• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=jexykrodic link=topic=34487.msg900144#msg900144 date=1246705221]
Having had time to get used to the idea of Michael playing for Manchester United I can't say that it leaves me with any deep feelings one way or the other.

Obviously, I've reached the stage where I've realised he isn't the player that left us for Real Madrid and his best days are behind him.

That said he will be rejuvenated by getting the chance to reassert himself with a massive club and no doubt will score freely during the times his body is injury fee.

Whilst I can't wish him good luck, I can certainly see why he would sign for Manchester United. Even given he prior allegiances it's a perfectly rational decision which the vast majority would make if they were being honest with themselves.
[/quote]

Same here. I can't wish him luck, because of who he now plays for. But, fair enough, faced with the prospect of joining Hull or Utd, I don't blame him.
Most people on here didn't want him to sign for us and think he's finished anyway so why the vitriol? If you think he's past it, you should be glad. He's taking the place of another potential big-name striker signing there and costing them money. It sounds like some wanted him to slip quietly into obscurity at Hull rather than come back and bite us. We'll find out now for sure.
Owen (or, at least, his advisors) have made terrible footballing decisions since 2004, he probably sees this as a banker of a decision. It is World Cup year after all, he won't get in the squad playing for Hull.

Like I said, "Good luck"? No. "Fuck off you cunt and I hope you get injured"? Bizarre and a bit unsettling.

New Manchester United striker Michael Owen has revealed this will be his SECOND spell at Old Trafford.

Owen admitted that he always felt that one day he might play for United, having represented them as a kid.

He said: "I came here a couple of times as a youngster. I competed in a tournament for them and met the manager.

"Over the last few years I've spoken to other players and had the idea that Sir Alex still thought I had something to offer.

"I was always clinging to the hope that he would ask me to come and play for them one day."

Whatever - except the last sentence which is a bit
Asian,%20Anime,%20Vomit.gif

[quote author=Markeh link=topic=34487.msg900183#msg900183 date=1246709771]

"I was always clinging to the hope that he would ask me to come and play for them one day."

[/quote]

What a cunt.

[quote author=Markeh link=topic=34487.msg900183#msg900183 date=1246709771]
New Manchester United striker Michael Owen has revealed this will be his SECOND spell at Old Trafford.

Owen admitted that he always felt that one day he might play for United, having represented them as a kid.

He said: "I came here a couple of times as a youngster. I competed in a tournament for them and met the manager.

"Over the last few years I've spoken to other players and had the idea that Sir Alex still thought I had something to offer.

Whatever - except the last sentence which is a bit
Asian,%20Anime,%20Vomit.gif

[/quote]

Fuckin' hell, this is getting worse by the minute.

Are there ANY apologists left NOW???

Always clinging to the hope that he'd be asked to go and play for them? Is that why he kept trying to come back to LFC? Or, by spouting this sh!te now, is he trying to take some kind of revenge for the fact that we didn't fall over ourselves with gratitude that he wanted to return?

I never thought I'd hold Paul Ince up as an example of how to behave, but he handled the switch from them to us far, FAR better than this.

[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=34487.msg900201#msg900201 date=1246711922]

The Mancs must really be loving this.
[/quote]

Most of them I know are a little worried TBH.

[quote author=Gareth link=topic=34487.msg900216#msg900216 date=1246713381]
yeah. Ronaldo and Tevez or Owen and Valencia? I know who i'd prefer.
[/quote]

Agreed, but knowing the purple bastard Owen is just the start of the transfers.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=34487.msg900231#msg900231 date=1246714724]
I removed the word censor because it was upsetting MadMax.
[/quote]

Boo! I thought it was an excellent idea.

I would've thought he'd have shown a little more diplomacy and tact.

It's almost as though he's making a point of going as far as he can with this.

Shame.

VDS

Brown - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Anderson - Park/Nani

Owen/Berbatov - Rooney

I would be over the moon if this is the team they have by the start of the season. I have a feeling they will pick up another striker though :(

[quote author=Bristow link=topic=34487.msg900279#msg900279 date=1246719155]
VDS

Brown - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Anderson - Park/Nani

Owen/Berbatov - Rooney

I would be over the moon if this is the team they have by the start of the season. I have a feeling they will pick up another striker though :(
[/quote]

They'll definitely bring in another attacker, but let's face it, with the further decline of Giggs/Scholes/Neville added to the departures, they've been significantly weakened.

"I was very happy with Michael and I wanted him to stay. The problem was he only had a year left on his contract," said Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.

Benitez, who took over at Anfield during the summer, says he will use the money generated from the Owen transfer to continue his rebuilding at the club.

He added: "Real Madrid started talking with his agent and in the end it was an impossible situation to control."

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=34487.msg900286#msg900286 date=1246719891]
"I was very happy with Michael and I wanted him to stay. The problem was he only had a year left on his contract," said Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez.

Benitez, who took over at Anfield during the summer, says he will use the money generated from the Owen transfer to continue his rebuilding at the club.

He added: "Real Madrid started talking with his agent and in the end it was an impossible situation to control."
[/quote]

fingers-crossed.jpg

he hasn't even acknowledged the liverpool fans. it's like it all never happened.

i've always had a feeling he'd end up there - he suits them. there's something about him that just never really felt like a liverpool player, in the same way that it seemed natural, despite his excellence, for the kop to never fully take to him.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=34487.msg900289#msg900289 date=1246720245]
[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=34487.msg900286#msg900286 date=1246719891]

[/quote]

fingers-crossed.jpg

[/quote]

Haha.. come on vlad, Owen more than happy to leave us as he did not say 1 bad thing about us. Hence its more than likely benitez was speaking the truth. So sorry that your image of Owen has been destroyed..

I'm with gkmacca on this, I've long defended Michael Owen and really wished he'd come back here. When I was growing up he was my Liverpool hero, and I still remember the smack in the face feeling when he left us. Today feels like he's come back to rub salt into the wound.

'Not a moments thought'

Go fuck yourself, you classless cunt.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=34487.msg900296#msg900296 date=1246720976]
I'm with gkmacca on this, I've long defended Michael Owen and really wished he'd come back here. When I was growing up he was my Liverpool hero, and I still remember the smack in the face feeling when he left us. Today feels like he's come back to rub salt into the wound.

'Not a moments thought'

Go fuck yourself, you classless cunt.
[/quote]

actually owen has not changed. he's PR campaign is geared to the manc supporters.

[quote author=barrymac20 link=topic=34487.msg900291#msg900291 date=1246720595]
Anyone see his interview on Sky? Hes dead to me. >:(
[/quote]

link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom