• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Real Madrid - CL FINAL - Sat 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Pretty much everyone was under par. You could call it unfortunate but we had far too many players out of form coming into this game. Salah, Diaz, Henderson, Tiago, TAA, Robertson (in terms of his delivery), Jota. I just hoped that we might have some heroes who would break the mould today, but it was all incredibly tame. What a forgettable final.

yep
we got shots on goal, but we were just going through the motions

I disagree. Pretty much everyone was under par. You could call it unfortunate but we had far too many players out of form coming into this game. Salah, Diaz, Henderson, Tiago, TAA, Robertson (in terms of his delivery), Jota. I just hoped that we might have some heroes who would break the mould today, but it was all incredibly tame. What a forgettable final.

Thiago - I can excuse, a few days after an injury.

Henderson - I think he should take Milner's role as a leader and primary midfielder off bench.

Salah - it's a final. Salah doesn't perform when the games need him most. "Revenge" my ass.

Diaz - Felt he was given no protection and was better in the 2nd half before coming off. BUt yes, below par.

TAA - poor.

Robbo - very hot and cold 2nd half ... Tsimikas should play more next season.

Jota - poor since Diaz came in ... He needs to play centrally ...

Curtois was easily the best player on the field, he made the difference when they needed him. Finals are usually decided on small margins and he made that difference.

That said too many of our players, particularly from midfield onwards let the game pass them by. Thiago looked like he was struggling and I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he was not fit and we gambled on his ability.

Trent was probably the only one that stank the place out completely. That was a 2021 vintage Trent passing masterclass.

Things we must do in the summer - We need to rebuild the midfield urgently. Ox, Keita etc - bye. We need a ball carrying midfielder and start rebuilding here, because our midfield is good but against good teams, is bypassed often.
Agreed. Think the next 2 summers we need a top quality midfielder.

Thiago can't be relied upon for fitness
Henderson is the wrong side of 30 too.

UEFA are cunts. They didn't kill me in 1989 but they fucking tried to do it tonight. I don't care about the result, i just want someone to put it straight to those corporate bastards who would put their profit over our lives
Oh shit. Are you OK?

Thiago - I can excuse, a few days after an injury.

Henderson - I think he should take Milner's role as a leader and primary midfielder off bench.

Salah - it's a final. Salah doesn't perform when the games need him most. "Revenge" my ass.

Diaz - Felt he was given no protection and was better in the 2nd half before coming off. BUt yes, below par.

TAA - poor.

Robbo - very hot and cold 2nd half ... Tsimikas should play more next season.

Jota - poor since Diaz came in ... He needs to play centrally ...
I don't think Salah was particularly bad. Another game he'd have had a hattrick. The rest I agree with.

UEFA are cunts. They didn't kill me in 1989 but they fucking tried to do it tonight. I don't care about the result, i just want someone to put it straight to those corporate bastards who would put their profit over our lives

What the fuck happened?

From @Spionkop69

As for the scenes outside ground before kick off, 3 people who’s opinion I trust have said “the scenes were worse than Hillsborough”, another with a ticket, who was caught in crush walked away from the ground “it’s only a game of football”, and “women and children crushed and tear gassed after queuing for 3 hours.”

I don't think Salah was particularly bad. Another game he'd have had a hattrick. The rest I agree with.

Your biggest players need to play at this stage.
He's consistently never done that in finals.
Yes Courtois was brilliant, but he's meant to be one of the best players today ... and he just doesn't show up when we need him most.

From @Spionkop69

As for the scenes outside ground before kick off, 3 people who’s opinion I trust have said “the scenes were worse than Hillsborough”, another with a ticket, who was caught in crush walked away from the ground “it’s only a game of football”, and “women and children crushed and tear gassed after queuing for 3 hours.”
I was at hillsborough. This was as bad. I'm done with a sport that puts profit before lives

Liverpool FC has issued the following statement.

We are hugely disappointed at the stadium entry issues and breakdown of the security perimeter that Liverpool fans faced this evening at Stade de France.

This is the greatest match in European football and supporters should not have to experience the scenes we have witnessed tonight.

We have officially requested a formal investigation into the causes of these unacceptable issues.

Question.. What happened to heavy metal football?

We strolled this game, played it the way Madrid wanted. A lot of half hearted effort. Their Keeper was great but many of the shots were savable by any decent keeper.

Salah should have scored that goal. That was the only real chance. We look the same chess players in all finals, and the city match at Maine road. It's like we're afraid to go for it in the big games.

It wasn just a delay in getting in, don't let them downplay it like that. We were getting crushed while the police and stewards looked on and shrugged from inside the barriers

It wasn just a delay in getting in, don't let them downplay it like that. We were getting crushed while the police and stewards looked on and shrugged from inside the barriers
I’ve seen some horrible footage of fans being peppered sprayed
awful outside for some of those fans, fucken disgrace !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom