• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby Union

23carragold

Active
Anyone know of any good sites that show rugby union matches??

Particularly the Ulster match thats on tonight?

Thanks in advance.

Bitter experience triumphs over faith...but that's a monkey off their backs. Great result.

Fair play to Ulster they deserved that win.

Boss has to be one of the most irritating players in the sport at present.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=35792.msg942635#msg942635 date=1252787541]

[/quote]

If a number 9 isn't irritating he's not doing his job.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=35792.msg942735#msg942735 date=1252825866]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=35792.msg942635#msg942635 date=1252787541]

[/quote]

If a number 9 isn't irritating he's not doing his job.
[/quote]

Phillips acts like an angel when he plays.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=35792.msg943011#msg943011 date=1252866280]
One of those huge hairy Angels who ride choppers, yeah? ;)
[/quote]

Thats the one mate.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=35792.msg945955#msg945955 date=1253296013]
Sorry can't find anything. Radio Ulster is the only thing I can find.
[/quote]

No worries i thought it was a long shot!!

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=35792.msg949916#msg949916 date=1253806502]

There are rule changes coming, what will they be? Your opinion obviously?

[/quote]

No idea.

They just sorted out the ELV's recently so the only thing that springs to mind is something related to the blood subs because of the Harlequins incident and possibly something else related to subs. Maybe front row subs, because there can sometimes be an element of "gamesmanship" when props and sub props get mysterious injuries so that a team struggling in the scrum gets the benefit of uncontested scrums.

Yeah one extra space on the subs bench (for a prop) has been put in place this season, which is a very good change imo. If the team in question can not field a full front row, they go down to 14 players.

Due to the english cheating they have also changed the rules with regards to blood subs (like Rosco said).

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=35792.msg950303#msg950303 date=1253865821]
Feck off. ;D

As far as rule changes go BTW, the maul is back.
[/quote]

It's been good to have it back in the game JJ.

Yes it has. It would be nice to think this has taught the "powers that be" a lesson, but unfortunately in rugby you can never rely on that.

Yeah i'm quite happy with how the game is played at the moment so i hope they don't continue to tinker with the rules too much. The only aspect that i don't really like is the fact that certain teams are relying on kicking the ball away far to regularly (im not sure anything can be done about this). I'd also like to see rucking the man to be permitted again, but i can't see that happening either.

Yup. Rucking the man is badly missed. They had the rules spot on, you had to be pushing him behind you rather than raking at a body in front of you. You couldn't aim at the head or the nuts either. Anyone killing the ball is fair game, I think most players accept that too.

Without doubt it would free up the attacking side to get on with recycling the ball in a much quicker fashion. I'm sick and tired of watching certain players just lie on the ball trying to look all innocent.

To be fair, referees do look out for lying on the ball immediately, and most blow for a penalty as soon as it is clear someone isn't trying to get out of the way. The game flows more though if the team can remove the man themselves as it were.

Tony Ward reckons Union needs to either increase the size of the pitches or get rid of a couple of players.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=35792.msg950997#msg950997 date=1253956779]
Tony Ward reckons Union needs to either increase the size of the pitches or get rid of a couple of players.
[/quote]

No and no.

Anyone see Azam's stamp on Steve Borthwick?

This guy is always involved in these types of incidents. I remember him taking a shocking dive and getting someone sent off last season.

Didn't see it, but I just googled it and most places are describing it as a kick in the head. Azam has always been a bit "abrasive" ... didn't he get banned for gouging before too ?

Not surprisingly he's a favourite with The Shed. I know a guy - a Manc as it happens - who's a season ticket holder there. Quite a civilised fella away from the sporting arena.

Back
Top Bottom