• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New refugee from other site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmmm...............I had a complementary Gold Club Membership :eek:, I must have been more interesting back then .
The thing was it was pretty shite as I recall , because mere mortals had to pay it was tumble weed most of the time. It drove a them-and-us class culture so when you dropped back in to the standard forum when you got bored you were shunned. Didn't they have another forum where you had to do an apprenticeship before you were allowed into the standard forum?
Clearly the Mr Oldham spotted the flaw in just charging for one forum.

regards

My memory of those days is very hazy, i can recall Oncy joining up (he was such a timid flower in his early days on the forum), the shout box and not getting an invite to this site (you twats).

Hi Red
Yes was very lucky. Not old enough to really appreciate some of the players in the 70s even though I saw them play many times. Was fortunate to see hansen and lawrenson at their peak. Kenny and rushie together a lot. Best of the lot when i was really old enough to understand their contribution was Barnes. He had everything. You know how certain players look a generation ahead or more modern. Like messi does now. Or maradonna did. Or zidane. He was like that. If we'd been in the European cup between 87 and 91 we would have won many more. Nichol, whelan, macmahon, aldo Loved them all.
Interesting - Thanks Silver. I'm a southern red from Buckinghamshire who seldom gets to go to games. My entire family are scouse born and bred so I had little say in the matter. My Uncle took me to my first game at Anfield a 5-1 thrashing of Sheffield Wednesday in 1989 (The home game before Hillsborough) I remember seeing Macman, Barnes and Beardo in that game. Would have loved to have seen Kenny play as well.

My memory of those days is very hazy, i can recall Oncy joining up (he was such a timid flower in his early days on the forum), the shout box and not getting an invite to this site (you twats).
I remember Oncy and Vlad from those days. Did Oncy have his Donald Sutherland Avatar? What was Vlads??? I remember a lot of posters from back then just by their avatars. DJ Syd had a smiley face one I recall.

Ha true enough - For some reason I was called 'Gonzo' back then. But a little like here I didn't post that much. Just gobbled up KT 'exclusives'...

Ha true enough - For some reason I was called 'Gonzo' back then. But a little like here I didn't post that much. Just gobbled up KT 'exclusives'...

I have a bridge in London for sale.

Very good price.

Giving you first dibs.

Hmmmmmm...............I had a complementary Gold Club Membership :eek:, I must have been more interesting back then .
The thing was it was pretty shite as I recall , because mere mortals had to pay it was tumble weed most of the time. It drove a them-and-us class culture so when you dropped back in to the standard forum when you got bored you were shunned. Didn't they have another forum where you had to do an apprenticeship before you were allowed into the standard forum?
Clearly the Mr Oldham spotted the flaw in just charging for one forum.

regards

He used to change the format quite a lot. I remember when I first joined Koptalk there was a Reserves forum and a First Team forum (both free I think but depended on number of posts), except the Reserves one had people in it who had posted thousands of times but just chose to stay there because it was better.

I think after that there was just one free forum and at least one paid forum.

Yep, it's one of them.
You're not marketing this bridge correctly Themn - Surely I have to pay you first Then you offer me an exclusive bridge. I smell a rat and for that reason... I'm out!

You're not marketing this bridge correctly Themn - Surely I have to pay you first Then you offer me an exclusive bridge. I smell a rat and for that reason... I'm out!

Ok, pay me first.

I've got another buyer in Saudi......

Ha ha - Forever shamed by my youthful folly.
I paid for a few months of membership on there as well. Even kind of liked it at first. I stopped it after a few months though as it was obvious there wasn't that much to it.

I still think the £10/month subscription here on 6CM is better value for money mind.

I paid for a few months of membership on there as well. Even kind of liked it at first. I stopped it after a few months though as it was obvious there wasn't that much to it.

I still think the £10/month subscription here on 6CM is better value for money mind.

Shuuuuuuuut uuuuuuup ! I said keep it quiet yer divvy.

Who remembers Brendan's Alien gif avatar on KT with the glowing eyes? I only ever lurked there. If I had of joined I probably would have called myself "DublinRed" or something equally shit.

No offence IrishRed ;)

I dont want to know what koptalk is... Even if a google search could reveal all that is there to know...

Theres always the return journey to get the divs

I tell ya mate. If they see a car emerging they start running across the road without looking. Skrtel cut me up once as well coming out of there. He did apologise though. I think he was just trying to escape the autograph loons

I remember Oncy and Vlad from those days. Did Oncy have his Donald Sutherland Avatar? What was Vlads??? I remember a lot of posters from back then just by their avatars. DJ Syd had a smiley face one I recall.

I seem to remember Oncey had Moe from the Simpsons as his avatar, and I think Vlad's was Alan Partridge.

I tell ya mate. If they see a car emerging they start running across the road without looking. Skrtel cut me up once as well coming out of there. He did apologise though. I think he was just trying to escape the autograph loons

Yuo should have apologised to him for being in the way!

I was only a lurker on Koptalk and can only remember Rosco, Sheik, Brendan, Le Chacal and DJSydney from back then.
I obviously never signed up for the gold club.
Was it piedro that won but never received his ipod?

I was only a lurker on Koptalk and can only remember Rosco, Sheik, Brendan, Le Chacal and DJSydney from back then.
I obviously never signed up for the gold club.
Was it piedro that won but never received his ipod?

Yes re: piedro.

I can't believe you don't remember Ryan, FFF etc from the KT days!

Yes re: piedro.

I can't believe you don't remember Ryan, FFF etc from the KT days!
Ooops.
Now I think of it I remember FFF and Ryan all right too.
And you mate.

As I said I only posted a few times towards the end because Dunc brought in a rule about not being able to lurk.
I am quite shy actually:oops:

I missed all the koptalk shite. This is my first and only liverpool forum i've posted on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom