• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you hurt yourself more by trying to correct your balance after being tripped, kicked or pushed. Sometimes it isn't so much "going down easily", as not making much of an effort to correct your balance to stop yourself going down.

Well, I suppose they have eschewed big, splashy £70-80m-plus signings, but that doesn't really hide the fact they've spent over a billion on lots and lots of 30-40-50m signings.

Just look at the full-backs: Angelino (laughably shit) £11m; Walker £50m; Cancelo £60m; Mendy £52m.

fuck's sake.

RELATIVELY SPEAKING.

There’s a marked difference in spending over the last 2 years to previous years.

But you can con the ref even when there is contact. I have seen many times i.e. Young at United kicking out making contact with a defender and throw himself to the ground. It is a con and shouldn't be awarded any foul. Bt when the contact is made and the player go down by just going down is a dive even if it is a penalty? I see JJ change the wording to simulation which complicates the whole thing.

And I mean we have been entitled to a lot of penalties not given us (especially Suarez was hard done by) and Mane has been entitled to penalties when going down a bit easy. But I am not sure I will start liking that players go down easy just because it is Mane instead of Young.
Fact of the matter is that if a player doesn't go down it's HIGHLY unlikely a penalty will be given. this isn't diving, it's making referees aware there was contact, it's then up to him to deem it a foul or not. The exception could be when a player is seen to be held down/back by a defender, these are also given but rarely.

It makes you wonder if they had to curtail their spending, relatively speaking, so as to make it less blatantly obvious how much they were flouting FFP.

Probably just hubris and arrogance - almost sounded a bit Fumey there...

Don’t think so; Pep did exactly the same thing in Bayern - inexplicably failed to replace a key defender and tried to compensate with sticking various midfielders and full-backs at CB. And before that he did something similar at Barcelona. This is his one big blind spot and it stems from his very midfield-centric view of the game.

Don’t think so; Pep did exactly the same thing in Bayern - inexplicably failed to replace a key defender and tried to compensate with sticking various midfielders and full-backs at CB. And before that he did something similar at Barcelona. This is his one big blind spot and it stems from his very midfield-centric view of the game.

It stems from him "loving to find solutions" or as its otherwise known "Look at me, the Great Guardiola, football genius. Only I could have reinvented Player X as right back/ CB/ holding midfielder. Marvel at my vision!"

Cunt

It stems from him "loving to find solutions" or as its otherwise known "Look at me, the Great Guardiola, football genius. Only I could have reinvented Player X as right back/ CB/ holding midfielder. Marvel at my vision!"

Cunt

It has been done by others til with various degree of success. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Most obvious examples from local ground: Emre Can in back 3, Milner as LB, Firmino as striker, Karius as Goalie

Fact of the matter is that if a player doesn't go down it's HIGHLY unlikely a penalty will be given. this isn't diving, it's making referees aware there was contact, it's then up to him to deem it a foul or not. The exception could be when a player is seen to be held down/back by a defender, these are also given but rarely.
In the Derby match when Mane was clean through & fucked it up - the Irish commentators on Premier Sport were going mad saying "Why didn't he go down? It would have been a clear penalty if he had"

I mean why the fuck would you take one of the all time great destructive midfielders (Mascher) and turn him into a 5ft 9 CB? Only hubris of the highest order can be to blame. Yes, it worked, because barely anyone attacked the great Barca, but it just seemed like an appalling waste of a player that I loved to watch operating like the bitiest of terriers released in a field full of postmen.

Did Pep move Javi Martinez to CB for Bayern?

Who moved Lahm to midfield? Was that the Germany manager?

I mean why the fuck would you take one of the all time great destructive midfielders (Mascher) and turn him into a 5ft 9 CB? Only hubris of the highest order can be to blame. Yes, it worked, because barely anyone attacked the great Barca, but it just seemed like an appalling waste of a player that I loved to watch operating like the bitiest of terriers released in a field full of postmen.

It was a waste but more a product of the fact that they didn't need him than anything else.

They had Busquets who was better suited to their style than Masher in the DM role.

It was a waste but more a product of the fact that they didn't need him than anything else.

They had Busquets who was better suited to their style than Masher in the DM role.
Yeah, which made it more sickening. "We actually don't need this amazing midfielder we've tapped up and snatched from you, so we're going to play him in a position we essentially see as unimportant, because we can".

Blue Fume hope we goes out tonight:

[bcolor=#fcfcff]Yes let us hope that the bunch of "Bus Wrecking Twats" get a good hiding.[/bcolor]

Yeah, which made it more sickening. "We actually don't need this amazing midfielder we've tapped up and snatched from you, so we're going to play him in a position we essentially see as unimportant, because we can".
I doubt Masher is regretting the move however ;)

:D:D Seem like they can be twats themselves. Here is a guy in tears after last game:

[bcolor=#fcfcff]To the bell end who threw a punch at my brother and his family who justified it because “we aren’t there every week” - thanks a lot. My 16 year old daughter in tears because someone disagreed with me suggesting a couple of subs and chose to kick off - GET A LIFE[/bcolor]

Hahaha Look at the state of this:

[bcolor=#fcfcff]Anyone know the knob who sits in 235 family stand screaming at anyone who goes early,incident occurred Saturday.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#fcfcff]Not me but i wish it was.
Fucking idiots leaving at 2.1 in a derby.
Some rags left too. [/bcolor]

[bcolor=#fcfcff]I think you mean block 236, unless there's 2 of them. He was aggressively abusing people leaving early. Ive never left early but this guy is over the top and has done similar before. Too much drink or something! [/bcolor]

[bcolor=#fcfcff]
[bcolor=#fdfbf8]At least one sensible guy there, still too polite to tell them tgo fuck off:[/bcolor]
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=#fcfcff]I once reported a guy sat a few rows in front of me for singing dead loud, "City....City"
Hurt my ears so i contacted supporter services and i got him banned for the rest of the season.
Fucks sake football isn't what it once was is it and its not just VAR that is fucking ruining football. [/bcolor]

Seem like we have been found out. At least at Redcafe:

[bcolor=#fafafa]The brand of football they play is utter wank. [/bcolor]

[bcolor=#fafafa] Long ball. Pinball. More pinball. More long ball.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#fafafa] Gash.[/bcolor]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom