• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Burnley (a) - Boxing Day - 5:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team tire and got tore a new one when their young winger on the left came on, otherwise we were fine.

Trent was fine, showed alot of energy and commitment to defend rather than his usual AWOL and leaving the space for the RCB to cover.

Trent was fine, not sure Ibsaw any defensive short comings and constant threat with smart outlet balls unless you were Southgate watching.

I don't get this whole "back 6 carrying us", what is that about?

How many clean sheets have we kept this season in all comps? How many goals have we scored?

Don't know what are you trying to argue about. Excluding the mad Fulham game (where Kelleher was responsible for 2 goals), we've conceded 4 goals in the last 10 Premier League games, which included Man City and Arsenal. This is title-winning defence form. Our problem has been forwards being unable to finish their numerous chances.

Don't know what are you trying to argue about. Excluding the mad Fulham game (where Kelleher was responsible for 2 goals), we've conceded 4 goals in the last 10 Premier League games, which included Man City and Arsenal. This is title-winning defence form. Our problem has been forwards being unable to finish their numerous chances.

We've also scored 19 in the last 10 Premier League games? How is that being carried by our back 6? 2nd top scorers in the league. Today our forwards got us the 3 points, Fulham our midfield 3 bailed out terrible defence, at Palace Harvey and Salah had to bail us out from defensive mistakes.

This isn't a side being carried by the back 6.

We've also scored 19 in the last 10 Premier League games? How is that being carried by our back 6? 2nd top scorers in the league. Today our forwards got us the 3 points, Fulham our midfield 3 bailed out terrible defence, at Palace Harvey and Salah had to bail us out from defensive mistakes.

This isn't a side being carried by the back 6.

Agree to disagree, I guess. Our inability to convert chances is what puts our defence under pressure and they have been holding up very well recently. I’m really happy with the current back 6, particularly since Gomez found form and Endo settled.

And with Trent as our RB. Who would have thought.

Great performance considering we are at the pointy end of a long run of games in close proximity and have a bucket load of injuries to first team players.

If not for their keeper we’d have won 5-0.
Great to see us win without Salah being involved for a change.
Brilliant to have Nunez not only score but score a belter. Great for confidence.
Weird he was adjusted to have fouled the defender when the defender himself didn’t protest at all.
Jota back is huge.
Diaz unlucky their keeper made a great save and he set up the second. Good cameo for his confidence.
Lovely to see Gomez going from strength to strength.
All in all a great night.
We should be 7pts clear but 2pts will have to do.

It has been a lovely spell for the defence, so I'm very happy. For me, it's down to endo

Top of the league on boxing day, round of 16 in the Europa league and semis in the league cup.
I love the new team Klopp is building. Fucking love it. Need some more additions and more time to gel, but its so enjoyable to be good again.
The future is red and bright.

Merry Christmas!

He was pretty good defensively today. @binomial will disagree, of course.
The few times their winger had a go at him, he was bypassed....thankfully we were compact enough as a unit to not let that happen more often. Endo and Quansah were very good closing the spaces.

The less we ask of Trent defensively, the better. Thankfully for 80mins today, Burnley didn't put up much of a fight.

It has been a lovely spell for the defence, so I'm very happy. For me, it's down to endo

I think it’s Virgil being back to his best - no one is going near him again, the fear factor is back. And Endo is a big factor too - even when he’s getting bypassed he usually slows down the attacks enough for the CBs to step in and deal with the situation. Today there were also a few unlikely ball-winners, the likes of Elliott and Salah sticking their boot in in the crucial moment. As usual, when the team defends well, it’s down to every player doing their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom