• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Forest (a) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp needs to prove he can rebuild a squad, as this one's fallen apart

Nah this isn't the end of Klopp. But virtually the entire team needs an overhaul. He needs to be backed with building a new side. But FSG won't do that. That lineup today was shocking. Too many injury prone players, too many past their best. We need an entirely new midfield, we need a new defence, and another forward player.

We will see. A transfer must make sense now and in the long-term,” he said. “We have eight midfielders. We still have enough midfielders. It’s not that we lack midfielders, it’s just some of them are injured. This isn’t a good situation, I don’t like it at all. We have to see how we react on that, but for sure not panic.

Sometimes he's just full of shit.

One of Origi or minamino should have been kept only Nunez and Firmino as strikers means no cover when injuries occur.

Cannonier really needs to be fast tracked to the first team. We've got zero depth, and we're without Jota and Diaz for a while.

Darwin seems to be our only consistent threat
Said that at the start. Was just odd by Klopp. He never seems to learn

Honestly are we creating sick notes or signing them? Do we need to give some of them the Ledley King training regime?

Said that at the start. Was just odd by Klopp. He never seems to learn

A few of us said it in the summer that we were very light up top, and relying on everyone maintaining form or coming in hot.

Other than balancing books, letting taki go was criminal

Why it the Ox still at the club.? Gomez and Keita for that matter...? I like Keita, but he is juried far to often

Last edited:
What's all this era ending bollocks ?

Fucking hell

Stick jota , Diaz , Nunez and matip back into the squad and were fucking night and day going to be different

Injuries are shagging us , lightweight squad , no investment but end of an era ? Fuck off

It's his first great team that's coming to an end.

I'm happy to give Klopp the time to see if he can build another. There's nobody else I trust anyway

I never said it's the end of Klopp. Klopp is by far the best manager of our time, at least for me, so he gets all the respect he deserves.

But i dont think FSG will back him with blockbuster signings. One could argue, they never really have 100%.

But i know an era ending when i see one. And this is one.

It will get trickier for Klopp, make no mistake about it. But I hope he doesn't have to go through similarly to what Arsenal went through with Arsene during his later years. That would be too horrible an experience for Klopp and for those who adores him.

Unless Nunez turns into a Haaland overnight or if we buy a world class midfielder in the next window, i really struggle to see us turning things around.

Remember that deja vu feeling of 'turning corners' ? This will be Klopp's first ever one.

What's all this era ending bollocks ?

Fucking hell

Stick jota , Diaz , Nunez and matip back into the squad and were fucking night and day going to be different

Injuries are shagging us , lightweight squad , no investment but end of an era ? Fuck off

Yeah because that kind of performance has been a one off this season when we had less injuries...

Raz and Mbbr can fuck off with the Klopp out shite.

Nobody has said Klopp out you fool. But he has lost the plot. I’d have picked a better 1st 11 today with what he had available. He had 2 goalkeepers on the bench. What?

We will see. A transfer must make sense now and in the long-term,” he said. “We have eight midfielders. We still have enough midfielders. It’s not that we lack midfielders, it’s just some of them are injured. This isn’t a good situation, I don’t like it at all. We have to see how we react on that, but for sure not panic.

Sometimes he's just full of shit.

If you have owners who turn a deaf ear to the warnings he'll definitely have given them, and you don't want them to fire you for disloyalty, what else can you say?

Players are all getting faster and fitter, but somehow we decided to go for a team of Rob Joneses. And why are we leaving out Tsimikas? No one has created more goals than he has this season.

Exactly. People are blaming Klopp for the lineup, but we've got a run of games coming up thick and fast, and our players are dropping like flies and struggling for match fitness and form. It's bloody Forest which anyone would be forgiven for not playing their best team.

This isn't FF or CM you know.

When have jota , Diaz ,Nunez , Salah and Bobby all been fit together ? Not once. . What about thiago, fabs , hendo ? Probably 2/3 league games , what about matip , Gomez and vvd ? Probably about 1/2 league games..

No wonder were struggling , were probably knackered and papering over the cracks in the physios room every Monday morning.

Complete the same exercise or even match day squad exercise with 95% of prem teams and tell me theyre not going to have a drop in form

If you have owners who turn a deaf ear to the warnings he'll definitely have given them, and you don't want them to fire you for disloyalty, what else can you say?

Well JJ, he's said he was content with his midfield options, and I'm content to take him at his word. I don't know what warnings he might or might not have given them, and I don't care to speculate.

But, perchance you've correctly divined the most popular manager we've had in decades has been hamstrung by the owners and cannot speak up for fear of the sack, then we might as well give up all hope.

We've had injuries all along. What we haven't had is a properly refreshed squad. He's been having to squeeze blood out of a stone and that only goes so far.

Yes, there's been injuries, but it's not the only reason. We've regularly had injuries during his tenure and he's still coped. This is different. They're not playing well and the players look like they can't and/or won't put the effort in. I think heads and legs have gone and a big refresh is needed.

In any case, with the injuries, Klopp and/or FSG should've done more about that in the summer. Everyone knew we needed more top class midfielders - plural - with this aging squad, as well as another body up top. They didn't do it. And the same, usual suspects have gotten injured again, and we're relying on kids and ox off the bench to drag us out the shit. It worked for 5 years, but all those same players are 5 years older now and it's not gonna fly anymore.

I'm hoping he can build one. Problem is do FSG want to bankroll it

They didn't bankroll the first one.

Now that we don't have a training ground to build or the stadium to extend, they don't have excuses for not spending on the team

When have jota , Diaz ,Nunez , Salah and Bobby all been fit together ? Not once. . What about thiago, fabs , hendo ? Probably 2/3 league games , what about matip , Gomez and vvd ? Probably about 1/2 league games..

No wonder were struggling , were probably knackered and papering over the cracks in the physios room every Monday morning.

Complete the same exercise or even match day squad exercise with 95% of prem teams and tell me theyre not going to have a drop in form

Then stop persevering with aging, injury-prone players and get more reliable, fresher people in. And as I said, it's not just injuries. We've been woeful all season, Bournemouth, City and the second half of Rangers aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom