• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Manure (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I guess I have take on the pessimist role here and say that Cavani and Rashford are going to destroy our CB's.
Doesn't matter who plays. We just don't have the speed to cope with Rashford especially.
We were damn lucky that Ings didn't play against us.

Yeah, I guess I have take on the pessimist role here and say that Cavani and Rashford are going to destroy our CB's.
Doesn't matter who plays. We just don't have the speed to cope with Rashford especially.

That's not pessimism, it's realistic.

Problem is we need to push forward for a win, and they know that. Can sit back and counter attack, as they like to do.

Phillips and Rhys on the half way line can't deal with the speeds of Rashford.

If we defend deeper, I doubt either one of them could deal with the intelligent sharp movement of Cavani.

We're in a bit of a quandary here.

Not helped by the fact we tried to be Mr Nice Guy and postpone the game, only for United to then turn around and suggest they'll play a weakened, rotated team against Leicester.

If we had our strongest side, I wouldn't care. But as we don't, so this feels quite annoying.

Problem is we need to push forward for a win, and they know that. Can sit back and counter attack, as they like to do.

If we defend deeper, I doubt either one of them could deal with the intelligent sharp movement of Cavani.

Not helped by the fact we tried to be Mr Nice Guy and postpone the game, only for United to then turn around and suggest they'll play a weakened, rotated team against Leicester.

If we had our strongest side, I wouldn't care. But as we don't, so this feels quite annoying.
Only way we beat them in my opinion is a classic Houllier style smash and grab.
Bore them to death and snatch a goal.
But that isn't Klopp's style. He comes to play, even if it's Real M away.

It’ll be the same ol turgid shite from us. Hopeful crosses from Trent and then getting caught on the break. We will get spanked. I’d be surprised if we even register a handful of shots.

Definitely full strength for them on Thursday then

149fcee51b98482071f012e1bce41b9a.jpg

Fucking hell, they played two days ago, of course he's going to rest players. Klopp would have done exactly the same thing.
Man U ain't winning no damn title...

And this is why the game against us should’ve been forfeited. Instead they’re forfeiting a different match.
Exactly.

So now Leicester benefit from a cancelled match that's put us out and means we'll have even less recovery time after United play their full strength team against us.

And this is why the game against us should’ve been forfeited. Instead they’re forfeiting a different match.
Of course, but the PL were never going to cancel a big game like that, so it is what it is. Can't blame Ole for playing his backups now.

They should’ve punished them. It is us being punished.
I know. It's fucking annoying, but if we managed to get 4 points against Newcastle and Leeds we wouldn't even have to beat Man U.
I don't mean to be obtuse but I'm in a place where I just can't see past our prior performances in this tragic season.
Curse Everton.

Of course, but the PL were never going to cancel a big game like that, so it is what it is. Can't blame Ole for playing his backups now.

When they failed to do so they broke their own rules. We could and should have demanded that they stick to those rules. They'd do the same to us if we broke them.

When they failed to do so they broke their own rules. We could and should have demanded that they stick to those rules. They'd do the same to us if we broke them.
Money talks nowadays.
For instance, and I mean no offence to anyone, if Heysel happened today, we would never be suspended from European football for 6 years.

No chance whatsoever that Rhys starts this game. Phillips and Fabs will be the CBs if Kabak isn't fit (which now seems highly likely).

No chance whatsoever that Rhys starts this game. Phillips and Fabs will be the CBs if Kabak isn't fit (which now seems highly likely).
Absolutely right and it will leave a huge gap in midfield which will suit Pogba and Bruno just fine.

I know. It's fucking annoying, but if we managed to get 4 points against Newcastle and Leeds we wouldn't even have to beat Man U.
I don't mean to be obtuse but I'm in a place where I just can't see past our prior performances in this tragic season.
Curse Everton.

There is no point being pissed by those games. They have been and gone. We can be pissed at the premier league for these games that are yet to be played. They couldn’t realistically put our game in, didn’t apply the rules (if they’re to be believed) and consequently we are fucked over.

It's not the PL's fault that we are not going to qualify. It's not the scum's fault that we are not going to qualify.
We lost six consecutive home games in January and February. Six matches that played out largely the same way with nary a reaction. We're not qualifying because we were and continue to be shit.

The PL was in a bit of a bind, the only big fixture remaining this season the TV rights holders would have been seriously pissed if it was cancelled. Add to that there have been multiple game cancelled and hastily reorganized this season due to covid and it would look foolish to say other games can be rescheduled at 48 hours notice but this game had to be abandoned completely. They also wouldn't have wanted the demonstration to achieve its goal and win by forcing the fixture to be abandoned.

Our task remains the same go to Old Trafford and beat them, thats all there is to it. All we can do is win our remaining games and see where we end up.

There’s an obvious tweak to be made for the Utd game... play a sweeper alongside Nat and Rhys. That way, they can be proactive and play a high enough line knowing there’s some potential cover and pace behind them for the inevitable counter attack.

It also means Fabinho can play in front of them in his best position.

I’d play Gini as sweeper. He’s played as part of a back three before and has intelligence. He’s also not going to so missed in midfield right now given our options.

I'd be extremely vary of trying something that we've never done before in a game like this. Thats a recipe for disaster.

There’s an obvious tweak to be made for the Utd game... play a sweeper alongside Nat and Rhys. That way, they can be proactive and play a high enough line knowing there’s some potential cover and pace behind them for the inevitable counter attack.

It also means Fabinho can play in front of them in his best position.

I’d play Gini as sweeper. He’s played as part of a back three before and has intelligence. He’s also not going to so missed in midfield right now given our options.
Maybe I'm a bit dumb, but aren't the advantages of playing a high line completely nullified by playing a sweeper behind that high line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom