• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Bournemouth (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onwards and hopefully upwards too.
Newcastle away is gonna be a tough one.

That red card better get overturned, with an apology to boot.

We need Ali Mac back for next weekend.

Newcastle next weekend is going to be a tough watch.

That red card better get overturned, with an apology to boot.

We need Ali Mac back for next weekend.

Newcastle next weekend is going to be a tough watch.
I'm not sure if it will. No intent but his studs were up. Which means Endo will start.

Diaz, Szobo stand out.

Barring 1 cock up 1st half, VVD and Konate were great in general.

Ali made important saves 2nd half. Shaky 1st.

Salah was also good overall, barring the incredible greed.

Diaz, Szobo stand out.

Barring 1 cock up 1st half, VVD and Konate were great in general.

Salah was also good overall, barring the incredible greed.

Was about to say the same thing about szob and diaz, great stuff.

I'm not sure if it will. No intent but his studs were up. Which means Endo will start.
Well, the studs are almost always up in those situations. I've checked different fan forums, even Man U fans are saying that it's yellow at most. Some are jokingly saying that Casemiro will be sent off now.

Last edited:
Oh, and Szobo looks an incredible athlete.

A couple of Gerrard-like bursts of pace today. Looked like a beast on the pitch today in the 2nd half when he powered past 2 Bournemouth defenders.

Get a mobile DM behind him and Mac, get another RB to push TAA, and we're going to be cooking again.

1. Diaz
2. Szobo
3. Ibou

Robbo was partly at fault for their goal (missed his tackle) but otherwise much improved. VvD excellent bar his heading from corners (should have at least got two on target). Ibou very good. Mac very good up to the Red. Jota hot and cold. Mo should have done better. Gakpo should have done better. Trent below par again.

A couple of Gerrard-like bursts of pace today. Looked like a beast on the pitch today in the 2nd half when powered past 2 Bournemouth defenders.

Get a mobile DM behind him and Mac, get another RB to push TAA, and we're going to be cooking again.
Hahaha Klopp buying another right back. We'll probably loan Milner back if Trent gets injured lol.

Szob was standout , liked Jota throughout too , vvd looked much improved from 30 mins onwards , the red card threw us off course , quick goal aside but game management was tidy enough for last 30 mins

A couple of Gerrard-like bursts of pace today. Looked like a beast on the pitch today in the 2nd half when he powered past 2 Bournemouth defenders.

That's why I was so excited when we were sale agreed on Caicedo.
With him Szoboszlai and Mac in the midfield we were a title challenger again

Don’t think the red will be overturned, unfortunately - on appeal the in-game context (both players going for the ball in exactly the same manner) will be forgotten and the letter of the law (his studs were up!) will be the only thing considered. So it’s Endo at #6 for Newcastle, unless we sign someone quickly.

Speaking of Endo, I liked his decision-making with the ball and positioning, doesn’t seem out of place or fazed at all. However some questions about his tackling and also needs to get more used to the level of physicality in the EPL. Anyway, good to have him here.

Last edited:
That's why I was so excited when we were sale agreed on Caicedo.
With him Szoboszlai and Mac in the midfield we were a title challenger again

Yep, I was excited too, although I don't think what he does is worth 115m, he would have turned us into title contenders.

I think we can still be title contenders with a very mobile, aggressive DM. Even Doucoure. Just someone who can get around the pitch like Konate does for us (when he's covering TAA). Get a physical monster in there who plays it simple, Dom and Mac will do the rest. And we know the front 5 have goals in them.

Great win, 3 points, good performance after the first 20 mins
Hopefully nothing serious for Trent and Diaz.
Very very harsh red card.
Szobo a superstar. As some of us said he would be.
Good debut by Endo.

Don’t think the red will be overturned, unfortunately - on appeal the in-game context (both players going for the ball in exactly the same way) will be forgotten and the letter of the law (his studs were up!) will prevail. So it’s Endo at the #6 for Newcastle, unless we sign someone quickly.

Speaking of Endo, I liked his decision-making with the ball and positioning, doesn’t seem out of place or phased at all. However some questions about his tackling and also needs to get more used to the level of physicality here. Anyway, good to have him here.

He looks an intelligent football with good technique and can take the ball well (TAA take note). However, pace of the game seemed to be too much for him. He needs a few easy games to acclimitise. I'm not sure Newcastle away, with their pace and power, is the place for him.

I was hoping Stefan got a run out today and could do a 45min job for us next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom