• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mario Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell him in January, he really is a waste of space. I'd rather Borini up front and that's saying something.

He's still getting no service, but he was really poor today. Couple of really bad misses. Hoping he gets partnered with Sturridge at some point and sorts himself out.

I actually think he was better today, was making the right runs, got in behind once or twice, and was denied three taps in, one by himself, the other two by own goals. Still not good enough don't get me wrong, but little signs of improvement, he needs to cut out those stupid selfish moments though.

He's looking like Mario Heskeytelli or Mario Baloteskey right now. The (very tenuous) positive is that he actually got into the box to miss the two glaring chances he got

Which, on the evidence, was a poor choice on their parts.
I was being sarcastic with the original comment, but I think if Borini or Lambert is the one receiving the pass instead, the defenders are a lot more hesitant to take such decisive action.

The goals will come, especially as games open up.

He's looking like Mario Heskeytelli or Mario Baloteskey right now. The (very tenuous) positive is that he actually got into the box to miss the two glaring chances he got

Fuck off. Balotelli makes Heskey look like Messi

I doesn't matter that he's not Suarez

The minimum level for a striker is to:
  • Finish the tap in's
  • Be able to play the ball to teammates in dangerous areas when appropriate not just be a greedy cunt
  • Shoot with reasonable accuracy at least some of the time
  • Hold the ball up the odd time
Optional:
  • Work your balls off

None of that today, his highlights were playing a ball to Gerrard and almost playing a though ball to Sterling.

When I used to watch Cisse I never once thought he would score when he was one on one or lining up a shot. Had that same feeling with Balotelli today. He was gash, utter gash. At least Cisse cared and tried.

When I used to watch Cisse I never once thought he would score when he was one on one or lining up a shot. Had that same feeling with Balotelli today. He was gash, utter gash. At least Cisse cared and tried.
Hard to say that Mario doesn't care though, he was visibly frustrated after missing that chance to put us up by two.

I think the only way he could become good for us at the moment is, in all seriousness, if he realizes he's mediocre to the bone, put his head down, stay on his feet, give 100% and only try to play it simple. That's the only way at the moment. Because if he won't, than before long we won't be able to see his face without getting pissed off.

I was being sarcastic with the original comment, but I think if Borini or Lambert is the one receiving the pass instead, the defenders are a lot more hesitant to take such decisive action.

The goals will come, especially as games open up.
I'd say in both those cases the defenders had to put a foot on the ball no matter who is back there. They just messed up.

I've just realised that I agree, and I despised Cisse. God that's depressing

He's fucking garbage and completely at odds with everything that was good with us last season - ie, pace, intelligence, workrate. He has none of those traits.

Works for Gerrard right now.

Gerrard's at the wrong end of his career, so the try-hard controversial posting is dead good, as always. You know, the same player who carried us for years. It's not exactly the greatest example, is it?

Gerrard's at the wrong end of his career, so the try-hard controversial posting is dead good, as always. You know, the same player who carried us for years. It's not exactly the greatest example, is it?
He asked a question, I gave a pretty valid answer.

As far as try hard posting goes though, you take the cake for white knight righteousness.

He asked a question, I gave a pretty valid answer.

As far as try hard posting goes though, you take the cake for white knight righteousness.

Heh, it takes loads to try to not be a knee jerk wanker, give it a go sometime.

Needs a goal. Think its wrong that he doesnt care as he worked much harder after that miss.
Confidence is shot, as it is for most of our new signings, but he'll hopefully get going soon.

He's still getting no service, but he was really poor today. Couple of really bad misses. Hoping he gets partnered with Sturridge at some point and sorts himself out.

He doesn't get in the box in decent positions to get service.... He doesnt work hard to make space for himself

He's shitter than he was at City

Drop him and play Borini or Lambert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom