• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Off-Season 2011

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=44535.msg1374103#msg1374103 date=1312369221]
[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=44535.msg1374099#msg1374099 date=1312368113]

The middle picks were great. Allen, Carter and Brown all could have gone in higher rounds. I particularly like Carter. He was like a hand grenade going off in the middle of offences in the WAC last year. A total sack machine. I doubt you'll play him on the line though, he lacks the size at pro level (probably why he slipped to where he did). He'll play at OLB I reckon (and I think he initially went to Fresno as a linebacker and they converted him). He's fast as fuck off the snap and has good arms. And Harrison isn't getting any younger (or popular with his team mates).

First two were really solid, especially Gilbert. Big Ben will love a bit of him.
[/quote]Cheers MC. Sounds promising. Yeah Harrison doing everything he can to create a harmonious dressing room this summer it seems.

Any insight on who will be the teams to beat this year?
Im guessing Patriots, Packers, Steelers and Giants?
[/quote]

Eagles, Patriots and Jets me thinks.

Packers, Steelers and Giants are probably not in the same class as the teams above, though if get hot, the sky is the limit.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=44535.msg1374102#msg1374102 date=1312368914]
While you're at it MC, how about a draft recap for the 'Boys too? I like what's I've seen so far Tyrone Smith.
[/quote]

Yeah, Smith was one of the best tackles in the draft. Probably looks a reach at nine (I wonder what the pick would have been had there been FA) but he filled the number one need, so you can't be unhappy about that. Romo needed a pass blocker, and that is Smith's game. Very good on his feet. He's still young though - I wonder about him starting immediately. If he can get focused to play pro-offences then fine, but you wonder if it'll get on top of him. Ideally I'd like to have seen him eased in but I'm not sure you have that luxury. Of course, that's all intangible. He clearly has the skills, so could make a very big impact early. He certainly did at Southern Cal. Tore his meniscus at the end of last year, but presumably the Boys are happy enough with his recovery.

I like Carter too, but he has had knee problems also. If that's all okay, then you got a decent linebacker there. Murray I didn't understand. He's alright, but he's not elite. Seemed an odd pick to waste in the third, especially as the secondary needed a bit of help (Josh Thomas should prove a solid pick as far as that goes).

The one I quite like is Dwayne Harris. I didn't see him play that much, but he looked very strong and has good hands. Gets yards after the catch. Offers different threats as I think he'll do alright in the slot in the pros. Cheeky little late rounder there.

Plus, before anyone asks, I don't know what the hell to think about Roy Williams. He knows Martz I suppose. Does it really matter who Cutler is slinging at inside the red? Let's hope they have some nice packages from 30 yards.

Quite like Barber supporting Forte though.

The Giants drafted very well. But our free agency was pretty shitty because we were over the cap and unimaginative. I don't think we'll have a great year and I think the Eagles are runaway the best team in the NFC East now. Its between them and the Packers for the NFC, and Pats and Jets for AFC. So same as last year pretty much. Thats not fun.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44535.msg1386147#msg1386147 date=1314199763]
Got my MNF ticket :)
[/quote]Whats MNF?

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44535.msg1386206#msg1386206 date=1314205213]
Monday Night Football. Our first in over a decade.
[/quote]So you are going?

a 24-year-old man was shot multiple times in the stomach about 8 p.m. and managed to drive himself to a stadium security office for help

Al will be signing this kid if he pulls through.

Loving these, by the way.

115233246.jpg

TCU @ Baylor last night will be the best game of the season. Total shootout. Robert Griffin III is for real.

Kendall Wright just shredded TCU in behind. Their cornerbacks got murdered. Most TD passes they've given up in 21 years. Tadow.

Watch Baylor stumblefuck against 1AA Stephen Austin next week now.

I'd forgotten how terrible college secondaries are. My main hope for the college season is that Andrew Luck maintains his stock. I've convinced myself somehow the Colts will end up with him.

MSU undefeated. Lions undefeated. A good start!

Shit secondaries are what makes college ball awesome!

I think we should bring in similar measures in the Premier League. Make every team have a Championship defence.

The way Utah St defended that onside kick was outrageous. Where were the blocks? Nobody was anywhere near the ball when it was caught. They beat themselves. Fair play to Barrett Trotter though. He looked rusty early on (hasn't started a game since high school, was back up to Chris Todd and Cam Newton), but the two touchdown drives in the last four minutes were well handled. The misses he had early were in open field too - I think I'd rather that be his problem coming in than see him toss the ball into mad coverage and risk the ball.

What is it with Lee Corso and Boise State? He fucking hates them. I couldn't believe my ears when people were calling Georgia over the Broncos before the match. Georgia? Really? For why? It's got to the point where they can't disparage Boise anymore so they heavily overrate their opponents instead. It's like in the face of the sheer tonnage of evidence against them, some pundits just try to will Boise to lose.

Wisconsin won the fucking lottery getting Wilson in as a transfer to replace Tolzien. It's a one season fix, but what a season to find it. They have to go to the Shoe, but this is a good season for that fixture. Nebraska at home will be the key fixture. They could run the table.

Oregon. What happened there? Mess. LSU will get excited, but the Ducks took both barrels to their own feet in that game.

Aggies looked like danger all over the park yesterday. Picked off the SMU QB in his first two possessions and turned them into TDs, Tannehill looked lethal, and Gray and Michael ground them down for over 200 yards and 4 scores.

That DE Margus Hunt for SMU is a fucking beast though. Blocked two PATs. He's about nine foot tall.

Detroit Lions Baby...Love watching them this year. My favorite WR in the league (who I have on my fantasy team) is tearing shit up. Megatron.

Back
Top Bottom