• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch 2023-24

Yeah looks that way.

Hopefully we can get £10-£15m for him - he’s still young and classifies as HG in the UK.

Plus, to be fair, I’d give him a few more games to find his feet.

Hopefully we can get £10-£15m for him - he’s still young and classifies as HG in the UK.

Plus, to be fair, I’d give him a few more games to find his feet.

Left out the Mainz squad yesterday after the 4-0 drubbing they suffered just before the break.

If he goes, it’ll most likely be abroad. £10m max…unless Preston somehow can make it to the Prem then maybe he could reunite with Lowe (some job he’s doing btw).

Not got a hope here, especially now Quansah is ahead of him in the pecking order.

Think it was fairly obvious he wasn't going to make it here but he was very unlucky with injury, if I'm not mistaken, at Schalke and things haven't started off well for him at Mainz.

If things continue in this fashion, we'll struggle to sell him for anything worthwhile.

Left out the Mainz squad yesterday after the 4-0 drubbing they suffered just before the break.

If he goes, it’ll most likely be abroad. £10m max…unless Preston somehow can make it to the Prem then maybe he could reunite with Lowe (some job he’s doing btw).

Not got a hope here, especially now Quansah is ahead of him in the pecking order.

I mean… he probably wishes he was left out of the squad instead of starting, given the pigs arse he made of defending, but I get what you mean.

What?
He started the game.

Think it was fairly obvious he wasn't going to make it here but he was very unlucky with injury, if I'm not mistaken, at Schalke and things haven't started off well for him at Mainz.

If things continue in this fashion, we'll struggle to sell him for anything worthwhile.

He's started the last three games for Mainz, and if he continues to do that we'd at least get a decent amount next summer.
Not expecting more than 5 mill though, ish.

He's started the last three games for Mainz, and if he continues to do that we'd at least get a decent amount next summer.
Not expecting more than 5 mill though, ish.

If he establishes himself at Mainz - surely we’ll get double figures in £m’s for him in today’s market?

Can someone tell Todd Boehly he’s available for £30m, and would love an 8 year contract?

Talking of CBs on loan. Rhys Williams hasn't played for Aberdeen yet. Was really hoping he gets a great loan spell this season as we need to find out in the next year whether he's ready to become an understudy to Matip/Gomez.

What?
He started the game.
Oops my bad, was looking at the wrong team sheet thinking Mainz had played away.

So 7 goals conceded in the last 2 games whilst he's been part of a back 3.....not great.

Talking of CBs on loan. Rhys Williams hasn't played for Aberdeen yet. Was really hoping he gets a great loan spell this season as we need to find out in the next year whether he's ready to become an understudy to Matip/Gomez.

Injured I think.

I think Carvalho played about 30 mins for Leipzig as well. Might have been mentioned before.

Hopefully we can get some decent money for him next summer.

I think Carvalho played about 30 mins for Leipzig as well. Might have been mentioned before.

Hopefully we can get some decent money for him next summer.

Another one for Boehly - though this one will set him back £60m.

In all seriousness - we “should” easily be able to make £50m+ from selling Van den Berg, Carvalho, Morton and one of Ramsey or Bradley if we wanted to.

Chuck in either Kelleher or Pitaluga and you might be looking at £75m+.

Not saying we should - or that we even may need to - but that’s how you make spending another £150m on the defence next season “sustainable”.

Phillips started for celtic but was subbed at half time, I read he was not very good.

Probably needs to take some time to learn the language, understand his teammates and get used to the local culture.

[article]Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that Nat Phillips was substituted at half-time during Celtic's 3-0 rout over Dundee as a precautionary measure.

The towering centre back was handed a Hoops debut after signing on-loan from Liverpool but had to be replaced by Gustaf Lagerbielke at the break, which led to fears he had picked up an injury. However Rodgers revealed he moved quickly to ensure the 26-year-old wouldn't do any more damage to his ankle and wrapped him up ahead of Tuesday night's huge Champions League group stage opener against Feyenoord.

He told BBC Sportsound: "Nat just rolled his ankle right in the last action of the first half so we wanted to just protect him and make sure he's okay and available for Tuesday."[/article]

Last edited:
[article]Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that Nat Phillips was substituted at half-time during Celtic's 3-0 rout over Dundee as a precautionary measure.

The towering centre back was handed a Hoops debut after signing on-loan from Liverpool but had to be replaced by Gustaf Lagerbielke at the break, which led to fears he had picked up an injury. However Rodgers revealed he moved quickly to ensure the 26-year-old wouldn't do any more damage to his ankle and wrapped him up ahead of Tuesday night's huge Champions League group stage opener against Feyenoord.

He told BBC Sportsound: "Nat just rolled his ankle right in the last action of the first half so we wanted to just protect him and make sure he's okay and available for Tuesday."[/article]

Hopefully he is a success there and we actually get a fee for him.
He's only on loan until Jan, right?

Can see him going to a Luton for 2nd half and ends up scoring the winning goal against Everton to send them down.....would go down in history as a bigger legend than Virgil.

He's only on loan until Jan, right?

Can see him going to a Luton for 2nd half and ends up scoring the winning goal against Everton to send them down.....would go down in history as a bigger legend than Virgil.
Yeah, I think it'll be extended. Have a feeling we did it as a precaution. Don't want to wind up in another Kabak/Davies situation.

[article]
Leipzig have hit the ground running, winning seven of their first eight matches across all competitions. However, Carvalho has started just twice and failed to catch the eye in his latest chance against lower league opposition in the German Cup on Wednesday night.

German outlet Kicker ran the rule over Carvalho’s lacklustre display from an advanced position on the left of midfield. Leipzig overcame second tier Wehen Wiesbaden via a 3-2 scoreline, though Carvalho did little to aid their cause.

Kicker’s article stated: “Liverpool loanee Fabio Carvalho still visibly lacked rhythm, commitment and assertiveness in the attacking midfield.

“The 21-year-old Portuguese is nowhere near as advanced as Paris loanee Xavi [Simons], who immediately established himself as a fixture.”

Carvalho and Simons’ fortunes have been polar opposites in their respective loan spells thus far.

Carvalho is yet to register a single goal or assist and is clearly facing an uphill struggle in convincing manager Marco Rose he warrants regular starts.

Simons, meanwhile, has scored three and assisted four at a ratio of a goal contribution every 83 minutes.

Liverpool will hope Carvalho can reverse the current trend and prove his worth in Germany. Failure to do so will see the loan spell come and go without any tangible benefit for either Liverpool or the player.
[/article]

Scottish Naby showing us what happens when you're made of glass. We should sell at the first opportunity
[article]
Manager gives “good news” on Calvin Ramsay injury after Liverpool talks
There is a growing hope that Calvin Ramsay is near a return to fitness, following a recent setback with a knee injury on loan at Preston.
Liverpool right-back Ramsay joined Preston on a season-long loan in June, but is yet to make a competitive appearance for the club.
A fitness blow at the start of August has seen him miss nine games already this season, with North End currently unbeaten in the Championship and a point off top.
Soon after his setback, Preston manager Ryan Lowe confirmed that Ramsay was facing around two months out, with it later explained that he had returned to Liverpool for treatment.
But speaking on Thursday, Lowe revealed that there had been “good news” on the 20-year-old’s fitness and, following talks with his parent club, there is optimism over a return to training “in the next couple of weeks.”
“We’ve had some good news on Calvin. He is at the back stage of his rehab now,” Lowe told the Lancashire Post.
2022-10-31-053-Liverpool_Napoli_MD-1-600x400.jpg

“We are in discussions with Liverpool and hopefully he’ll be back with us in the next couple of weeks.
“We are not going to rush him back but if we can get him back in the building with us in the next couple of weeks, we will.
“Once he’s at the end stage of rehab and passed all the protocols, ticked all the boxes, he’ll then be with us.
“I haven’t got a definite date just yet, just that we’ve had some conversations with them in the last few days and it is looking promising.
“He just had a recurrence in his knee; a bit of a setback but nothing major.
CalvinRamsaykneeinjury-1-600x400.jpg

Ramsay underwent surgery to correct a knee problem in February, which ended his first campaign with Liverpool prematurely – having already arrived with a long-term back injury.
The fact he has suffered a recurrence of that injury could be a concern, but the hope will be that he can now put his issues behind him.
As he continued in his pre-West Brom press conference, Lowe suggested that it had been “too soon” for Ramsay to leave Liverpool on loan.
“I think it was the right thing that Liverpool brought him back to strengthen him up and make sure he’s right,” he added.
“I have spoken to Calvin numerous times and he can’t wait to get back going.
“He was supporting the lads at the Birmingham match and had pre-match with them, so we need to make sure we keep him involved and around the boys.
“Now, when he does come back, he’ll come back fitter and stronger than he was.
“I think it was probably too soon for him to come to us, because he was champing at the bit to get out and stamp his authority down.
“There is no disgrace in that, trying to get into a new club and perform.
“He is still a quality player who will definitely help us when he’s back.”
[/article]

Last edited:
We should sell at the first opportunity

What’s the rush?

Who cares if he stays around for another few years, never making an appearance and leaves for nothing. Don’t think it has any bearing on the club in anyway.

Scottish Naby showing us what happens when you're made of glass. We should sell at the first opportunity
[article]
Manager gives “good news” on Calvin Ramsay injury after Liverpool talks
There is a growing hope that Calvin Ramsay is near a return to fitness, following a recent setback with a knee injury on loan at Preston.
Liverpool right-back Ramsay joined Preston on a season-long loan in June, but is yet to make a competitive appearance for the club.
A fitness blow at the start of August has seen him miss nine games already this season, with North End currently unbeaten in the Championship and a point off top.
Soon after his setback, Preston manager Ryan Lowe confirmed that Ramsay was facing around two months out, with it later explained that he had returned to Liverpool for treatment.
But speaking on Thursday, Lowe revealed that there had been “good news” on the 20-year-old’s fitness and, following talks with his parent club, there is optimism over a return to training “in the next couple of weeks.”
“We’ve had some good news on Calvin. He is at the back stage of his rehab now,” Lowe told the Lancashire Post.
2022-10-31-053-Liverpool_Napoli_MD-1-600x400.jpg

“We are in discussions with Liverpool and hopefully he’ll be back with us in the next couple of weeks.
“We are not going to rush him back but if we can get him back in the building with us in the next couple of weeks, we will.
“Once he’s at the end stage of rehab and passed all the protocols, ticked all the boxes, he’ll then be with us.
“I haven’t got a definite date just yet, just that we’ve had some conversations with them in the last few days and it is looking promising.
“He just had a recurrence in his knee; a bit of a setback but nothing major.
CalvinRamsaykneeinjury-1-600x400.jpg

Ramsay underwent surgery to correct a knee problem in February, which ended his first campaign with Liverpool prematurely – having already arrived with a long-term back injury.
The fact he has suffered a recurrence of that injury could be a concern, but the hope will be that he can now put his issues behind him.
As he continued in his pre-West Brom press conference, Lowe suggested that it had been “too soon” for Ramsay to leave Liverpool on loan.
“I think it was the right thing that Liverpool brought him back to strengthen him up and make sure he’s right,” he added.
“I have spoken to Calvin numerous times and he can’t wait to get back going.
“He was supporting the lads at the Birmingham match and had pre-match with them, so we need to make sure we keep him involved and around the boys.
“Now, when he does come back, he’ll come back fitter and stronger than he was.
“I think it was probably too soon for him to come to us, because he was champing at the bit to get out and stamp his authority down.
“There is no disgrace in that, trying to get into a new club and perform.
“He is still a quality player who will definitely help us when he’s back.”
[/article]
Poor lad. I had (have) high hopes for him.

Back
Top Bottom