• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Fulham (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we got a RW lined up

We will, despite us moaning contantly about dcm over the summer. I reckon we have a boss young RW lined up to work with Mo, but I have no idea whom though. Would imagine it would be someone I guess who can play through the middle. Jonathon Liew reckons, the next revolution would be age of dribblers so let’s see…

Didnt watch the game. In the highlights, when the commentator screamed Macaaaallisteeeer, created a jolt of happy flashback from the past. God, I loved that winner.

I think Jota or Diaz, not convinced by Doak either. We may just buy a RW this Jan to bed in over next 6 months I reckon.

Yes, Mo's successor would be the exception for sell to buy. But if we're looking for someone on the left or down the middle, I don't think we need more numbers.

I'm fine with Jota. He has limitations but scores key goals. Diaz I still need convincing by.

Not sure we've put a timescale on it yet but probably not before the start of Feb.

Then when Robbo comes back, & Kostas hasn't picked up an injury.....guess what? We'll have 3 LB's with no use for the one we just signed.

Better to sign for a position you're short in, which for us is at RB. We have problems to fix at RB right now.....we don't have a problem at LB right now.
This 'problem at RB' that needs fixing. How are you going to fix it without moving TAA into midfield? Which then creates another issue.

With Gomez and Bradley we have good cover at RB. DM & CB are the positions we need to cover/improve on.

Last edited:
I think Jota or Diaz, not convinced by Doak either. We may just buy a RW this Jan to bed in over next 6 months I reckon.
Doak has only just turned 18 ! Plenty of time and the fact he's getting competitive experience in the first team at his age can only bear fruit further down the line.

Doak has only just turned 18 ! Plenty of time and the fact he's getting competitive experience in the first team at his age can only bear fruit further down the line.

I hope so but having watched youngsters who have smashed the door open with opportunity, he seems often injured. It’s going to have to be someone special to break through for us.

He is gonna cost some money, but Kudus has started well for West Ham.

They paid 40 mill I think? Will be double soon, but worth it. X-factor the other forwards kind of lack. Apart from Nunez who has that, but not the finishing.

Late winner, four belters, no VAR bollocks, good results in the other games too. Great weekend this

Badly need Ali back asap though. The defending was shit but Kelleher did a Karius for the goals

Late winner, four belters, no VAR bollocks, good results in the other games too. Great weekend this

Badly need Ali back asap though. The defending was shit but Kelleher did a Karius for the goals
Matip got injured though.

Time for the Sheff Utd pre match thread @Brizzle

Of course they had to fire their manager today so the new manager bounce will happen on Wednesday.

Is it really a "new manager bounce" though when he's been there before? We've played Wilder's Sheffield multiple times before and beat them every time.

think-smart.gif

Not sure we've put a timescale on it yet but probably not before the start of Feb.

Then when Robbo comes back, & Kostas hasn't picked up an injury.....guess what? We'll have 3 LB's with no use for the one we just signed.

Better to sign for a position you're short in, which for us is at RB. We have problems to fix at RB right now.....we don't have a problem at LB right now.
Depends on who we sign... And if the are better than Robbo, and Kostas

If Salah goes in Jan, and we get £175m, we can't get 5 players unless 3-4 leave. Get a #6, Thuram is the best fit, and if not Thuram a Dutch player and a CB.
If Salah leaves in January the first signing we'd make would be a RW player.
Whatever is left will then possibly be spent on a Thuram but I honestly don't think Klopp will sign anyone else in Jan. Unless we get some serious injuries or someone is subject to a £175 mill bid

There is NO chance Salah leaves this January. No point talking about it.
He's defo leaving for AFCON though.

The Africa Cup of Nations returns this campaign and the tournament is set to have a big impact on the Premier League season.

As usual, the prestigious competition will be taking place over the British winter, beginning on January 13, 2024 and running until February 11.

That means that key players such as Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah are set to miss crucial fixtures for their clubs over that period.

OT but what was Spiderman-Neil like when he was here?

Trying to get him to back a 10 year long awaited comeback.

He's defo leaving for AFCON though.

The Africa Cup of Nations returns this campaign and the tournament is set to have a big impact on the Premier League season.

As usual, the prestigious competition will be taking place over the British winter, beginning on January 13, 2024 and running until February 11.

That means that key players such as Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah are set to miss crucial fixtures for their clubs over that period.

Nah no biggy. he misses a Bournemouth and a Chelsea match. Maybe an arsenal match. Maybe not (Feb 3)

OT but what was Spiderman-Neil like when he was here?

Trying to get him to back a 10 year long awaited comeback.
Lol, I tried doing the same. What was it with him and full backs btw...I don't remember
Anyway, he was pretty active. Not sure why he left, I think it was some kind of disagreement.

I thought Robbo was due back early January not February? Or is that wishful thinking? Not that Tsimi isn't doing well, he is.

Don't we have Joe Gomez and Conor Bradley for RB?

Tsimikas, Chambers and Scanlon for LB.

I'll say they're equally in need of reinforcement. Hopefully we target a CB who is good enough at LB/RB as well.

Though, what did you guys think of Fulham's Antonee Robinson? Seemed to totally dominate Salah and made an assist as well. 29 years old and Homegrown

Don't we have Joe Gomez and Conor Bradley for RB?

Tsimikas, Chambers and Scanlon for LB.

I'll say they're equally in need of reinforcement. Hopefully we target a CB who is good enough at LB/RB as well.

Though, what did you guys think of Fulham's Antonee Robinson? Seemed to totally dominate Salah and made an assist as well. 29 years old and Homegrown

He's 26, and I mentioned him in the transfer thread. Does he count as homegrown despite being a yank?

He plays for the USMNT, and I saw him play in person in Austin last week v Trinidad in the Nation's League Thingy. He looked good and scored the opener from outside the box. Super fast not the finished article, but with a few Klopp hugs you never know.

He's Liverpool raised and a product of the Everton academy....

He was born in Milton Keynes and raised in Liverpool, England. His father was born in England but raised in White Plains, New York and gained American citizenship. Robinson is also of Jamaican descent through his paternal grandmother.

He plays for the USMNT, and I saw him play in person in Austin last week v Trinidad in the Nation's League Thingy. He looked good and scored the opener from outside the box. Super fast not the finished article, but with a few Klopp hugs you never know.

He's Liverpool raised and a product of the Everton academy....

He was born in Milton Keynes and raised in Liverpool, England. His father was born in England but raised in White Plains, New York and gained American citizenship. Robinson is also of Jamaican descent through his paternal grandmother.
He's nearly 27 so I doubt if he'll ever be the 'finished article'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom