• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mourinho - a 2 season wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the best in the business with me. He's done the business in every major league he's gone to.

Regardless of money or players that is impressive as each time he took a team over he brough them success they either hadn't had for a long time or ever before.

Porto while a strong domestic team had never threatened in Europe. Uefa cup then CL. Incredible.
Chelsea, no league title in what 60 years. Back back to back titles.
Inter Milan, titles but no European success. Bang Treble (and even our wonderful sides of the 70's and 80's couldn't manage that) Utd did it once in 20 something years under Fergie. Jsoe did it in 1 season.

And then Madrid who hadn't won a title in a number of years and a long way behind Barca.

The man is simply untouchable. I would love to have him here.

You know that Porto had won the European Cup in 1987?

A lot of people think walking into a big team, full of stars, with big contracts, big ego's, is a gimme for winning the league? Plenty have tried and plenty have failed. In my eyes he's won the league with possibly the ost expensive team of galactico's ever assembled, and he's also won the european cup with a team that on paper wasn't likely in the top 10 favourites that year. I'm not sure what more he has to do to impress people. I think some people on here wont rate him until he's taken Macclesfield to back to back european cup wins.
I'd take him today over any of our last 9 or 10 managers.

Porto hadn't won a title in 3 years when he took over, he won the treble and then the double.

Yes - the 3 years when they finished 2nd, 2nd & 3rd, being 4 points, 1 point & 7 points behind - and they won it the previous 5 seasons and in fact hadn't finished lower than 3rd since the early 70's.

In the 10 seasons since he left, Porto have win the league 8 times.

So you'll excuse me if I don't feel the need to jizz in my pants about Mourniho's domestic record in Portugal.

Maybe he could have a crack at a more competitive league next, like maybe Scotland.

Give him an underperforming team outside the top 6 with a limited budget for players and see what happens.

Yes - the 3 years when they finished 2nd, 2nd & 3rd, being 4 points, 1 point & 7 points behind - and they won it the previous 5 seasons and in fact hadn't finished lower than 3rd since the early 70's.

In the 10 seasons since he left, Porto have win the league 8 times.

So you'll excuse me if I don't feel the need to jizz in my pants about Mourniho's domestic record in Portugal.

Maybe he could have a crack at a more competitive league next, like maybe Scotland.

Give him an underperforming team outside the top 6 with a limited budget for players and see what happens.

Points behind hardly matters. Bottom line is they had wouldn't a title in 3 years and not only does he take them to back to back titles he throws in a European treble and becomes 1 of if not only manager to take the Uefa cup champions into the next season and win the CL.
If he had just won the Uefa cup or just CL it would still be impressive but to do it while also winning the league and domestics cups is up there with the best achievement in football.

The Utd team that dominated English football for over 20 years did it once and had a hell of alot more resources.

Our own magical dominance of the 70's and 80's never did it.
And this myth of him bailing on clubs is just that.
He left Porto for a crack at a big league.
He was fired at Chelsea by possibly the most trigger happy chairman in the history of the game.
He may or may not leave Madrid who lest we forget hire and fire almost as frequently as Chelsea.
In fact probably the only job he truly walked out on was Inter.
He's never going to go to a side outside the top 6 again because he has earned the right to manage the biggest teams in the biggest leagues on the biggest stage.

It would like saying Messi isn't the best in the world until he joins Fulham brings them a title.
Jose will never manage outside a big club and has earned that right with his superb record across 4 different cultures of football in less than 8 years.

I seriously cannot get the image of you gagging down on Mourinho's cock out of my mind. It's beautiful.

I seriously cannot get the image of you gagging down on Mourinho's cock out of my mind. It's beautiful.

First Omar now this.
I'm guessing you went through a curious phase in Uni right?
It all makes sense with the hair/fashion/bootcut jeans threads.

You know you can open up to the forum right? We are all friends here.

I'm not the one hugging two men in my avatar dude.
Errrr............... hate to break it to you but a bit of bromance is slightly different to not being able to get the image of me cradling the balls, stroking the shaft, working the pipe, and swallowing the gravy, out of your head.

Errrr............... hate to break it to you but a bit of bromance is slightly different to not being able to get the image of me cradling the balls, stroking the shaft, working the pipe, and swallowing the gravy, out of your head.

I wasn't thinking of any of those things. Why, were you?

Points behind hardly matters. Bottom line is they had wouldn't a title in 3 years and not only does he take them to back to back titles he throws in a European treble and becomes 1 of if not only manager to take the Uefa cup champions into the next season and win the CL.
If he had just won the Uefa cup or just CL it would still be impressive but to do it while also winning the league and domestics cups is up there with the best achievement in football.

The Utd team that dominated English football for over 20 years did it once and had a hell of alot more resources.

Our own magical dominance of the 70's and 80's never did it.
And this myth of him bailing on clubs is just that.
He left Porto for a crack at a big league.
He was fired at Chelsea by possibly the most trigger happy chairman in the history of the game.
He may or may not leave Madrid who lest we forget hire and fire almost as frequently as Chelsea.
In fact probably the only job he truly walked out on was Inter.
He's never going to go to a side outside the top 6 again because he has earned the right to manage the biggest teams in the biggest leagues on the biggest stage.

It would like saying Messi isn't the best in the world until he joins Fulham brings them a title.
Jose will never manage outside a big club and has earned that right with his superb record across 4 different cultures of football in less than 8 years.

Jesus Christ - Porto have win the league 15 times in the last 20 years - winning the league with Porto doesn't make you special. Great results in Europe are.... Great.... but it takes more than a few great results in my book to be considered one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom