• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pulisic Camping Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also im sure we must make some profit from shirt sales? Like obviously not massive amounts, but part of the reason they pay us all that money is to have their brand worn and advertised by us, not purely distribution rights.

Im not savvy enough to know the ins and outs, but id be massively surprised if we didnt get a share of every shirt sold. That would be a horrendous deal to make if we didnt with no prior knowledge of where the club would be after year one.

Lets say for the sake of argument that we make a pound per shirt sold at £70 and maybe 50p of all the other merch sold, if we shipped 50m shirts and 20m caps/scarves/water bottles etc youre still looking at insane profit.

I just cant believe we have nothing coming in for our sales and relying solely on the trade agreement.

Obviously im speculating and could be totally wrong but in my head its like when a band plays at say Wembley, wembley have the rights to sell the tickets but the band still gets a share?

No?

Surely on image rights and kit renegotiations we would be in a super strong position too.

Currently, I think the highest profile New Balance sponsored footballer is Aaron Ramsey and Jesus Navas. Even in other sports, I don't think they have anyone in the top tier. If they can get Pulisic, he will be their highest profile sportsman by a distance.

It will definitely help us in terms of exposure. Unsure of how much extra monies it will make us as I am not sure how these image right deals will work with a marketable player like him.

Also im sure we must make some profit from shirt sales? Like obviously not massive amounts, but part of the reason they pay us all that money is to have their brand worn and advertised by us, not purely distribution rights.

Im not savvy enough to know the ins and outs, but id be massively surprised if we didnt get a share of every shirt sold. That would be a horrendous deal to make if we didnt with no prior knowledge of where the club would be after year one.

Lets say for the sake of argument that we make a pound per shirt sold at £70 and maybe 50p of all the other merch sold, if we shipped 50m shirts and 20m caps/scarves/water bottles etc youre still looking at insane profit.

I just cant believe we have nothing coming in for our sales and relying solely on the trade agreement.

Obviously im speculating and could be totally wrong but in my head its like when a band plays at say Wembley, wembley have the rights to sell the tickets but the band still gets a share?

No?

Oncy, Check out post number 40 (last post on second page of this thread).

All i can say is 70M for a 19 year old unproven PL player coming from a league of one team that wins their title each year. Now his goalscoring record aint that good is it ? So if its for pure marketing and shit then ok...but if he really is stand out shit them yeah...but whats his injury record like ? Is he a regular cripple ?

All i can say is 70M - that's euros not pounds. But yeah its alot for potential. However PSG paid £140m+ for Mbappe.

for a 19 year old unproven PL player coming from a league of one team that wins their title each year.

Dortmund won the title less than 10 years ago, yes its mainly Bayern.

Now his goalscoring record aint that good is it ?

He's 19 and a winger. Not a striker. His output is improving each season.

So if its for pure marketing and shit then ok...but if he really is stand out shit them yeah...but whats his injury record like ?

According to Transfermarkt the longest he's had out is 11 days or 2 games. However, again he's 19.

Is he a regular cripple ?

See above

All this number crunching about the financial sense of the deal based on shirts, image rights & TV deals

If he helps us win the league then its worth more than 65M … that's the financial justification we should be looking at

@The Nomad ... God forbid we ask questions about a 70M Euro ....19 year old kid !!!! Dont compare us to PSG...they could buy a 70M player for the bench
.. we are not that rich !!!

@The Nomad ... God forbid we ask questions about a 70M Euro ....19 year old kid !!!! Dont compare us to PSG...they could buy a 70M player for the bench
You asked questions, he answered, and you seem offended by it. Weird.

Anyway, I think this kid is well worth getting. He’s not got the skill set of a Mbappe but his very quick turn of pace/direction will be a big asset in the PL where defenders will be right up his arse the moment he receives the ball.
His style is perfect for Klopp. A risk at 70M Euros in the sense that he won’t be an automatic starter, but he’ll hold his value at worst.

Yeah, I think we might regret not getting him while the opportunity is there. More because there's a huge chance he could go to a rival.

I just answered your questions.

My personal view is that €70m is a low ball figure for his footballing potential.

If we could shoehorn Coutinho, Salah, Firmino and Mane in the same team. We could 100% replace Coutinho with Pulisic. Especially with 2 of Keita, Fabinho, Henderson or Milner behind.

In my view he'd be a starter more oft than not.

I believe his upside is closer to €100m-€120m considering what Dembele was sold for.

Its all about opinions.

Here you go Stat-ty people

http://www.espn.com/soccer/german-b...pulisic-and-why-big-clubs-covet-his-potential
Former Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Stefan Reinartz has created a scouting and player analysis model called Impect which is used by more than a dozen Bundesliga clubs to identify talent.

Its main innovation lies in ascribing value to the number of players -- specifically defenders -- who are bypassed by other players, whether by passing forward, dribbling or receiving the ball. To evaluate performance levels, the data is cross-referenced with other position-specific actions, then compared to others playing the same role in the same league.

The Impect results for Pulisic are somewhat surprising. Reinartz's model had him at 49 percent in 2016-17, meaning that he was better than 49 percent of Bundesliga players with a similar attacking midfielder profile. In other words, he was almost exactly average. However, that overall number hides an interesting difference between attacking and defensive actions.

Going forward, Pulisic was rated at only 43 percent -- slightly below average -- whereas without the ball he came in at 82 percent (both sets of data are not equal but weighted according to profile). From this we can see that, when Thomas Tuchel was in charge and Dortmund were much better going forward, Pulisic's greatest value was in providing defensive interventions high up the pitch.

The picture for the season just completed is different. Pulisic's combined attacking performance was almost the same: slightly below average level at 42 percent. Defensively, though, he was significantly poorer at 29 percent. To put it the other way, 71 percent of players in his position were better defensively. This lack of what Reinartz calls Zugriff -- the ability to win the ball and disrupt opposition moves -- saw his overall rating go down to 37 percent. Compared with his peers, Pulisic was firmly below average.

He was 18 at the time. I can only harp back to remember the output that 'world class' players had at the same age. He's still learning.

Lets not forget, that was under Tuchel who the players disliked, and the season was marred by the bomb attack on the bus.

Edit. Just seen that their is a throw away paragraph for season completed data. I am surprised he hasn't improved 'stat' wise going forward.

Last edited:
*rolls spliff next to embers of last nights fire*

I reckon we'll hear fuck all for a week or so then a couple of minutes before (the English) window closes we'll suddenly announce it.

The resulting excitement will inevitably lead to fans booking their hotels in Liverpool for the final game of the season to celebrate us winning the league, us going odds on equal with City to win the league, Everton fans leaping in front of trains in Wales & Utd fans flinging themselves out of tower block windows in London.

I reckon we'll hear fuck all for a week or so then a couple of minutes before (the English) window closes we'll suddenly announce it.

The resulting excitement will inevitably lead to fans booking their hotels in Liverpool for the final game of the season to celebrate us winning the league, us going odds on equal with City to win the league, Everton fans leaping in front of trains in Wales & Utd fans flinging themselves out of tower block windows in London.

I've already booked stuff around the CL final in Madrid and Liverpool

Like it !

He was 18 at the time. I can only harp back to remember the output that 'world class' players had at the same age. He's still learning.

Lets not forget, that was under Tuchel who the players disliked, and the season was marred by the bomb attack on the bus.

Edit. Just seen that their is a throw away paragraph for season completed data. I am surprised he hasn't improved 'stat' wise going forward.

Yes and he's 19 now.

We're paying £65m for a 19 year old who is better than other 19 year old but probably isn't a significant improvement to our starting line up.

Klopp ain't going to bite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom