• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Southampton - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Robbo --> AOC in good position --> fuck up is the only thing really angering me about this half.

Jesus, this isn't good

Ox is a different player out of possession- absolutely ass

Very entertaining match, but not great from our point of view at all.

Individual errors really costing us possession, lucky not to have cost us a goal that first half.

This is what idiotic lapses of concentration do against a decent counter attacking team. We're lucky not to be behind, and AOC is the most to blame.

The midfield was gash , offered zero support to the back line

We really need better than ox when we're in a real game like this

Thats probably the worst half of football weve played in the league this season. Astonishing decision making from Firmino, Gomez and Ox. We look really sloppy here. 2 week break cant come soon enough.

Whenever Wijnaldum is involved in a counter attack and ball lands on his feet in and around the 18 yard box, rest assure chance will go begging. And we are worried we are going to lose him this summer? Firmino is looking for new challenge it seems and our defence is adamant to see Alisson earned his clean sheet. Southampton had defended extremely well and shut Salah off quite well indeed. I think this game is begging for someone who could take the ball in the middle of the park and dribble forward to thread a good pass for our strikers/forwards, Wijnaldum isn't one unfortunately.

And Robbo in worst patch of form of my two years, in my opinion. Hopefully, that will be a reverse jinx.

Yeah, but I can let him off - he just looks jaded to me. We should have been able to keep him fresher but have no adequate replacement.

AOC on the other hand - he's taking the exact right positions to receive the ball and then he's sabotaging everything with stupid touches. He's bright and has a good first touch but he's not playing like it.

The midfield was gash , offered zero support to the back line

We really need better than ox when we're in a real game like this

Ox had his pocket picked in a very dangerous position but Firmino played a 30 yard defence splitting pass to Ings when we were trying to push out. Some of this has been car crash bad.

Yeah, but I can let him off - he just looks jaded to me. We should have been able to keep him fresher but have no adequate replacement.

AOC on the other hand - he's taking the exact right positions to receive the ball and then he's sabotaging everything with stupid touches. He's bright and has a good first touch but he's not playing like it.

Don't disagree with any of that

Oxlade is not a left winger and I feel origi would do a better job even though he also is not a left winger.
He's not a midfielder either. Right now he's just a player with a certain skill set that can't be applied anywhere in our team. It's not helping that he's playing on the left side either.

Ings playing very well,It seems that he is out to show Liverpool what they are missing had he been given a real chance with us...
He and Long are creating real trouble for the CB's, which is what Long does...

Both Gini and Henderson had chance, Gini unable to use his left foot (Always wonder why player don't work harder at using the foot they don't normally use) and Henderson (23 min) waited to long before trying to shot, and enfact should squared the ball out right...

Ox playing better than expected...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom