• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Messing in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on.

This is on the club, not Messi. They're the ones that handed out absurd contracts to players who wouldn't even get half of that anywhere else in the world.

He agreed a 50% pay cut. Why should he play for free when you've got other guys there in the dressing room that won't budge?

He definitely shouldn't play for free especially when he's been about the only good thing about that club for a few years, but if it was important enough to put him in floods of tears, he could have negotiated one year at whatever rate gets them lined up with limitations with an agreement to review next year.

He definitely shouldn't play for free especially when he's been about the only good thing about that club for a few years, but if it was important enough to put him in floods of tears, he could have negotiated one year at whatever rate gets them lined up with limitations with an agreement to review next year.

This is typical "rich people can't have problems" atttiude.

I'm not saying he's Mr Nice Guy but so far everyone has said that even if he offered to pay for free it wouldn't be possible. They wouldn't be able to register him because they haven't shifted enough players and also the lowest reduction they can go down based on teh rules is 50%.

As for the drama last season, the previous chairman was a cunt that put them in the mess so it's forgivable.

This is typical "rich people can't have problems" atttiude.

I'm not saying he's Mr Nice Guy but so far everyone has said that even if he offered to pay for free it wouldn't be possible. They wouldn't be able to register him because they haven't shifted enough players and also the lowest reduction they can go down based on teh rules is 50%.

As for the drama last season, the previous chairman was a cunt that put them in the mess so it's forgivable.

I missed the part about how it could only go down 50%.

How on earth anyone can feel sorry for him is beyond me. I bet girls crying melts your hearts too, whatever the reason. He's been rinsing Barca for years and has made more out of football than any other footballer bar maybe Ronaldo. He could just go back to Argentina and enjoy his retirement with his family, but no he's going to grab another sackful before he goes. Yeah my heart bleeds for him !

I'm not absolving Barca + PSG but just don't get anyone feeling even remotely sorry for him.

How on earth anyone can feel sorry for him is beyond me. I bet girls crying melts your hearts too, whatever the reason. He's been rinsing Barca for years and has made more out of football than any other footballer bar maybe Ronaldo. He could just go back to Argentina and enjoy his retirement with his family, but no he's going to grab another sackful before he goes. Yeah my heart bleeds for him !

I'm not absolving Barca + PSG but just don't get anyone feeling even remotely sorry for him.

He has been rinsing Barca but he is the draw for fans and TV rights in Spain. He's more than earned the same for Barca and been their only consistent player for the last few years while the board pissed away 100s of million. I don't particularly feel sorry for him but Barca's terrible finances are not down to him.

He has been rinsing Barca but he is the draw for fans and TV rights in Spain. He's more than earned the same for Barca and been their only consistent player for the last few years while the board pissed away 100s of million. I don't particularly feel sorry for him but Barca's terrible finances are not down to him.
I didn't say they were, at all. And he's the world's GOAT for me. But any player worth over £300m doesn't get any tears from me !

230871442_4703175116406781_8206305550240500598_n.jpg

So how does that work? We can't have you, so no one can!
[article]Barcelona are attempting to block any attempt by PSG to sign Messi by filing a complaint with the European Commission saying the French club would breach spending rules if they successfully recruit the Argentine. (Marca, in Spanish)[/article]

What's with this new 'goal involment' stat that conflates goals and assists as if they were in any sense comparable. Load of bollox
It's totally logical and more accurately assesses an individual's contribution. Example : a player dribbles into the box and lays it on a plate for someone to touch it over the line from a couple of metres out ... credit needs to be given for those type of circumstances because, to state the blindingly obvious, there's no goal without them.

Of course assists can, as per goals, be generous to a player's stats but both are what they are. They need to start calling winning a penalty an 'assist' too.

So how does that work? We can't have you, so no one can!
[article]Barcelona are attempting to block any attempt by PSG to sign Messi by filing a complaint with the European Commission saying the French club would breach spending rules if they successfully recruit the Argentine. (Marca, in Spanish)[/article]

Ask Dantes & Ross - they’ll be able to tell you all about filling pointless actions to overturn something they don’t like.

Wouldn’t ask about the success rate of said actions though, but it’ll be the same here.

Joined PSG on 2 year contract worth roughly €1m per week before tax. So slightly less than what Barcelona were offering him.

Nice to see what Messi meant to Barca….Paper torn down, scrunched up and left on the floor near the ground with a sign saying the public may take their dogs for a walk and piss over it if they wish…

My question now is how Barca go about replacing him if they indeed are able to with their financial struggles.

Joined PSG on 2 year contract worth roughly €1m per week before tax. So slightly less than what Barcelona were offering him.
Probably when you add bonuses, its going to be over €2m per week. I'd imagine he is going to be doing lots promos for Qatar State

One would assume Barca are dead as a threat for the forseeable future. A proper long term re-build is required, and they seem to have lost their knack of any long term thinking.

This would all be a lot funnier if PSG and Man City weren't around.

One would assume Barca are dead as a threat for the forseeable future. A proper long term re-build is required, and they seem to have lost their knack of any long term thinking.

This would all be a lot funnier if PSG and Man City weren't around.
What a great challenge for Guardiola to prove to everyone how good he really is, and not a cheque book manager

E8VPOChWUAUe9rl

World class attack but our defence is better than theirs
I think our midfield is too with our best lineup (Fabs, Thiago, Hendo) trumping theirs. And of course Messi is a lazy bugger tracking back so there's that too. What an attack though ... on form they could give up 2 goals a game and likely still recover it and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom