• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch 2023-24

This makes no fucking sense at all. Beck was having a great loan spell at Dundee. He played every game. He played 90 minutes of every game. He was their player of the season so far and it was a terrific loan for his development. We have absolutely no evidence either that Beck is a bit shit either unless you're holding out some stellar piece of evidence. Bradley had a very similar loan spell at league 1 Bolton last season, and it was great for loan club and loanee.
Well what player do you know that's gone out on loan to the SPL has turned out to be a good player and had a good career in a top league nevermind a club like Liverpool?

Playing at Bolton is about 50 levels above playing for Dundee. Bradley was there at 19, Beck was at Dundee at 21. If the SPL is the best we can find then you can kiss goodbye any chance of being a long term squad player for LFC.

Andy Robertson was playing at Dundee Utd aged 21. OK he wasn't on loan, but top quality players can be nurtured there. And league 1 isn't 50 levels above the Scottish premiership, behave yourself.

It's better than league 1. Not massively. But certainly better.
Yeah I kinda have to agree with you Mac, I've seen a few Wrexham games and they just played a league one team in the cup and beat them.
I saw the game and level is not higher than the SPL, far from it.

Rangers just topped their Europa league section (a much tougher section than ours) and they're not pummelling their opposition every week in the SPL. It's clearly a better league than league 1.

NEWSRhys Williams completes loan move to Port Vale​

rhys-williams-lfc-150124.webp

PUBLISHED 4 HOURS AGO
By Glenn Price

Liverpool defender Rhys Williams has joined Port Vale on loan until the end of the season.
The 22-year-old will spend the remainder of the 2023-24 campaign with the League One side after finalising his temporary switch on Tuesday.
Williams has made 19 senior appearances for Liverpool – all of which came in 2020-21 as he helped Jürgen Klopp's Reds secure Champions League qualification – after joining the club's Academy system at U10 level.
The centre-half has previously had loan spells at Aberdeen, Blackpool, Swansea City and Kidderminster Harriers, and will now continue his development at Vale Park under the management of Andy Crosby.
Port Vale currently sit 15th in League One and are next in action on Saturday at home to Wycombe Wanderers.

We're delighted to have extended Luke Hewitson's loan from Liverpool until the end of the season!

The 19-year-old keeper has made 28 appearances for Celtic this season and has impressed with a number of top performances and saves.

Having initially joined on a loan deal until January, Luke will now remain with Celtic for the rest of the season.

After signing his loan extension, Luke told us: “I’m delighted to have extended my loan until the end of the season. It was a no brainer given the quality of the players we have in the squad and we’re ready to go on a charge with the last 14 or so games. I hope to be able to contribute to the success of getting this club back where it belongs.”

Manager James Kinsey added: “Luke has been brilliant since coming in. There’s areas of his game that are there to be worked on but he is always fully involved in the group.

“His application is brilliant and some of the saves he has made this year have made a real difference.

“We’re delighted to have him with us for the rest of the season.”

The Club would like to thank Liverpool for their assistance and for allowing Luke to continue his development at Celtic.

Great to have you with us, Luke!

yeah I totally missed the tweet since it's blocked on my work computer

Last edited:
Checked out Dundee's fan forum and they're praying that Robertson recovers so Liverpool send their player of the season back on loan.
Sounds like a pretty successful loan to me.

Sure, he hasn't been nominated for the Balon d'or but still you can't win them all.

So he’s being fucked off back to us as well?

Had hopes for him as he looked an absolute unit - but he’s really done poorly in the last few years.

Something not right there - wonder what happened.

I remember a time when the SCM experts told us he was too slow to make it.

A young CB that can play at FB and is 6ft 4in playing regularly in one of Europes top leagues.

Bluebell would be all over us signing him if we hadn’t already done that.

He’ll either save us a bit of money or make us a bit of money we can use to another signing - 2 years left on his contract and classified as Home Grown in the UK.

SCM expert here, I question that list because Maxence Lacroix is probably the fastest CB in Germany and he doesn't even make the list.
It's almost as if stats don't tell the full story, wouldn't surprise me if Virgil didn't make the top 5 quickest CB's in the Prem (even though we all know he is #1)....because he rarely needs to bust into a full sprint to recover a lost ball & those speeds would've all been clocked at one moment over the season so far.

Besides being 15th for most distance covered for a CB doesn't exactly sound convincing to me.

I remember watching van den Berg at Preston and thinking he was actually pretty quick. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he was at least as quick as someone like Quansah.

I remember watching van den Berg at Preston and thinking he was actually pretty quick. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he was at least as quick as someone like Quansah.
Yeah and I think playing as a right back for Preston helped. He has performed alot better since Mainz fired their previous manager and they are better defensively.

Luke Chambers joined them on loan last season.

Kilmarnock Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of James Balagizi.

The box-to-box creative midfielder joins on a loan deal from Liverpool until the end of the season, pending clearance.

Balagizi, a 20-year-old academy product is a highly-rated starlet at the Anfield club.

He’s had ties with their academy since the age of six, before a short stint at Manchester City.

He then signed with Liverpool aged 10 and has been with the Merseyside club ever since.

Balagizi is capped with England all the way through from Under 16’s to Under 20’s and he’s had loan spells with Crawley Town and Wigan Athletic.

Speaking to the official website, Balagizi said: “I’m really excited to get the deal done, I am happy with the project at the club and excited to get things going.

“The manager did well at convincing me to come, hearing the plan that he’s got.

“The team is building something really exciting for the fans and for the club itself, so to come here and hopefully add to that is part of my plan.”

He continued: “Fans can expect an exciting player, I work hard on and off the ball and always look to make things happen.

“Creativity is my main thing, I play box-to-box and aim to get fans off their seats.”

Last edited:
Increasingly more loan moves to Scotland in recent seasons.

Aberdeen - Clarkson, Williams
Celtic - Phillips
Dundee - Beck
Kilmarnock - Chambers, Balagizi
Livingston - Lewis

Honestly, it doesn't bode well for those players. It's a shopping window move.

From side ranked 20th in Segunda Division (last start was in 1 Oct 2023) to side ranked 11th

Increasingly more loan moves to Scotland in recent seasons.

Aberdeen - Clarkson, Williams
Celtic - Phillips
Dundee - Beck
Kilmarnock - Chambers, Balagizi
Livingston - Lewis

There’s fuck all money in Scotland outside of the Old Firm, but the standard isn’t any worse than the championship and the Ild Firm could be considered Premier League standard.

That lack of money likely means more teams are looking for good youngsters on loan and they’re more likely to get a game.

Plus relegation isn’t as much of a fear - it’s 1 down plus 1 in a playoff from a league of 13 and there isn’t as much of a financial drop if you do go down.

I can see it becoming a feeder league for us.

There’s fuck all money in Scotland outside of the Old Firm, but the standard isn’t any worse than the championship and the Ild Firm could be considered Premier League standard.

That lack of money likely means more teams are looking for good youngsters on loan and they’re more likely to get a game.

Plus relegation isn’t as much of a fear - it’s 1 down plus 1 in a playoff from a league of 13 and there isn’t as much of a financial drop if you do go down.

I can see it becoming a feeder league for us.
Not worse than the Championship? It's MILES behind. The Championship has many teams at least as good as Celtic and Rangers and has tough games week in week out - the SPL has about 4 of them per season.

Not worse than the Championship? It's MILES behind. The Championship has many teams at least as good as Celtic and Rangers and has tough games week in week out - the SPL has about 4 of them per season.

Sorry mate, I don’t think that’s true - Rangers and Celtic are Premiership mid table strength teams - even this season a shite Rangers team topped their Europa League Group.

The rest of the teams are shite.

Back
Top Bottom