• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No Loic, what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know , i know there are all these reasons why we aren't looking at a big name but fuck it , we're all big kids at heart , I'd loved for us to at least try and sign someone who will get us excited . Yeah i know our signings so far could well prove to be excellent and smart buys but fuck modern football making us all into accountants and 'value for money' gimps .

i know , i know there are all these reasons why we aren't looking at a big name but fuck it , we're all big kids at heart , I'd loved for us to at least try and sign someone who will get us excited . Yeah i know our signings so far could well prove to be excellent and smart buys but fuck modern football making us all into accountants and 'value for money' gimps .

We TRIED for Sanchez. Can't blame the club. If you look at United and ourselves there are not many big name Latin prospects/stars willing to make the move to the sparkling North of England, the better players mostly seem to come from the more Northern European countries.

well try again . So then sign a player from one of those northern European countries . I've heard of this place called Germany , apparently they won something recently .

Lacazette or Firmino please.

And then the bloody marquee, whoever he is!
I think we should realistically aim to get both. Not too many other places to spend the money after all, and it's excellent value.

Assuming Borini leaves of course.

Borini is deadwood for me. I can't see him contributing anything at all, so the sooner he leaves, the better.

As for Lacazette/Firmino, they're fine - good young players, with the potential to be pretty good. But I'm not looking at them as anything more than what they are - alternatives to Remy with the idea of getting an upgrade on Borini.

If we're looking to them to replace Suarez's contribution to the attack, we're fucked.

We NEED a top drawer talent coming in - either a striker or an attacking midfielder. Can't afford to have such a huge gulf in class from last season.

Dunno much about Lacazette but he seems to be a very good player based on that youtube clip. Would be a perfect fit for us.

Mirror.

Belgian World Cup sensation Divock Origi has told Liverpool he wants to come to Anfield.

Lacazette would be a much better fit for us. Bony and Lukaku are good players but they are totally different to what we had last season, Bony holds the play up and plays alot of his game with his back to goal, while Lukaku doesn't seem to really fit that well into a quick, incisive passing side.

Yeah, I can't help but getting the feeling that Bony and Lukaku are in the Yakubu mould - very good Premiership goalscorers, but not absolute top class.

The 9 strikers listed as possible options in the Echo :

Balotelli, Benzema, Bony, Cavani, Lukaku, Huntelaar, Jay Rodriguez, Osvaldo & Lacazette.

Nothing new there then.

The 9 strikers listed as possible options in the Echo :

Balotelli, Benzema, Bony, Cavani, Lukaku, Huntelaar, Jay Rodriguez, Osvaldo & Lacazette.

Nothing new there then.

Balotelli - Won't happen
Benzema - Too expensive, won't happen
Bony - Maybe
Cavani - Too expensive, gargantuan wage demands, won't happen
Lukaku - They'd never sell to us, won't happen
Huntelaar - He's shit, and old, won't happen
Rodriguez - We surely can't sign another Southampton player, won't happen
Osvaldo - He's shit, won't happen
Lacazette - Never seen him in my life, maybe.

So it's Bony or someone I've never ever seen.

Hope the Echo are wrong.

Cavani...

PSG need to sell (for FFP) in order to complete the Di Maria deal - they can't hope to recoup their inflated fee for Cavani but 30-35m would help.

Cavani has voiced his discontent with playing wide for PSG and is likely open to a move where he'll be the main striker. If he wants out, he'll have to lower wage demands as his options are limited.

We've got a bustling Uruguayan-shaped hole in our attack.

I'd say there's about a 0.1% chance of us signing Cavani.

I just can't see it happening for about a billion different reasons.

seriously if we try to sign rodriguez i think my head will explode. i don't give a shit if he goes on and scores 25 goals for them or someone else next season , i don't want another southampton player .

Don't want.

He looks like the end product of skeletor raping tarzan

It's an uninspiring list of names really. I'm hoping that's the best the papers can come up with rather than our scouts.

There were some very familiar arguments being thrown at Modo in another thread re: getting someone other than Bony, e.g. no one available or that would come to us, and that stinks really. We all know, particularly after the Downing affair, that there no matter what type of player you're looking for, they're out there - you just need to be good enough to spot and buy them.

I find the Ballotelli link baffling. He is exactly the opposite of the type of personality we want in the dressing room. Lazy journalism again.

....... no matter what type of player you're looking for, they're out there - you just need to be good enough to spot and buy them.

Of course that would then mean it is not the big name that most on here would not be satisfied without. Also a new, relatively unknown, young striker would be a massive gamble if that is all we are relying on.

Other than the list given by the Echo most of the other major (I hesitate to use the word serious) options are either not willing or able to leave their current clubs. Remy actually seemed to be a very good fit, able to replace Sturridge when necessary and a danger when coming off the bench.

We absolutely must add a striker to the squad, options really do seem to be limited though. Origi now seems keen to join up with us rather than another season at Lille. At his age it would be the gamble I mentioned above. At this stage I'd take the unpopular Balotelli and be very happy to add Shaqiri to the attack too.

Balotelli, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Sterling, Markovic, Lallana & Lambert seems a very powerful, pacy, technically gifted and creative attack capable of plenty of goals.

Ive never heard of Lacazette.
And im very wary about buying a player who has had one good season.
Like Muriel last year, Michu, Bony etc

What you want is a player who is progressing and trending upwards in goals, it doesnt need to be loads now but if their career is
Or something like that and they are under 25 and play in a decent league they are probably a good bet.

I dunno who that is like but that kind of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom