• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non LFC summer transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's spread himself too thin. He's trying to cover every league and is relying on shite sources to hit his catchphrase button. The fact he's now signed up to stream on Kick means he's just going to milk some rubes for longer period

For some young players it is now a chance to live near, play with and/or against some of the best players they will have watched growing up. The roster of worldies in Saudi is now crazy and I think that will draw a few younger players in even if they only see it as a 2 season gig.

He was close to a move to Napoli just before this, and it amazes me that someone isnt advising him to join them instead at this stage of his career.

He was close to a move to Napoli just before this, and it amazes me that someone isnt advising him to join them instead at this stage of his career.
Napoli aren't going to pay him much more then he's on now. He can (is going to) secure his financial future, playing with and against some aging top class players, and then well before his prime he'll be able to pick and choose where he wants to go based on factors other than who's paying a little more than the others.

Napoli aren't going to pay him much more then he's on now. He can (is going to) secure his financial future, playing with and against some aging top class players, and then well before his prime he'll be able to pick and choose where he wants to go based on factors other than who's paying a little more than the others.

He was going from 600k gross at Celta to 2 mill euros net at Napoli.

Imho, you should never advise a young up and coming talent to go and play in that shit league with aging stars even if he earns more money.
Its a waste of years of development and most likely sees that his career is worse off, albeit richer.

Chelsea sign Deivid Washington, Brazilian teen from Santos for £17.2m.

They really are a fucking joke aren't they? He's made 9 senior appearances and scored 2 goals.

Imho, you should never advise a young up and coming talent to go and play in that shit league with aging stars even if he earns more money.
Its a waste of years of development and most likely sees that his career is worse off, albeit richer.

Yep, that's how we all view our careers, we aim to be aultruristic and goal driven and ignore the financial benefits ....

Chelsea sign Deivid Washington, Brazilian teen from Santos for £17.2m.

They really are a fucking joke aren't they? He's made 9 senior appearances and scored 2 goals.

Contract length? (knowing it will be stupid)

Contract length? (knowing it will be stupid)

Ahhh SEVEN years plus an option of an 8th.

I would say that are buying football, but the weird thing is after, what must be a Billion Quid spent in less then 18 months it doesn't feel like they are buying the league - their squad is still way below City and not massively better than ours

... and that's a Billion Quid in fees not wages (which are staggering commitments) or agents fees. No way did the players show so much commitment to Chelsea without some 'help' from their agents.

Last edited:
I didn't want to say it before our game with Chelsea, jinx and all that, but their team is absolute shite. They've somehow managed to spend a billion pound and look shit. I'll have a pound with anyone they're not top 4 this season. I don't care how good these players on 8 year contracts are, most won't see the 1st team. Their strategy might somehow balance the books long-term but they're not going to be a dominant Man City type team with these players they're signing.

I didn't want to say it before our game with Chelsea, jinx and all that, but their team is absolute shite. They've somehow managed to spend a billion pound and look shit. I'll have a pound with anyone they're not top 4 this season. I don't care how good these players on 8 year contracts are, most won't see the 1st team. Their strategy might somehow balance the books long-term but they're not going to be a dominant Man City type team with these players they're signing.
Yeah it's why I'm pissed off we didn't batter that pile of dogshit

The Fantasy Football League I'm in costs £20 a year and I wouldn't put any Chelsea players in it. Let alone spend a Billion on the actual cunts.

Which is a reflection on how smart the Dubai guys were when they bought City and pumped the cash in, They out bought Abromovich and purchased a high performing squad before financial penalties were established. Now they are in place they have riches to sell to balance any new requirement so penalties won't apply.

Chelsea are buying in a way they know will gain penalties but, to my mind, are not spending wisely.

IF, and it is a very big if, we have exacerbated their spending on purpose then a bit of kudos may be due.

Yep, that's how we all view our careers, we aim to be aultruristic and goal driven and ignore the financial benefits ....

Yes, its obviously the same in terms of earning more money working in an office... Christ.

Being a young footballer that can either have the best coaches, conditions, playing in the best leagues, against the best players and secure that his development for his talent can be nurtured in the best way. But instead go to a shit league, poor conditions, aging stars and all round poor for development but earn more money short term. It says something about your mentality when you follow that path instead.

My guess is not many will follow in his footsteps. The reason why seems lost on so many people, sadly.

Yes, its obviously the same in terms of earning more money working in an office... Christ.

Being a young footballer that can either have the best coaches, conditions, playing in the best leagues, against the best players and secure that his development for his talent can be nurtured in the best way. But instead go to a shit league, poor conditions, aging stars and all round poor for development but earn more money short term. It says something about your mentality when you follow that path instead.

My guess is not many will follow in his footsteps. The reason why seems lost on so many people, sadly.
My guess is you're wrong and many many will follow. Banking the money now is savvy when there are no guarantees a young player will fulfill the promise or maybe injury may ravage or finish their careers.

Ambition? How many people care that player x y or z won this, that or the other. How many end up selling otherwise worthless medals?

There are no guarantees in anyone's life and my advice would be to bank it whilst you can. Secure the next 70 years.

Football is extremely mercenary already I’m sure there are plenty of legends past and present in the game who’d be on the first flight elsewhere if the money fell out of the European / English game.

The prestige and all the other stuff only matters combined with money.

Players who end up "selling medals" are largely from the '70s or '80s or made some catastrophically bad investments and financial decisions. These days even the likes of Keita and Chamberlain are set for life. Europe provides more than enough opportunities to ensure multi-generational wealth. The reality is they just love money and are willing to take a shortcut to guarantee it over playing prestigious football, and that's fine. But the pleading poverty defense doesn't stack up. It was never heard before Saudi started throwing cash around.

Reactions: jan
My guess is you're wrong and many many will follow. Banking the money now is savvy when there are no guarantees a young player will fulfill the promise or maybe injury may ravage or finish their careers.

Ambition? How many people care that player x y or z won this, that or the other. How many end up selling otherwise worthless medals?

There are no guarantees in anyone's life and my advice would be to bank it whilst you can. Secure the next 70 years.

My guess is that I’m not wrong and not many players aged 21 or under will move to the Saudis. Lets see.

Football is extremely mercenary already I’m sure there are plenty of legends past and present in the game who’d be on the first flight elsewhere if the money fell out of the European / English game.

The prestige and all the other stuff only matters combined with money.
Exactly. Why do many players go to some clubs with a lower chance of success? Money.

Players who end up "selling medals" are largely from the '70s or '80s or made some catastrophically bad investments and financial decisions. These days even the likes of Keita and Chamberlain are set for life. Europe provides more than enough opportunities to ensure multi-generational wealth. The reality is they just love money and are willing to take a shortcut to guarantee it over playing prestigious football, and that's fine. But the pleading poverty defense doesn't stack up. It was never heard before Saudi started throwing cash around.
It depends on the lifestyle you aspire to. As I said there's no guarantee a young player won't end up flopping and not make good money.
And there's a world of difference between let's say £5m over 10 years and £20m over 2 years - and then go to Europe.

We're talking about Gabri Veiga. One of the bigger talents in Spain at the moment. Thats the point in all this. Not the likes of Football Manager sensation Cherno Samba (who I could understand if he had moved to the Saudis).

To be fair to Veiga.

No one was willing to pay the release clause.

Napoli shifted the goal posts not just once.

He's gone from

0.5m per annum to 12m per annum.

With one week left in the window, I think I'd have done the same.

Before anyone says the Saudi window is later. There are no guarantees they'd come back in for him.

First thing they should fix is that the transfer window ends at the same time. Thats hopeless.

They’re a rich man’s Everton - shit fans, loads of money spent on shit players, shit stadium, play in blue and had Fat Frank manage them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom