• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Off-Season 2011

Nobody is going to pay $60m for a player other teams can just throw away from. Green (or Jones) would be a great pick except for that they have nobody to throw for. I'm not sure you can plan this year's draft based on what you expect from next year. Luck will go number one, so should Carolina not try to win a game all season? Should they pick Green and say "just hang around a bit, it'll all be fine next year. Assuming we lose very game and our presumptive pick doesn't blow out his knee or demand to play for someone else"? That type of planning is madness. What if St Louis had said the same about Jake Locker last year? How hard would we be laughing now?

I'm not advocating him as the number one best player in the world ZOMG!, but if they are dead set on bringing in a QB this year, then I don't see what the fuss about. He's a good player and has great potential. Anyone who says otherwise is blind. All QBs have bust potential (Tim Couch?) but I think a little too much is being made of some pretty spurious reporting about the lad. He's clearly not NFL ready, and you wonder whether he has the dedication to spend his early years doing nothing but watching tape, but the natural ability is there. If Carolina think they can make it work (and at this point it's pretty moot - I think the decision is made. Let's just hope they don't make us wait seven minutes) then it makes as much sense to me as any other pick.

A more interesting issue to me is whether Denver will take Dareus or unload both barrels into their foot again. Denver and Buffalo at two and three has the potential to be hilarious, but you'd fancy it's Dareus/Miller in whatever combination for the two of them. Arizona is also interesting, especially with Larry more or less saying he doesn't want Gabbert.

Yeah was gonna say Peterson is unlikely due to his position and the salary involved. I know waiting for Luck is a dangerous game, but I just don't see it with Newton.

It's a pretty bad year, to be honest, exacerbated by the lack of free agency. I'm not sure what the court ruling is going to do, whether teams are suddenly going to go FA spastic in the hours leading up to the draft. Everything seems a bit up in the air.

Personally, I hope Carolina take Dareus, then Denver take Newton and take to the field with a wildcat double-double-threat line up next year.

Good that ESPN are covering the draft though.

The league are saying thy can't draw up or implement rules until their appeal is heard, so I don't think player trades will be on the board. I expect a piss load of pick trades though. Especially from the Pats. It's like they love holding the best hand year after year but never really cash it in.

Arizona on the clock now,

As expected so far:

Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton
Denver Broncos - Von Miller
Buffalo Bills - Marcell Dareus
Cincinati Bengals - A.J. Green

and I expect Patrick Peterson to be next

1st round pick (#6) for 1st round (#27), 2nd round, 4th round, and 2012 1st round and 4th round.

Insane.

Still, if it wins them the Superbowl...

That is a crazy trade, that should propel Matt Ryan into the elite conversation with elite numbers. They gave up a lot but now have the best WR core in the NFL, and they are both very good blockers and should draw a lot of attention so it should improve their run game also. I see a lot of uncalled offensive pass interference from their team next year.

Wow its getting funky, Titans go Jake Locker instead of Gabbert. They needed to go QB though.

But Kiper, Gruden, and Berman love him and blamed his team for most of his faults.

Cowboys pick Tyron Smith OT, so you getting your CB hopefully

Another trade, Jags trade up to get Gabbert

Awful trade imo, and Gruden agrees. Garrard is much better than Gabbert right now so its probably good for Gabbert that he gets to sit and watch.

Houston take J.J. Watt, a smart pick and should help there team. Great motor, good pass rusher.

Vikings go Ponder QB, a real run on QBs... Panic pick is probably right.

yeah I know who Suh is, but if you got Fairley also you'd be the number 1 run defense for the next 5 years. That kind of dominance is always good. But yeah you guys are really hard to predict here but the CBs are there.

And there it is Nick Fairley, you now have a dominant DL. Gonna be even more fun to watch the Lions this year, which I always like to do, idk y probably mostly Megatron.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44535.msg1323552#msg1323552 date=1304040170]
and still no secondary
[/quote]

thought prince would go sooner

Back
Top Bottom