like Kante. Even the great Pirlo was playing on loan at Brescia at 22. I have plenty of patience for Morton as long as he’s showing consistent progress.

Good examples. I remember reading about Leverkusen's Hofmann last year - his highest no. of starts in Bundesliga was 8 by the time he was 25 yrs old.

Home grown & club trained quota and English premium in transfer fees are challenges that aren't easy to overcome. If Morton can be into a Premier League level player, that's good enough for me. It was just 2 years ago that he had a good showing vs. AC Milan.

I think he is pretty much a certainty to develop into a Premier League level midfielder - surely he will play in the PL next season one way or another. Whether he can be something even more exciting remains to be seen.

Only NI?

Watch yer back wee mon.

Back
Top Bottom