• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oh no Joe - Gomez injured on England duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having make shift CBs also means we are less likely to rotate full backs i presume, who we need to wrap in cotton wool. I hope we have Matip on a special schedule and don’t risk him against some of our shitter opponents.

You mean the Argentinian defender who has just recovered from a Cruciate Ligament injury..

Great

Free transfer options available make Caulker signing a few years back look like a masterstroke..
I mean the defender with a wealth of experience in la Liga and champions league who could help us until January whilst we are in a bit of a defensive crisis. If you think there's a better candidate feel free to share their credentials I'm sure the transfer committee would be only too happy to consider them

I mean the defender with a wealth of experience in la Liga and champions league who could help us until January whilst we are in a bit of a defensive crisis. If you think there's a better candidate feel free to share their credentials I'm sure the transfer committee would be only too happy to consider them
There isn't that's my point..

He's just recovering from being crocked himself..

Not Ideal

There isn't that's my point..

He's just recovering from being crocked himself..

Not Ideal
True enough but desperate time’s, desperate measures.

You probably have to put him on some appearance/performance related contract and take a much closer look at him in training

No point in signing a free transfer short term option. We’ll have to adapt until January and sign a quality CB then.

No point in signing a free transfer short term option. We’ll have to adapt until January and sign a quality CB then.
Easy to say. Who do you get in January that you’re not going to get bent over for? Tarkowski (sp?)?

The reality is that we need 2 CBs, and that one of them should be looking beyond Gomez now, unfortunately for him.

Easy to say. Who do you get in January that you’re not going to get bent over for? Tarkowski (sp?)?

Signing Garay wouldnt solve our issues, is he even better than Phillips/Williams now after months out with injury?

We’ll probably get rinsed by the selling club regardless, given everyone know we have 1 CB.
Going for a player that have a contract that runs out in 2022 might be a good idea.
18 months left which will at least keep the fee down a bit.

Signing Garay wouldnt solve our issues, is he even better than Phillips/Williams now after months out with injury?

We’ll probably get rinsed by the selling club regardless, given everyone know we have 1 CB.
Going for a player that have a contract that runs out in 2022 might be a good idea.
18 months left which will at least keep the fee down a bit.
I don’t know man, honestly. But I think you’ve probably GOT to at least take a look. Matip will not stay fit. Will not.

Re Player with 18mths left on contract: that’s why I mentioned the Burnley lad. But I’m unsure whether you get him for less than £40m, or whether he even has the ability to play like we need him to.

I don’t know man, honestly. But I think you’ve probably GOT to at least take a look. Matip will not stay fit. Will not.

Re Player with 18mths left on contract: that’s why I mentioned the Burnley lad. But I’m unsure whether you get him for less than £40m, or whether he even has the ability to play like we need him to.

Yeah, not sure about Tarkowski or how he could fit in. Very good defender, but one thing is defending in that deep block that Burnely do and then coming to our set up.

Sounds like his leg self combusted with no one near him and it hurt a lot.

It's ok, because Southgate is saying prayers.

Yeah Conor coady's bro put it in one of my lad's WhatsApp groups earlier. It was meant to be both weird and horrible.

Coadys brother now saying he didn’t write anything and calling bullshit. Maybe trying to cover himself.

Mauricio Pellegrino

Just have to suck it up and get on with it. Matip,Phillips,Williams..at a push Hendo, Milner. Somebody even said Robbo could play in there but that is stretching it. So we have options, few more when Fabinho comes back.

So we're relying on matip to stay fit...

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Just have to suck it up and get on with it. Matip,Phillips,Williams..at a push Hendo, Milner. Somebody even said Robbo could play in there but that is stretching it. So we have options, few more when Fabinho comes back.
Koumetio

I'd stick Hendo there before Milner. Milner is too small and slow to play there.

You mean when they were 2-0 up and made 5 subs at half time?
That may also be the correct version.

For the record, I should have read the full article. I just saw the click bait headline of he was subbed and fans reacted.

I do stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom