• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Fulham (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would start Jones and not because I desperately want to earn @moron ’s “Like” (which of course I do!), but because he always looks better at LCM and Gravvy can be a bit inconsistent. Jones was rusty in his first game back and mostly out of position in the 2nd, but he has enough credit in the bank to persist with him.
Its Ok @rurikbird , no need to cover the shameless, you had me at "I would start Jones"

Need a LB, a RB, a CB, DM and another Striker
We don't need a LB and we sure don't need another striker.

Kostas is doing just fine and Robbo is on the way back.

I'd make a DM and RB priority in Jan. £20-25m on a cover RB and £30-35m on a starting DM.

Or better yet start Endo and use that money on a CB seeing as we're gonna need at least 1 in the summer anyway.

I suppose the argument for a striker is that we don't really have anyone consistent at putting the ball in the net other than Salah

In finishing ability across our main 5 forwards it's probably:
Salah
Jota
Gakpo
Nunez
Diaz

3 out of the 5 I can't say I'd overly rely on for a prolonged period (and I love Nunez). You could argue we need either 1) a young striker (like 18) chomping at the bit, or 2) a journeyman but consistent goalscorer.

I suppose the argument for a striker is that we don't really have anyone consistent at putting the ball in the net other than Salah

Salah
Jota
Gakpo
Nunez
Diaz

3 out of the 5 I can't say I'd overly rely on for a prolonged period (and I love Nunez). You could argue we need either 1) a young striker (like 18) chomping at the bit, or 2) a journeyman but consistent goalscorer.

What striker are we gonna sign now that'll score more than any of them and isn't gonna cost the world?

If we had problems putting the ball in the net collectively then ok but we score enough and we're constantly creating a shed load to be able to score 3-4 goals and not necessarily be clinical. Our midfielders are chipping in with goals when needed, which is partly their job too.

Sorry but after today no one is convincing me we don't need a RB and DM (if we're not gonna play Endo). We have huge problems back there.

We're gonna have to make due with what we have I'm afraid. No chance we buy a striker.

Kostas is doing just fine and Robbo is on the way back.

I'd make a DM and RB priority in Jan. £20-25m on a cover RB and £30-35m on a starting DM.

Or better yet start Endo and use that money on a CB seeing as we're gonna need at least 1 in the summer anyway.

Robbo is out til when..? Tsimikas could pick up a injury at and time...

We have cover at RB with Gomez and If we sell Salah we will need another striker

IF we could get all of the for £150m it would be great, but just ment that we need players in those positions...
Our priority should be a LB and a CB
We just gave Tsimikas a new contract. Don't see it happening.
The money we get from Salah should go to signing a RW

Robbo is out til when..? Tsimikas could pick up a injury at and time...

We have cover at RB with Gomez and If we sell Salah we will need another striker
Not sure we've put a timescale on it yet but probably not before the start of Feb.

Then when Robbo comes back, & Kostas hasn't picked up an injury.....guess what? We'll have 3 LB's with no use for the one we just signed.

Better to sign for a position you're short in, which for us is at RB. We have problems to fix at RB right now.....we don't have a problem at LB right now.

unpopular opinion maybe...but I think it was a foul by Tsimikas and I was expecting the refs to chalk it off
Yeah he could've done but then remembered it's a contact sport as well.

It looks more of a foul because Kostas has the run on Reid but really it's just 2 players contesting for a ball to be won & both end up on their backsides.

Btw, never seen us score 4 with all goals coming from shots outside the box.
Lots of (smaller clubs ) play with packed defence against us, so shooting from range is a logical tatic.

Yeah he could've done but then remembered it's a contact sport as well.

It looks more of a foul because Kostas has the run on Reid but really it's just 2 players contesting for a ball to be won & both end up on their backsides.
Yeah I feel like we would have said foul if the situation was reversed

Lots of (smaller clubs ) play with packed defence against us, so shooting from range is a logical tatic.
True, why didn't we think of this before...
Seriously, it's really rare to score 4 goals like that in one game

I don't think so.

We were never in control of the game, but we created enough chances to score 6 or 7.

Fulham maybe could have scored 1 more, but 2 of their goals were soft. Keheller should have done better. It's a worry having him goal these days. He's regressed.

As for Darwin, well, I don't think we'll ever win anything with him as our CF. When Salah leaves, we're behind both Arsenal and City's front 3, possibly Spurs and Villa's too. Diaz is very wasteful. Flatters to deceive.

And for all those questioning Klopp's subs, I mean, Endo did pretty damn good in the end. Goes to show why he'd paid the big bucks to manage us.

Now I'm off to go drink some Redcafe tears.

at 2:40.

Your move...:D

Salah
Jota
Gakpo
Nunez
Diaz

Gotta sell one to buy one IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom