• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manchester United (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And United's threat up front is from their speed. I'd rather have Gomez to counter that.
Gomez is a no brainer. If anything, if Klopp is worried about their speed with Rashford on the left, he will play Gomez there and Matip as the CB. But very unlikely and unnecessary.

I think the only change should be Fabinho (if fit) in for AOC.

Trent is going to need inside cover from Hendo to deal with Rashford cutting in. I'm not confident either Lallana or Ox would provide it.

We need to use the squad we have.

Hendo Gini defo need rests, they both looked really poor today. Gomez looked leggy, good time for Matip to come in.

It feels like any side we put out will win anyway so it's no big deal :D

to be fair, Gomez has played himself into good form and doesn’t warrant dropping, it is also the one position where Klopp has allowed the player in form and in the team to keep his position.

United’s main strength, if they have one, is they have good pace on the counter attack. Keeping Gomez in is a safer move IMO.

Well I'm a fan of rotation, I think the lack of it this season it what caused us to pick up a lot of injuries in the first place.

Alisson came back straight away after a 6 weeks out despite Adrian doing well up until then, Also Matip never put a foot wrong before getting injured.

I like rotation too, it does reduce injury and is good for team spirit when numerous players feel involved.

even if you consider the amount of slagging that players like Hendo and Lallana have received etc... Lovren our fourth choice centre back etc etc....

ALL of em when asked to step in and play have done just that and moreover done well as they did so...

it’s true to say that not one single player we’ve seen in a red shirt has deserved “dropping” all of em have been fully engaged.

I do not mind the rotation, but Gomez’s pace will be useful.

The fact that it’s the fucking mancs... who rely on pace.... yadda yadda yadda...

the fact is if we fucking win... fuck man.... that trophy is getting closer... I’m gonna be on the other side of the fucking world... I had a Christmas pint with an old old mate of mine when back home and he was telling me he drove to Liverpool from Leeds to see big ears arriving with his eldest... 16 year old son... said his son said it was the greatest day of his life....

I’m 46 years old... I was 16 when we last won it...

fuck it... I’m gonna be working... and even if I could wangle time off... 2000$... but then... 30 fucking years... fuuuuuuuuck.

ps...

apologies for train of thought vomit... watching till 230am is a fucker sometimes...

I just want us to fucking win it.

I like rotation too, it does reduce injury and is good for team spirit when numerous players feel involved.

even if you consider the amount of slagging that players like Hendo and Lallana have received etc... Lovren our fourth choice centre back etc etc....

ALL of em when asked to step in and play have done just that and moreover done well as they did so...

it’s true to say that not one single player we’ve seen in a red shirt has deserved “dropping” all of em have been fully engaged.

I do not mind the rotation, but Gomez’s pace will be useful.

The fact that it’s the fucking mancs... who rely on pace.... yadda yadda yadda...

the fact is if we fucking win... fuck man.... that trophy is getting closer... I’m gonna be on the other side of the fucking world... I had a Christmas pint with an old old mate of mine when back home and he was telling me he drove to Liverpool from Leeds to see big ears arriving with his eldest... 16 year old son... said his son said it was the greatest day of his life....

I’m 46 years old... I was 16 when we last won it...

fuck it... I’m gonna be working... and even if I could wangle time off... 2000$... but then... 30 fucking years... fuuuuuuuuck.

ps...

apologies for train of thought vomit... watching till 230am is a fucker sometimes...

I just want us to fucking win it.

It’s gonna cost me 10k and I’m coming home for it,

The only change from this weekend Id consider is Wjinaldum. He looked absolutely spent in the second half, but Im sure Klopp will monitor his recovery and stamina in training this week before making a call. Hes a great player in high tempo games like Utd but he may need a break. If he can hold on another week Im sure Klopp will be happy to rotate Fabinho back in and give him a break v Wolves.

Same as today for me.
Personally I wouldn't start Ox. He gave away a lot of possession last week and did the same again yesterday, he was pretty anonymous for long periods. Lallana was much better and helped us regain control when he came on. I still want to see MM for 70 mins+ though !

The only change from this weekend Id consider is Wjinaldum. He looked absolutely spent in the second half, but Im sure Klopp will monitor his recovery and stamina in training this week before making a call. Hes a great player in high tempo games like Utd but he may need a break. If he can hold on another week Im sure Klopp will be happy to rotate Fabinho back in and give him a break v Wolves.

He is another that has to play imo.

This game is to early for Fabinho, but he should make the bench.
Will be the same team as yesterday, bar maybe Lallana for Ox.
At least there is a case for that after the Everton game and a very good sub apperance yesterday.

Not a chance he’s a must for a game like this.

We have a week off. Same squad again but I’d play Lallana. Keep losing the ball and they’ll look to counter so Gini is a must.
They’re bang average and they’ll be shattered as wolves will be a tough game.
3-1

Man United have been a bogey team. Rashford has a habit of scoring against us. I would be grateful for 1-0 win.

Man United have been a bogey team. Rashford has a habit of scoring against us. I would be grateful for 1-0 win.
That's mainly because we have recently played the fixture not the team in front of us. Last season was weird especially our inability to take advantage of those three forced substitutions.

Wolves away will be tougher than this. Not that I fear losing to wolves, but they’re very well drilled and it won’t be easy to score. Could easily be a nil nil.

Wolves away will be tougher than this. Not that I fear losing to wolves, but they’re very well drilled and it won’t be easy to score. Could easily be a nil nil.
Wolves are not playing well at the moment. A draw at home against a very depleted Newcastle and even Nunez said they looked way off the pace. Hope it stays that way until after our game.

United are the only team to take points off us, and have done so against a number of the bigger teams. This will be a tough game.

The players will have a week off, so I expect the same team as spurs.

People will say it will be another comfortable win, just let like the game at o/t which was meant to be a walkover.

Last edited:
They seem to always raise their game against us. We need one of those games where everything goes our way again, like the Leicester away game. I want us to really embarrass them.

Not sure they raise their game, but somehow they manage to ruin our.

The 'ol form goes out of the window cliche applies here more than it does in our actual derby game.

They'll be pumped up to take points off us and can hurt us on the counter (we didn't look too comfortable dealing with the likes of Moura against Spurs) so ya never know.

I'd love it if we dished our a proper thrashing though. It's almost certainly what will be awaiting them in the next game at City as well.

Allison, TAA, Gomez, VDV, Robertson, Gini, Henderson, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Gini has to start for me. The only real question is who takes that last midfield spot. Lallana, if we're being fair, is in better form.

Think they'll set up similar to Spurs and play as direct as possible, looking to rattle and exploit the right side of our defence.

I wouldn't mind putting Matip straight back providing he's ready. Gomez looked rattled against Spurs and didn't cope with the pace or directness of Spurs.

Lallana also looked in better form than Chamberlain. The rest picks itself.

As said, they're capable of doing damage on the counter attack but I reckon we could destroy them if we're on it at the sharp end.

Wolves will tire them out hopefully...as long as we are professional and don't underestimate United we will win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom