• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pulisic Camping Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian Pulisic is unlikely to leave Borussia Dortmund this summer, sources believe - but the American could be sold next summer. The 19-year-old’s contract expires in 2020 and the German outfit understand they could lose the teen on a free transfer in two years time.
Chelsea and Liverpool were both put on red alert after it was revealed Pulisic’s representatives had been unwilling to discuss an extension with Dortmund, but the Bundesliga side have received no formal offers for the player’s services. ESPN claim with just over one week remaining of this summer’s transfer window in England, it is now unlikely the forward will depart Germany. Dortmund, however, would be open to selling the player at the culmination of next season to ensure they cash in on their prized asset.

Just been listening to the anfield wrap - seems Pulisic has scored 9 league goals in the last 3 seasons (3 last time out), while Fekir scored 22 last season

If I was a camper I would probably move back to the previous site at this stage

Just been listening to the anfield wrap - seems Pulisic has scored 9 league goals in the last 3 seasons (3 last time out), while Fekir scored 22 last season

If I was a camper I would probably move back to the previous site at this stage
You have to bear in mind that Pulisic is only 19 whereas Fekir is 25.

Footballers rarely start showing prolific production before they're 21-22 no matter how talented.

We have a new member in our campsite

mufzi3vaR9mMUI55CRJ8QQ.png

Ah. Of course, we're partly owned by a bounceball player.
He owns 2% of the club, which he paid $6m. The value of his 2% had since sky rocketed to over $30m. He was brought in if I remember rightly to promote the brand in the USA, How effective he has been in that regard I don't know. I do know that our support in the US has sky rocketed, but I think thatst more to do with Mo Salah.

He owns 2% of the club, which he paid $6m. The value of his 2% had since sky rocketed to over $30m. He was brought in if I remember rightly to promote the brand in the USA, How effective he has been in that regard I don't know. I do know that our support in the US has sky rocketed, but I think thatst more to do with Mo Salah.
I actually remember something about that at the time. Thankfully FSG have gone up (slightly) in my estimation since then.

Owen and Fowler disagree.
So does Mbappe, but the point still stands. It's extremely rare for teenagers to be very productive. You'll get the odd few here and there, but they're definitely the exception to the rule.

Messi scored 9 goals in his first 2 seasons at Barca. It took his 3rd season (when he turned 20) to break into double digits. The same with Ronaldo - didn't hit double digits in goals till he turned 20.

Also, these comparisons are really not apposite for Pulisic in any case. His projects as an AM or a no. 10 who can also play in the front three when needed. A Coutinho-type player if you will. That's not the kind of player who's going to be a really prolific goalscorer even in his prime. 10-15 goals a season is what you'd want.

If that's the kind of player he's going to be, his present goalscoring stats are really irrelevant. Coutinho didn't start hitting 10-15 goals a season till he was like 23.

Man United have an agreement of some sort with the Yankees don't they? Perhaps Liverpool and The Lakers (now that Lebron is in LA) will join forces for some crappy marketing ?

Lebron wearing his Liverpool top and then a Puslisic top in quick succession. I'm happy to suggest 2+2 =5.

Watched the vlog by United We Stand after thwir 4-1 defeat to us. He was commenting on how LFC fans outnumbered Man United fans and that was a concern as the brand was losing appeal.
Partly he blamed Jose's brand of football which is hard to watch.

Paul Joyce reporting that Klopp feels the 62 mill £ fee is to much at this point.

I'm all for tapping him up, letting his contract run down, then putting a £25m + Origi offer on the table next summer. Sanchez style.

Of course we're waaay to ethical to try something like that....

So does Mbappe, but the point still stands. It's extremely rare for teenagers to be very productive. You'll get the odd few here and there, but they're definitely the exception to the rule.

Messi scored 9 goals in his first 2 seasons at Barca. It took his 3rd season (when he turned 20) to break into double digits. The same with Ronaldo - didn't hit double digits in goals till he turned 20.

Also, these comparisons are really not apposite for Pulisic in any case. His projects as an AM or a no. 10 who can also play in the front three when needed. A Coutinho-type player if you will. That's not the kind of player who's going to be a really prolific goalscorer even in his prime. 10-15 goals a season is what you'd want.

If that's the kind of player he's going to be, his present goalscoring stats are really irrelevant. Coutinho didn't start hitting 10-15 goals a season till he was like 23.

I would not say Pulisic is a Coutinho type. Actually it's kind of hard to find a suitable comparison for him – his best qualities are dribbling and speed and his decision-making is also good for someone of his age. He is not a playmaker like Phil or a poacher like Salah. I love his directness and in the few Dortmund games that I watched last season, more often than not he was the one player who always made something useful happen with the ball at his feet, even if this didn't show up on the stat sheet. But still you would want much more than 4 goals from your starting front 3 player.

I suspect the Times article above is kind of a negotiating tactic, but it does hit on a truth that for all his promise at this point Pulisic is not a well-rounded player yet. But I expect that when he adds a powerful shot (usually comes a bit later in the player's development) to his dribbling and speed and improves his defensive contribution, there will be a big jump up in performance – but that hasn't happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom