• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PL Opposition Tidbits

1-jpg.3073
2-jpg.3072
3-jpg.3071
4-jpg.3074

Robertson's injury a factor?

GBnmd5hXMAAgDPj

Like others I think letting Cooper go is a daft decision, but Nuno did well at Wolves. His time at Tottenham was admittedly a car crash but there's more to Nuno than that.

Afterall, their owner "appointed a fifth manager in 14 months at Olympiacos". o_O
It's nonsensical it really is, especially when it's the same guy responsible for bringing in the 4 before him. People like this don't really belong in football but they are. The Watford owner is another one.

Like others I think letting Cooper go is a daft decision, but Nuno did well at Wolves. His time at Tottenham was admittedly a car crash but there's more to Nuno than that.

I thought he took the Riyal in Saudi?

[edit] Bloody hell, he did and got sacked! Add that to Spurs and why the fuck would you hire him when YOU KNOW the fans are going to be pissed you sacked their guy

Dan Ashworth - will be a coup for Man Utd and quite a loss for Newcastle, if the move happens.

Speaking of which, I assume Jorg Schmadtke is still with us?
I asked the same a few weeks back with no answer on here.

Even without any money for the window we still need to sort out loans / outgoings. Nat will be returning unless we find him another six month loan (Celtic not interested) and it looks like we'll recall Carvalho

I asked the same a few weeks back with no answer on here.

Even without any money for the window we still need to sort out loans / outgoings. Nat will be returning unless we find another six month loan and it looks like we'll recall Carvalho
Just saw a tweet regarding him, posted it here

Also an article on TIA

The club may now be left to seek a full-time successor, though it remains to be seen who will be targeted to take over.
A move for Max Eberl, who left his position at RB Leipzig in September, is seen as unlikely, with the 50-year-old instead due to take an executive job at Bayern Munich as per This Is Anfield‘s David Lynch.
Christoph Freund is another who had been touted with a move to Liverpool, but he himself joined as Bayern sporting director earlier this year.
Liverpool have downplayed previous links with Paul Mitchell, the departing Monaco sporting director, while Sven Mislintat was quickly ruled out and Tim Steidten has joined West Ham as technical director.

If the Mancs fetch Ashworth in, that could well be a huge step forward for them. They've had no-one comparable behind the scenes since David Gill left, which IMO was as serious a blow for them as losing Ginsoak. Hopefully the Toon will make Ashworth an offer he can't refuse - not that I'm particularly happy he's there, but rather there than at Old Toilet.

"
Robbie Savage
Ex-Wales midfielder on TNT Sports
It's quite remarkable. I remember them [Manchester City] playing Macclesfield Town. They're now playing to be the best team in the world. It's remarkable what Pep Guardiola has done."

jesus what a tool

He also got binned in Saudiland pretty fast too. But yes, he did quite well at Wolves for a bit. Had actually forgotten about Spurs tbh

The Saudi league's basically a freak show though. I wouldn't pay any more attention to success than to supposed failure in that Mickey Mouse set-up.

So @Beamrider or anyone else that gets this. How are the Man U shares being bought by Trawlers PLC? I get that INEOS will fund the purchase of 25% of the Glazer/woodward stash of Class B but how are they guaranteeing they can by 25% of the Class A shares? How do they control the price and sale of these as the Glazers don’t own them?

I understand the end goal will be 17% of total class B and 8% total of class A to make 25% overall. I just don’t understand how they can control the class A sale

So @Beamrider or anyone else that gets this. How are the Man U shares being bought by Trawlers PLC? I get that INEOS will fund the purchase of 25% of the Glazer/woodward stash of Class B but how are they guaranteeing they can by 25% of the Class A shares? How do they control the price and sale of these as the Glazers don’t own them?

I understand the end goal will be 17% of total class B and 8% total of class A to make 25% overall. I just don’t understand how they can control the class A sale
Not seen the paperwork but I expect they will have made an offer to buy the shares at a fixed price (and the current listing price will reflect that offer).
I believe the shares are listed on NYSE so I expect there will be rules about pricing. In an equivalent offer in the UK, there are rules (City Code) about the minimum price that must be paid, but I'm pretty sure they will control the price by dictating what they're prepared to pay, take it or leave it.
And they'll have had advice on the minimum price they'll need to pay to secure 8%. In practice, there'll probably be more willing sellers than they need and they'll either go first come first served or reduce the buy pro rata.

Reactions: dee
Redcafe after comeback win at home:

Sir Dave’s halftime injections worked a treat

Garnacho and Hojlund could be world class.

Let's goooooo

We will win every game from now on. Watch this space!

This is one of the funniest videos I've seen in a long while. Listen to the part about Dele Alli.

Its sweet and adorable that they think the match with Everton means something when compared to the NW Derby with Man U. Beating Man U has always meant more.

Back
Top Bottom