• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New signing on the horENZOn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like this - its been going on years now regardless of what we may think about signing Enzo, right now it feels like Chelsea are like always shadowing us on the players we want to get. We will never get a top quality player if this continues - I hate those fuckers. Lose a playboy billionaire and end up with a crazier one that don't seem to have any f*cking breaks on his spending, he is actually worse than the previous owner the rate at which he is spending.

I don't like this - its been going on years now regardless of what we may think about signing Enzo, right now it feels like Chelsea are like always shadowing us on the players we want to get. We will never get a top quality player if this continues - I hate those fuckers. Lose a playboy billionaire and end up with a crazier one that don't seem to have any f*cking breaks on his spending, he is actually worse than the previous owner the rate at which he is spending.
Shadowing us huh?

- Hey Liverpool are about to sign Nunez, should we intercept?
- Fuuuuck that...
- But we need a striker!
- I'd rather get Aubamayang

Shadowing us huh?

- Hey Liverpool are about to sign Nunez, should we intercept?
- Fuuuuck that...
- But we need a striker!
- I'd rather get Aubamayang
Given they’d not long before spunked 100m on Lukaku, I’d be feeling smug enough about Nunez.

I really want us to lose out on Enzo if he is going to cost €130m. I think Azzedine Ounahi could do a good job, won't cost much relatively, and leaves enough in the kitty to buy a RB + Bellingham. So for me any of the following would be welcomed
Rice at £70m is a yes but Rice at £80m+ is a no.
Jacob Ramsey at £60m, I'd be happy with him
Ruben Neves £50m
Mohammed Kuddus £40m
Kephren Thuram £30m
Locatelli £40m
Moises £70m
Mac Allister £50m

Doesnt sound like we are after him, acc Lynch.
Still want a midfielder in January though.

Yeah, me too. But then if Chelsea get Enzo that might reshuffle other targets.
We appaz like Rice and his dad is a red.

Caciedo, Rice, Bellingham, De Jong.

I really want us to lose out on Enzo if he is going to cost €130m. I think Azzedine Ounahi could do a good job, won't cost much relatively, and leaves enough enough money to buy players in other areas. There are alot of options in the CM/CDM roles for us not to spend €130m on player who has been very good in the Portuguese league for 6 months. I'll save you all the grief of not writing out the list of names

Enzo is often described as box to box player but I do wonder how much of that he'll be able to transfer to the PL. I haven't seen loads of Enzo so basing my judgement largely on his performances at the World Cup... but he didn't seem to quite have the athleticism to really stamp his authority on the game as a proper #8. The contrast between him and Macallister seemed pretty clear. He seems like more of a Toni Kroos type to me.

I jokingly made a Lucas reference earlier in the thread and although I ended up disliking him in a Liverpool shirt (not really his fault) but he wasn't a bad player - he was just in the wrong league.

Unlike others in the thread, I think he's got great potential. It just seems like for us he is a luxury purchase at anything over 60M. He'd be great for Real Madrid. Or City. Or a couple other teams. We still haven't quite found the right balance since the loss of Gini and Henderson as a reliable starter (because we won't fucking sign anyone)... injecting more athleticism into the midfield has to be the number one priority. If we can still afford Enzo after that, great!

I think he would be the Thiago replacement, not a box-to-box players, lacking just what you say, some dynamism/athleticism.
But he could probably fill in for Fabs as a deep lying playmaker, like Alonso, if we had some workers alongside him.

We would still need someone like Bellingham, Ramsey, etc, to do the Hendo role.

Maybe getting Rice is a better option in terms of what we need?
Not completely sold on him but very strong defensively.
As a Irish lad, I hate Rice. He was has played for us a junior levels and even for the senior side in friendlies. I understand people of mixed traditions often had divided loyalties but I honestly will only ever see him as a mercenary so do not want to see him in our red shirt.

As a Irish lad, I hate Rice. He was has played for us a junior levels and even for the senior side in friendlies. I understand people of mixed traditions often had divided loyalties but I honestly will only ever see him as a mercenary so do not want to see him in our red shirt.
Can hardly blame him for not wanting to play for a shit team of cunts like Ireland.

Small country mentality that.

It's WHO he's playing for that gets your back up. If he chose say Brazil over Ireland, or even Scotland or Wales, you wouldn't care.

...fraid not, I lived and worked in the UK for 13 years, a lot of my cousins are English or Welsh. I have long since divested myself of such prejudices and endeavor to do so on an onging basis. .....that being said I really can't stand Everton or Chelsea.

...fraid not, I lived and worked in the UK for 13 years, a lot of my cousins are English or Welsh. I have long since divested myself of such prejudices and endeavor to do so on an onging basis. .....that being said I really can't stand Everton or Chelsea.
You may be right.. I remember the Scots disliking McCarthy for similar reasons.

I don't hate that Bayern kid tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom