• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mario Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he'll be gone in Jan. Seemed to be falling out with a few of the team tonight. He's just not a team player

Yeh he was poor, which is bad, but the lack of effort was a joke. Brodge at least said he needs to score more, but them said at least he's working hard. I can only assume that's on the training pitch.

He's not shite, but he's lazy and he's struggling to do the task asked of him right now. If he can't play the lone role, then BR should play another up front with him, be that Lambert or Borini. Borini may not score that many, but his movement and work rate are good enough to create space and chances for Mario.

Perhaps I'll be right afterall.

Surprising the only decent thing about his game is his workrate.

The first thirty minutes last night were good, he ran about, held the ball up, harried the defence, created a chance or two, however it then turned to shit. Probably Mario seems to be having is that he's playing more as an individual and less as a team mate, he's simply trying to do too much on his own.

Hes been no worse than markovic, coutinho, lallana, Lambert, borini.

If he was the weak link, I'd get it but he's playing dross in a dross form team.

They can't all be luis Suarez..

I think he'll look better with someone alongside him. How much better, I'm not sure, though.

Yup.

Everyone was laughing when Arsenal signed Welbeck for 18M and we got Balotelli for 16M. It's not quite so funny now when one is scoring hat-tricks in Europe and the other is struggling with the basics.

There is potential for this all to work but I think it really needs the rest of the team to be on point and right now of course, that's looks a million miles away.

Yup Welbeck would have been a far better fit, esp in Sturridge's absence. Hopefully Matio will complement Sturridge but doubt it.

Saw story that Balotelli ignored Rodgers request to applaud the fans. This seems to be heading south rapidly. He needs to start scoring and quickly.

Never understood why we bought him in the first place. He is the complete opposite for how we play. Looking more and more like a panic signing.

The thing with Mario is I'm pretty sure he doesn't even really like football.

I really want to see him do well and I've got no doubt he's got the brains to utilize his talent. He just doesn't seem to think.

All of this aside I really don't think he suits us at all.

Our play with Studge, Sterling and Suarez to a degree as well, was fluency. Players moved at pace, passed to team mates moving at pace and the result was our attack tearing opponents apart. To put it another way, our efforts on goal started the moment we got possession of the ball; this was the case whether it was Suarez nipping it off the toes of a defender or Skrtel clearing it off the line. As soon as we had possession the move was in process.

Mario's style, however, is that the move starts when he gets the ball. I don't think he's trying to be selfish, he just sees his role as being the player who get's the goal from start to finish. None of this complication of other players using the ball bollocks; the move starts when he gets the ball and ends when he puts it in the net.

Quite honestly that would work for some teams but it utterly will not work for us. That attitude is what puts a disjointed nature to all our attacks when he gets involved. As soon as the ball gets to him there are two things that become obvious;
1) He's got plenty of talent
2) Our fluent attack just came to a grinding halt.

I also feel that Sturridge back in the team will see Balo become more successful. Regardless, however, it still feels to me that he's nothing more than a temporary solution.

Always looking for positives, it's so admiral!
admiral_1838925b.jpg

At least when Sturridge comes back into the team Mario won't be thinking it's all him upfront, well he might be thinking that, but Sturridge will hopefully tell him to take a step back and watch how one of the best in the league does it.

A dreadful signing. He oozes selfishness and stupidity. The most un-Liverpool striker we've had in many a long year.

At least when Sturridge comes back into the team Mario won't be thinking it's all him upfront, well he might be thinking that, but Sturridge will hopefully tell him to take a step back and watch how one of the best in the league does it.

I'm hopeful he'll be on the bench once Sturridge is back.

He can score goals. His record speaks for itself.

But you need to create an environment to suit and coax him to give a shit.

You need a fatherly manager who will put an arm around him from time to time. Teammates who will make him feel like he's fam and big him up as the superstar when he's on the pitch. A set of fans who adore and chant his name. Opponents who will gladly give way to let him score. Etc etc.

he'll probably score great goals for us, but not many, and he'll fail to score the easy ones before he flops about outside the box

Looks like we signed a Zlatan with only a fraction of the talent.

My biggest problem with him is that he doesn't look like he can beat a man. Unless it's a clever turn using his strength or a little drop off the shoulder to get a yard he's got nothing to threaten aside from finishing (haven't seen that either).

I'm also very conscious he's not Suarez but without using that benchmark I'm still not liking him so far

He made two gilt - edge chances for others last night after assisting or last two league goals.

That's whilst playing up front alone in a side not firing at all. Without Sturridge 's movement alongside him either.

Too many on here relying on lazy stereotypes and jumping on his back when most of the side have gone to fuck.

He'll be just fine.

He can score goals. His record speaks for itself.

But you need to create an environment to suit and coax him to give a shit.

You need a fatherly manager who will put an arm around him from time to time. Teammates who will make him feel like he's fam and big him up as the superstar when he's on the pitch. A set of fans who adore and chant his name. Opponents who will gladly give way to let him score. Etc etc.

What's his record like if you take penalties away?

He also needs to give a shit...

Yup Welbeck would have been a far better fit, esp in Sturridge's absence. Hopefully Matio will complement Sturridge but doubt it.

Saw story that Balotelli ignored Rodgers request to applaud the fans. This seems to be heading south rapidly. He needs to start scoring and quickly.

In an ideal world I'd also have preferred Welbeck, but they would never have sold him to us. I'm surprised they even sold to the Arse TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom