• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rumour mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=El Pistolero link=topic=44988.msg1339868#msg1339868 date=1306522518]
Just been told 3.5mil for barton. Pray to god it aint true but he's normally spot on.
[/quote]

Well he's better than Jay and Lucas i guess.

Actually fuck it, for £3.5mil if he can keep out of bother he'd be a good signing.

At least we know what we'd get with Barton...he may be a c*nt but he'd be our c*nt 8) 3.5 million is a bargain considering what we spent on Poulsen last summer! But I do want James Mac ahead of anyone else, just like St George.

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=44988.msg1339916#msg1339916 date=1306529304]
At least we know what we'd get with Barton...he may be a c*nt but he'd be our c*nt 8) 3.5 million is a bargain considering what we spent on Poulsen last summer! But I do want James Mac ahead of anyone else, just like St George.
[/quote]

And me, Slug. I want him too.

Yes...I've alway's liked Barton as a player and I've said it on here before. £3.5 would be great.

He's not even that dirty a player, no more so than somebody like SG who occasionally goes over the top with a tackle.

Barton has always been a decent player. He seems to have sorted his shit out and has been very very good for Newcastle this season. I think he could be a very shrewd signing for 3.5m.

Newcastle can't be too pleased if we sign Barton and Enrique after Carrol joined in Jan!

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=44988.msg1339934#msg1339934 date=1306531495]
Is he good enough to elevate us back into the top four?
[/quote]

He thinks he is, we'd have to see.

Ha, he certainly does alright.
£3.5 is a decent fee for guy of his age/experience I s'pose but I just couldn't stand to see him wearing the red shirt.

He could fill in as a dm, cm and rw. Not to sure about this signing though.

Hopefully Mata will go through.

Re: Re: Rumour mill

He'd be a hero after a full blooded challenge

Get him if he's that cheap

I absolutely fucking despair that some of you are happy to sign mediocre cunts like Joey Barton.

Our fans have become conditioned to fucking losing.

How in the name of good fuck are ordinary chumps like him going to move us from 6th to 1st?

What the fuck is wrong with you people? We've been making these same wank-arsed signings for 20 years and done nothing. We're actually getting further and further away from winning anything at all, and this is a "shrewd signing"?

DEFINE SHREWD.

Tell me how this is going to advance us in any way? I'd love to know.

It's a pointless, shit waste of time signing. This cunt wasn't even good enough to get into Newcastle's centre midfield, so they shunted him out right where he hangs around until a set piece needs to be taken or someone needs to be punched. He's fucking junk, and it's a waste of our time.

Fucking get with it people. Let's stop acting like losers.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=44988.msg1339963#msg1339963 date=1306541535]
I absolutely fucking despair that some of you are happy to sign mediocre cunts like Joey Barton.

How in the name of good fuck are ordinary chumps like him going to move us from 6th to 1st?

What the fuck is wrong with you people? We've been making these same wank-arsed signings for 20 years and done nothing. We're actually getting further and further away from winning anything at all, and this is a "shrewd signing"?

DEFINE SHREWD.

It's a pointless, shit waste of time signing. This cunt wasn't even good enough to get into Newcastle's centre midfield, so they shunted him out right where he hangs around until a set piece needs to be taken or someone needs to be punched. He's fucking junk, and it's a waste of our time.

[/quote]

Well said, fuck him. He has a habit of being a dick too >:(

[quote author=McNulty link=topic=44988.msg1339897#msg1339897 date=1306526431]
Barton has recently signed up to twitter and has been calling out some of the people who have had a go at him, such as Piers Morgan and Eamon Holmes.

http://twitter.com/#!/Joey7Barton

[/quote]

That sounds to me like Barton is a nice guy.

DEFINE SHREWD.

[/quote]

Spot on Ryan.
Neymar it is.

I'd love someone like Naymar but seriously, why the fuck would he come to Liverpool? Brazillian lads will always prefer to live somewhere mediterainian, play champions league football, and not endure the physical battering of the premier league.

If he signs for Chelsea or City, it's going to be purely for the money and he won't be there longer than 2 years I'd say before moving to Spain or Italy. The lifestyle is probably more similar than England, with it's cold rainy days, pies and fish and chips.

I completely agree with Ryan here, good post. Im just worried that we will be signing mediocrity like Enrique and Downing.

Do not like Barton one single bit.

I do like Ryan's rallying call however.

We are Liverpool one of the greatest clubs in the world and we need to start acting like one too.

Suarez and Carroll was steps in the right direction - Barton would be like two steps backwards.

Downing it is then, just hoping he isn't our marquee player! Fcuk...

I just gonna hold out and trust King Kenny to get it right. Thinking anything else will make us go mental.

DEFINE SHREWD.

[/quote]

That's fair enough. I still think he'd would be an improvement on what we have.

On the subject of downing. He is no different to when utd signed Valencia and look how well he has done. I bet if we had singned valencia this site would have moaned about some wigan reject. Not all signings from abroad who can do shit loads of step overs on you tube are a success. I would be happy to see downing under kenny.

Milan are still seeking a midfielder and it’s reported the main target is Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas, followed by Alberto Aquilani.
Vice-President Adriano Galliani confirmed they are looking for a world-class reinforcement on the left side of midfield.

According to Tuttosport, Arsenal star Fabregas has leapt to the top of the wish-list over the past few days.

It is going to be tough, as the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter are all tracking the €35m-rated Spaniard.

Galliani will be in London tonight for the Champions League Final between Barcelona and United at Wembley.

However, the Corriere dello Sport newspaper suggests that another Premier League figure is on Milan’s agenda.

It is increasingly unlikely that Juventus will take up their option to buy Aquilani following his loan spell, as they continue to haggle with Liverpool over the price.

Having signed Andrea Pirlo and moving towards Udinese’s Gokhan Inler, Juve seem to have their midfield worked out.

Milan aim to take advantage of Aquilani’s desire to stay in Italy and bring the price-tag down to around €16m.

[quote author=McNulty link=topic=44988.msg1340054#msg1340054 date=1306579872]

DEFINE SHREWD.

[/quote]

That's fair enough. I still think he'd would be an improvement on what we have.
[/quote]

Dalglish said he would only improve the squad if the players he were signing were vastly superior to the the ones we already have. Barton doesn't fall into that, which gives me some hope that this link is complete bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom