• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=44633.msg1332709#msg1332709 date=1305291322]
[quote author=themn link=topic=44633.msg1332655#msg1332655 date=1305288037]
He fucking said that shit, Andy Bell, and if he didn't (but he did) he DID need to make a statement to correct things.

I'm glad he's staying but don't act like Pepe's blameless and people didn't have a right to be fucked off.

I spent the best part of 2 years being a Mad Dog Wolverine at anybody who suggested that Torres was going to Chelsea.

That last Friday in January changed everything for me.

I'll be happy loving The Dirkilizer and the rest of 'em can do whatever.
[/quote]Im not 'acting like hes blameless' im suggesting that i trust Pepe more than the press. And a denial would have made it worse for me.
I dunno if he said that shit, or even what context he said it in, and im not arsed. The fact is promises were made that were broken as Stevie and other players have mentioned.
The americans (by the end of their reign) had presided over a fucking shambles where the likes of Alonso and Mascherano were being sold and Voronin and Poulsen being brought in. We went from being top 4 challenging to bottom 4 with Roy in charge and at that time the future of the club in doubt. This after being told investment was coming (as we all were) by Tom and George. He had every right (as one of only three world class players left in thw squad) to say he was pissed off and/or never say never to leaving and getting the fuck out of dodge and going any-fucking-where. He wasnt employed by the fans he was employed by the club who had LIED to him to get him to sign a new deal. Maybe he said those things IN context, if he did then it was ill advised but IF Tom and George had stayed and we had continued on the downward trend we were on, then ill be honest i would forgive world class players getting the hump and fucking off.
The reason im pissed off with Torres is that he saw the bright new dawn but used the past regime as an excuse to leave like a chief. Thats precisely why im willing to give Pepe the benefit of the doubt, hes seen things change and said fair enough, promises were broken but thats in the past and i like where we are going and want to fight to get us there (in the process miss two years o champions league football) then i say fair enough. We all said some things we shouldnt have but i for one will love Pepe pulling on our shirt next year, and will only remove this love i have for him if he does a Torres.
Hopefully his concerns are being addressed and he can see out his career here winning medals.
[/quote]

Well said. My sentiments exactly.

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=44633.msg1332714#msg1332714 date=1305291787]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=44633.msg1332709#msg1332709 date=1305291322]
He fucking said that shit, Andy Bell, and if he didn't (but he did) he DID need to make a statement to correct things.

I'm glad he's staying but don't act like Pepe's blameless and people didn't have a right to be fucked off.

I spent the best part of 2 years being a Mad Dog Wolverine at anybody who suggested that Torres was going to Chelsea.

[/quote]Im not 'acting like hes blameless' im suggesting that i trust Pepe more than the press. And a denial would have made it worse for me.
I dunno if he said that shit, or even what context he said it in, and im not arsed. The fact is promises were made that were broken as Stevie and other players have mentioned.
The americans (by the end of their reign) had presided over a fucking shambles where the likes of Alonso and Mascherano were being sold and Voronin and Poulsen being brought in. We went from being top 4 challenging to bottom 4 with Roy in charge and at that time the future of the club in doubt. This after being told investment was coming (as we all were) by Tom and George. He had every right (as one of only three world class players left in thw squad) to say he was pissed off and/or never say never to leaving and getting the fuck out of dodge and going any-fucking-where. He wasnt employed by the fans he was employed by the club who had LIED to him to get him to sign a new deal. Maybe he said those things IN context, if he did then it was ill advised but IF Tom and George had stayed and we had continued on the downward trend we were on, then ill be honest i would forgive world class players getting the hump and fucking off.
The reason im pissed off with Torres is that he saw the bright new dawn but used the past regime as an excuse to leave like a chief. Thats precisely why im willing to give Pepe the benefit of the doubt, hes seen things change and said fair enough, promises were broken but thats in the past and i like where we are going and want to fight to get us there (in the process miss two years o champions league football) then i say fair enough. We all said some things we shouldnt have but i for one will love Pepe pulling on our shirt next year, and will only remove this love i have for him if he does a Torres.
Hopefully his concerns are being addressed and he can see out his career here winning medals.
[/quote]

I see nothing to disagree with here.
[/quote]

I don't. Never mind that doublespeak about "context" and all the rest of it - if Pepe had been misrepresented he'd have sued the @rse off the paper which did it. Torres' actions aren't relevant to any of that.

haters-4.jpg

"Haters gonna hate" my fucking ring piece.

Pepe saw the bright new dawn, same as Torres.

Torres jumped, and id reviled.

Pepe stayed (not a big enough bid ?) but gave some bullshit interview. Talking about "never say never".

About Manchester U Fuck Hole nited !!

Yes, he's seen the light and stayed.

Great.

Marvellous.

He still considered those cunts as an option.

Now, I want him to shut all of the fuck up and keep goal.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=44633.msg1332728#msg1332728 date=1305292784]
[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=44633.msg1332714#msg1332714 date=1305291787]

[/quote]

I see nothing to disagree with here.
[/quote]

I don't. Never mind that doublespeak about "context" and all the rest of it - if Pepe had been misrepresented he'd have sued the @rse off the paper which did it. Torres' actions aren't relevant to any of that.
[/quote]

Did you mean to say "I dont" or "I do" JJ?

Well, you said "I see nothing (etc.)", so if I'd said "I do" I'd have been agreeing with you, which I'm afraid wasn't my intention in this case.

Good post themn.

[quote author=themn link=topic=44633.msg1332739#msg1332739 date=1305293922]

Pepe stayed (not a big enough bid ?) but gave some bullshit interview. Talking about "never say never".

Great.

Marvellous.

[/quote]...he said ignoring the fact that Torres handed in a transfer request and Pepe didnt.
Like i said Haters gonna hate. Thats your perogative and i dont expect youre arsed about my opinion.

So do the Pepe haters also hate Gerrard for putting in a transfer request to leave and go to Chelsea or is that somehow not as bad?

[quote author=KopKing link=topic=44633.msg1332753#msg1332753 date=1305294995]
So do the Pepe haters also hate Gerrard for putting in a transfer request to leave and go to Chelsea or is that somehow not as bad?
[/quote]Or Ian Rush for going to Juventus.

Yawn.

First off: it's Pepe's actions that are the issue. That stuff about "Pepe-haters" is playground garbage.

Second: Too frucking right it's worse for a Liverpool player to flutter his eyelashes at ManUre, in public, than it is to do the same at any other club, with the possible exception of the bitters, and that's never going to happen.

Third: Rushie never wanted to to go Juve, and couldn't get back quick enough.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=44633.msg1332758#msg1332758 date=1305295539]
Yawn.

First off: it's Pepe's actions that are the issue. That stuff about "Pepe-haters" is playground garbage.

Second: Too frucking right it's worse for a Liverpool player to flutter his eyelashes at ManUre, in public, than it is to do the same at any other club, with the possible exception of the bitters, and that's never going to happen.

Third: Rushie never wanted to to go Juve, and couldn't get back quick enough.
[/quote]Youre right it is about Pepe's actions, ie:NOT handing in a transfer request, NOT leaving, NOT saying he would play for manchester united, NOT forcing our hand....

etc etc.

I dont expect anyone is changing their mind here so im moving on.
Suffice it to say as far as im concerned its a miracle we kept Torres, Gerrard and Reina last summer given the shitfest we were becoming, and im delighted that two of them stayed. And seem to want to stay now the have seen what the new owners can do.
I dont really give a fuck what anyone else thinks.
Maybe he was waiting for an offer which never came. Im not going to hang him out for that. We fucked him about, not the other way around.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=44633.msg1332748#msg1332748 date=1305294692]

Great.

Marvellous.

[/quote]...he said ignoring the fact that Torres handed in a transfer request and Pepe didnt.
Like i said Haters gonna hate. Thats your perogative and i dont expect youre arsed about my opinion.
[/quote]

I didn't ignore Torres' transfer request.

I said "Torres jumped"

As in "jumped ship".

I reckon if a suitably large offer had come in for Pepe, he would have done the same.

"Haters Gonna Hate" doesn't even come into it.

I've already said I'm happy he's staying.

Granted it's not the same but there are similarities.

I'm just as disappointed as anyone about his Manc comments, but I'd rather focus on what's he done soppose to what stupid things he's said. He's been very loyal to the clubfor a long time, so much so that he couldnt believe Gerrard and Carra didnt voice out their frustrations about the Hicks era sooner, he's never handed in a transfer request an he's now speaking out in support o the future under Kenny.

Lots of cynics here would just say it's because he couldnt get a good offer, and who knows, they could be right. We'll know more in the summer if he decides to fuck off.

My point is just that UNTIL he leaves and proves he's a cunt; not ruling out a move to the Mancs is still more pardonable than making a transfer request or even worse, actually going to Hamburg, Sampdoria, Juventus or Chelsea.

I feel about him the same way I feel about a fit bird when I find out they can't cook.

They're still hot, but the respect is never going to be there.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=44633.msg1332746#msg1332746 date=1305294660]
Well, you said "I see nothing (etc.)", so if I'd said "I do" I'd have been agreeing with you, which I'm afraid wasn't my intention in this case.

Good post themn.

[/quote]

Not that its very important or anything, but if you had said "I do", you would have been disagreeing with me.

[quote author=themn link=topic=44633.msg1332765#msg1332765 date=1305295982]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=44633.msg1332748#msg1332748 date=1305294692]

Great.

Marvellous.

[/quote]

I said "Torres jumped"

As in "jumped ship".

I reckon if a suitably large offer had come in for Pepe, he would have done the same.

[/quote]Well thats just it scb, I RECKON that 'I reckon' isnt enough reason to commence the hatin.
Wether he WOULD have left is neither here nor there. Torres didnt leave BECAUSE the offer came, he left because he asked to leave.
Thats a world of different in my book.

Bottom line he
A)Signed a 5 year deal
B)Didnt ask to leave
and
C)Is still here and happy to stay.

All other information relies on a whole muss of 'i reckon'

Peace
x

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=44633.msg1332775#msg1332775 date=1305296534]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=44633.msg1332746#msg1332746 date=1305294660]

Good post themn.

[/quote]

Not that its very important or anything, but if you had said "I do", you would have been disagreeing with me.
[/quote]

For that to be true, you'd have first had to put "I don't see anything (etc.)" as opposed to what you actually wrote. :p

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=44633.msg1332778#msg1332778 date=1305296661]

Great.

Marvellous.

[/quote]

I said "Torres jumped"

As in "jumped ship".

[/quote]Well thats just it scb, I RECKON that 'I reckon' isnt enough reason to commence the hatin.
Wether he WOULD have left is neither here nor there. Torres didnt leave BECAUSE the offer came, he left because he asked to leave.

Bottom line he
A)Signed a 5 year deal
B)Didnt ask to leave
and

Peace
x
[/quote]

Come on, now, we both know that his signing a big, shiny new deal don't mean DOO-DOO !

Torres said "I have never broken a contract" as well as all the other guff he didn't mean.

Pepe didn't hand in a transfer request because a big enough offer didn't come in.

It appears he's happy to stay...

I just don't trust any of the cunts anymore.

Except The Dirkilzer.

*makes "game over" sign*

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=44633.msg1332780#msg1332780 date=1305297124]
[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=44633.msg1332775#msg1332775 date=1305296534]

Good post themn.

[/quote]

[/quote]

For that to be true, you'd have first had to put "I don't see anything (etc.)" as opposed to what you actually wrote. :p
[/quote]*has ear and nose bleed*

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=44633.msg1332780#msg1332780 date=1305297124]

Good post themn.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

" I see nothing to disagree with" is surely the same as "I dont see anything to disagree with", apart from not using seven words where six words will do. :p :p

The former may mean the same thing but it says it a different way round, as a result of which the words "I do" after it would grammatically have to mean "I too see nothing".

Is this the weirdest ever hijack of a thread on here? ;D

Glad he's stopped being a twat and he's seen clearly what Torres couldn't.

Onwards and upwards, etc.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=44633.msg1332791#msg1332791 date=1305297580]

Good post themn.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]*has ear and nose bleed*
[/quote]

Me too

Reina didn't just refuse to rule out a move to Man Utd, he said in an interview on Spanish radio:

Edwin Van der Sar has confirmed his intentions to retire at the end of the season and Sir Alex Ferguson may see the Spanish number two as the ideal replacement and Reina is 12/1 to start in goal for Manchester United in their opening league game.

Spanish radio station Onda Cero put the question to Reina and the Spaniard said: “Yes, well Van der Sar will hang up his gloves in the summer so of course they are looking.â€

“I can’t do anything. I can’t say anything logically as I have a contract with Liverpool.
â€

“I won’t lie, I want to play in the Champions League and challenge for titles,†added Reina.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/reina-121-to-replace-van-der-sar-after-refusing-to-rule-out-move_048331.html

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=44633.msg1332826#msg1332826 date=1305301407]
“Yes, well Van der Sar will hang up his gloves in the summer so of course they are looking.â€

“I can’t do anything. I can’t say anything logically as I have a contract with Liverpool.
â€

“I won’t lie, I want to play in the Champions League and challenge for titles''
[/quote]

Yeah i get it. He didnt say he would play for united or issue any come and get me plea. He said he couldnt talk about it. Maybe he meant BECAUSE he plays for Liverpool rather than he is contracted to Liverpool.
Anyhoo moving on..

[quote author=themn link=topic=44633.msg1332790#msg1332790 date=1305297541]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=44633.msg1332778#msg1332778 date=1305296661]

Great.

Marvellous.

[/quote]

I said "Torres jumped"

As in "jumped ship".

Bottom line he
A)Signed a 5 year deal
B)Didnt ask to leave
and

Peace
x
[/quote]

Come on, now, we both know that his signing a big, shiny new deal don't mean DOO-DOO !

Torres said "I have never broken a contract" as well as all the other guff he didn't mean.

Pepe didn't hand in a transfer request because a big enough offer didn't come in.

It appears he's happy to stay...

I just don't trust any of the cunts anymore.

Except The Dirkilzer.

*makes "game over" sign*
[/quote]

Are you are aware that Dirk spoke to Inter or isn't that the same either?

Can we all please agree that there's a difference between going to some foreign club and going to Man Utd?

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=44633.msg1332842#msg1332842 date=1305302297]
Can we all please agree that there's a difference between going to some foreign club and going to Man Utd?
[/quote]

I'm sure this point has already been made about 99 pages back, but Pepe is a Spaniard and therefore cannot be expected to have nursed a lifelong hatred of Man United. To him it is just another club in the EPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom