• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match: Union Saint-Gilloise (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would beat any Utd side that’s played away this season. Million percent.

That is absolutely the sort of thinking that leads us to a scrappy 1-0 home defeat.

They don’t need to win - they can just sit back, defend in numbers, suck us in and hit on the counter.

2 things guaranteed to happen :
- Onana has the game of his life
- Hojlund scores his first EPL goal.

We should never take a game against these fuckers lightly - especially when their pride is at stake.

Zero chances taken - the best “condolences” we could offer them, would be to thrash them harder than the 7-0 last year - but we won’t - this one will be as tight as Dolly’s rear end before @Jürgen4PM has had a crack at it.

That is absolutely the sort of thinking that leads us to a scrappy 1-0 home defeat.

They don’t need to win - they can just sit back, defend in numbers, suck us in and hit on the counter.

We should never take a game against these fuckers lightly - especially when their pride is at stake.

Zero chances taken - the best “condolences” we could offer them, would be to thrash them harder than the 7-0 last year - but we won’t - this one will be as tight as Dolly’s rear end before @Jürgen4PM has had a crack at it.
Spot on, if our players go into this one thinking the score is 7-0, we're fucked

I've already accepted the fact that Hojlund scores his first goal against us.

Spot on, if our players go into this one thinking the score is 7-0, we're fucked

Yup - they’ll sit back, look to counter any try to nick one.

If we can get a goal early on - we’ll do them.

If they nick one early, even if it’s against the run of play - we could be in for a long afternoon.

I've already accepted the fact that Hojlund scores his first goal against us.

I’m just hoping Darwin turns up - at least Utd will probably sit so deep it’s impossible for him to stray offside.

He really struggles against teams that sit off and don't give him space to run into
You see this isn't really true. If you study the goals he scored in Portugal - I did and posted the stats here before - you'll find almost half of them were scored from within 6m. Nothing to do with space to run into. He's actually a very good poacher when not blazing over from 2m.

I love that we care so little about this game that we have started talking about the next one in the match thread!

List B players - play them!

GK: Pitaluga, Mrozek
DF: Chambers, Bradley, Quansah
MF: Elliot, Bajetic, McConnell, Koumas, Scanlon
FW: Gordon, Frauendorf

Doak and Clark are in the squad as well but I heard Clark is injured?

Kelleher
Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Chambers
Elliot
Endo
Jones
Gordon
Frauendorf
Doak

I’m just hoping Darwin turns up - at least Utd will probably sit so deep it’s impossible for him to stray offside.

He'll probably start gakpo and with justification. Nunez to come on at 70 and destroy everything for both teams

This is the squad;
GK: Kelleher, Pitaluga, Mrozek
DEF: Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas, Quansah, Scanlon, Bradley, Chambers
MID: Endo, Szoboszlai, Jones, Elliott, Gravenberch, McConnell, Hill
FWD: Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo, Gordon, Doak, Koumas

On entering the competition, participating clubs agree-
To play in the competition until their eliminated and to field their strongest team throughout the competition.
Article 6point 1 of the regulations of the Europa league posted on EUFA.com.
A bit of knowledge for those blaming Klopp.
We don’t want to get kicked out do we?

To play in the competition until their eliminated and to field their strongest team throughout the competition.
City definitely started their strongest team today.

City definitely started their strongest team today.

As I mentioned before we have to tread a fine line. Back in the Brodge era we got a (polite) warning for playing a weakened line up vs Bayern

The competition is a squad thing and so we just need to play enough first teamers to keep the right side of a reprimand

As I mentioned before we have to tread a fine line. Back in the Brodge era we got a (polite) warning for playing a weakened line up vs Bayern

The competition is a squad thing and so we just need to play enough first teamers to keep the right side of a reprimand
Fuck the reprimand. They want us to play a gazillion games - then we manage them as we see fit.
Who are they to say who are or are not 1st team players at any moment in time?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom