• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch 2023-24

I thought Pitaluga was supposed to be good - what’s he doing going on loan to St Pat’s?

I was just about to ask the same, why is he being loaned out to shitty teams?

Is it really worth sending Pitaluga to St Pat's for fuck sake? What sort of a loan is that?! We couldn't find a decent club locally?

This lad is highly rated and supposedly going to take over from Kelleher as #2

Quansah was loaned to Bristol Rovers, playing under Joey Barton in League One last season.

Guess cos' it's halfway into a season, not many teams have "openings" for the goalie spot, thus the choice of Irish league - which begins next month (+ we loaned Jaros to St Patrick's before). His previous loan was to non-League side Macclesfield, so it's still a step up I guess.

[article]St Patrick’s Athletic boss Jon Daly is confident that their new loan signing from Liverpool, Brazilian keeper Marcelo Pitaluga, will make an immediate impact at Richmond Park.

The Saints were in the market for a goalkeeper as last year’s number 1 Dean Lyness indicated that he was keen to return home to Britain.

After monitoring Pitaluga for some time, the club have agreed a season-long loan deal with the Reds.

The 21-year-old has yet to play first team football for the Reds but Pat’s hope that he can make an impact similar to that of their last loanee from Anfield, Vitezslav Jaros who helped them win the FAI Cup in 2021 and was also voted as goalkeeper of the year by the Soccer Writers Association of Ireland.

"We're really pleased to welcome Marcelo to the club and are looking forward to working with him. He is an excellent young goalkeeper, who we feel will improve our squad,” says Daly as Pitaluga became his sixth signing.

“Marcelo is someone who we've been monitoring for quite a while, we have met with him a number of times and been over to watch him train and play.

"He's coming from one of the biggest clubs in the world and has been training and playing at a really high level, we're looking forward to getting him involved with the team and helping him settle into the group ahead of the new season."

Pitaluga says he has already done his homework on his new club.

“It feels amazing to have joined St Pat's, it's going to be a really big season and I can't wait,” he said.

"The Liverpool goalkeeper coach spoke to me about the possibility a few weeks ago, I heard many good things about St Patrick's and the League of Ireland from Vitezslav Jaros and also spoke to Jon (Daly) and PJ (Pat Jennings), I think it will be really good for my career so I decided to come here.

"Vite had many great things to say about the club and about the fans, the staff here, Pat Jennings is still here which is absolutely fantastic for me also.

“I watched clips of St Pat's online and I watched the FAI Cup final too which looked like an unbelievable experience for everyone, that played a part in my decision too so I'm looking forward to starting the season."
[/article]

They’d be as well sending him to Larne to help in their push to retain the Norn Uron title.

Quansah was loaned to Bristol Rovers, playing under Joey Barton in League One last season.

Guess cos' it's halfway into a season, not many teams have "openings" for the goalie spot, thus the choice of Irish league - which begins next month (+ we loaned Jaros to St Patrick's before). His previous loan was to non-League side Macclesfield, so it's still a step up I guess.

[article]St Patrick’s Athletic boss Jon Daly is confident that their new loan signing from Liverpool, Brazilian keeper Marcelo Pitaluga, will make an immediate impact at Richmond Park.

The Saints were in the market for a goalkeeper as last year’s number 1 Dean Lyness indicated that he was keen to return home to Britain.

After monitoring Pitaluga for some time, the club have agreed a season-long loan deal with the Reds.

The 21-year-old has yet to play first team football for the Reds but Pat’s hope that he can make an impact similar to that of their last loanee from Anfield, Vitezslav Jaros who helped them win the FAI Cup in 2021 and was also voted as goalkeeper of the year by the Soccer Writers Association of Ireland.

"We're really pleased to welcome Marcelo to the club and are looking forward to working with him. He is an excellent young goalkeeper, who we feel will improve our squad,” says Daly as Pitaluga became his sixth signing.

“Marcelo is someone who we've been monitoring for quite a while, we have met with him a number of times and been over to watch him train and play.

"He's coming from one of the biggest clubs in the world and has been training and playing at a really high level, we're looking forward to getting him involved with the team and helping him settle into the group ahead of the new season."

Pitaluga says he has already done his homework on his new club.

“It feels amazing to have joined St Pat's, it's going to be a really big season and I can't wait,” he said.

"The Liverpool goalkeeper coach spoke to me about the possibility a few weeks ago, I heard many good things about St Patrick's and the League of Ireland from Vitezslav Jaros and also spoke to Jon (Daly) and PJ (Pat Jennings), I think it will be really good for my career so I decided to come here.

"Vite had many great things to say about the club and about the fans, the staff here, Pat Jennings is still here which is absolutely fantastic for me also.

“I watched clips of St Pat's online and I watched the FAI Cup final too which looked like an unbelievable experience for everyone, that played a part in my decision too so I'm looking forward to starting the season."
[/article]

Tyler Morton: Hull City midfielder has Sheffield Wednesday red card overturned

[article]Hull City midfielder Tyler Morton has had his red card from Monday's defeat at Sheffield Wednesday overturned, following a successful appeal.

The 21-year-old was dismissed by referee Darren Bond for a foul on Wednesday's Djeidi Gassama 10 minutes before half-time.

Hull went on to concede three goals in the second half.

The decision means Morton will be available for Hull's third-round FA Cup tie against Birmingham on Saturday.[/article]

I watched the Hull v Norwich game last night, partly to check on our loanees Carvalho and Morton, and with the added benefit of running eyes over our cup opponents, Norwich.

Fabio was like we remember. Skilful, regularly involved, but a bit lightweight. He did create and combine to create chances. Morton, however, despite being on the losing side was a much more impressive watch. He's not a tackler, and fell off their scorer as he ran through the Hull defence. Other than that, particularly in the second half as Hull pushed for a goal, Morton's range of passing and confidence in the pass was extremely impressive. He also scored a late goal. His passing into the box was regularly dangerous and inventive. I was watching him wondering why we needed to buy Gravy.

Norwich won, but were fucking shite. Hull had them on the back foot for most of the game and they created very little, but were much more clinical than Hull.

Liverpool loanee Billy Koumetio could be on the verge of a surprise return to the club.

The 21-year-old secured a loan move to Ligue 2 side USL Dunkerque in the summer.

However, he has not trained recently, despite starting eight games so far this term.

According to La Voix Du Nord, Koumetio is not with the first team squad.

There is speculation that he may be lined up for a return to the Anfield club instead.

I watched the Hull v Norwich game last night, partly to check on our loanees Carvalho and Morton, and with the added benefit of running eyes over our cup opponents, Norwich.

Fabio was like we remember. Skilful, regularly involved, but a bit lightweight. He did create and combine to create chances. Morton, however, despite being on the losing side was a much more impressive watch. He's not a tackler, and fell off their scorer as he ran through the Hull defence. Other than that, particularly in the second half as Hull pushed for a goal, Morton's range of passing and confidence in the pass was extremely impressive. He also scored a late goal. His passing into the box was regularly dangerous and inventive. I was watching him wondering why we needed to buy Gravy.

Norwich won, but were fucking shite. Hull had them on the back foot for most of the game and they created very little, but were much more clinical than Hull.
Can he run with he ball like Gravy does though ?, I do get why you would wonder why we signed Gravy, but I think the guy is going to take time to find his place in this team. I think we urgently need a player in that midfield who has an engine on him enough to provide backup for Szobo or to give Szobo time-out from the game when necessary, and that player has to be cover for Endo as well with an ability to play a more competent role in the 6 than the others we have. .... And Yes - I do want Manu Kone.

Imagine the meltdown on here if we had just kept Morton instead. Would probably have been worth doing just for the laughs.

Oh don’t worry - we’ll get a chance again in the summer when we don’t sign any of the players the crazies have been screeching about for years and instead go with Morton.

It being Klopp, if he’s in a trolling mood, he’ll be offering Thiago an extension.

Then we’ll see some fireworks.

Can he run with he ball like Gravy does though ?, I do get why you would wonder why we signed Gravy, but I think the guy is going to take time to find his place in this team. I think we urgently need a player in that midfield who has an engine on him enough to provide backup for Szobo or to give Szobo time-out from the game when necessary, and that player has to be cover for Endo as well with an ability to play a more competent role in the 6 than the others we have. .... And Yes - I do want Manu Kone.
Grav was signed for his potential, it doesn't take Mr fucking cleverclogs to work that one out.

Problem you have now in modern football is you have these thick, narrow minded, impatient fans that think the only way a club should run and conduct it's business.......is how they think a club should run and conduct it's business, these guys would probably struggle to run an ice cream truck business. It doesn't help aswell when you have platforms like twitter that let these fucking halfwits spew their bile for their thousands of followers to see.

Last edited:
Are we a bit shit with finding the right clubs for our loan players, or are our players shit?

That's like 5 who have come back early

Are we a bit shit with finding the right clubs for our loan players, or are our players shit?

Bit of both...

Carvalho is not a bad player but sending him to Leipzig, a very good team who develop "their own" youngsters was a very odd move.

A lot of our other kids are just not that good.

simpsons-column.gif

Rhys - shit.
Nat - shit.
Fabio - our fault.
Koumetio - shit
Ramsay - blighted by injuries since he got there so he's been unlucky.
Beck - probably a bit of both.

Balagizi as well
Saw some clips of him for our u21s few years ago before he got his first loan move, looked full of promise.....but he's probably league 1 level right now. Might go on to play a few seasons in the championship too, another Brannagan/Ejaria type career.

Beck - probably a bit of both.
This makes no fucking sense at all. Beck was having a great loan spell at Dundee. He played every game. He played 90 minutes of every game. He was their player of the season so far and it was a terrific loan for his development. We have absolutely no evidence either that Beck is a bit shit either unless you're holding out some stellar piece of evidence. Bradley had a very similar loan spell at league 1 Bolton last season, and it was great for loan club and loanee.

Back
Top Bottom