• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sal-ittihad

I saw City linked with Neto recently, might suit them to have him available occasionally to share time with Grealish. He’s very good but i can’t say I’ve ever seen him play on the right?

I saw City linked with Neto recently, might suit them to have him available occasionally to share time with Grealish. He’s very good but i can’t say I’ve ever seen him play on the right?
Surprised with that as he plays on the right fairly often, he loves his stepovers and going past the fullback on the outside.....it' his trademark.

He does play there sometimes as evident from this annoying compilation. Please mute before playing:

What I don't understand reg Neto is why Arsenal is interested and why he'd go there? They've got Saka and Martinelli.

They could use another forward, but yeah, a striker a higher priority. Neither Saka nor Martinelli are setting the world on fire.

Even if we were to keep Salah, we need a replacement for him. He can't keep playing every game.

He predominantly plays on the left, doesn’t he?
Wouldn't say he predominantly plays on either flank over the other tbh, he's one of few wingers out there that plays frequently on both sides.

In the past under Lage they often went Hwang left Jimenez down the center and Neto on the right. Changed a little bit once Lopetegui came in with Cunha replacing Jimenez, Neto went over to the left and Sarabia or Hwang came over on the right but now under O'Neil looks like Hwang's gone back over to the left which has pushed Neto to play from the right again :D. He'll even switch a lot in game which what makes him quite unique.

Maybe.
Olise kinda reminds me of Origi, attitude wise. Just too laid back for my liking. I had no problem with Origi being the way he was since he was a backup, but we're asking Olise to replace one of our best players ever.
Origi played football with the energy like it was his side hustle, Olise as brilliant as he is also gives me those vibes as well.

He predominantly plays on the left, doesn’t he?
According to Transfermarkt
823d0d269bf4fcf21cd21095f6a35607.jpg

Although this season he's predominantly played on the right.

You know what’s interesting? The lack of Mo to Saudi stories
You had to didn't you... you had to poke it...

You had to...

The stories are in full flow today.

Especially the stories on "how we could finance an Mbappe deal".

Pretty much the concensus is...

Salah OR Mbappe.. not both!

You had to didn't you... you had to poke it...

You had to...

The stories are in full flow today.

Especially the stories on "how we could finance an Mbappe deal".

Pretty much the concensus is...

Salah OR Mbappe.. not both!

Can we get the Saudi’s to take Nunez as well for an equally exorbitant fee a - say £150m, so we can finance a move for Osimhen?

Only problem would be, I’m confident Nunez would miss the flight.

Surprised with that as he plays on the right fairly often, he loves his stepovers and going past the fullback on the outside.....it' his trademark.

He does play there sometimes as evident from this annoying compilation. Please mute before playing:

I stand corrected then, obviously i don’t watch him enough

if you had belief he’d get past the injuries in the next season or two he’d be worth it but without looking at his injury record I’d guess it’s as bad as Ox or Naby

Rumours tonight that Hendo wants to move back to the EPL.
I really thought he'd stick it out and make huge breakthroughs for the LGBT community. ;)
He was a great leader for us, but no way I'd take him back. Be interesting to see if anyone will take him on, but he's going to have to take a huge wage cut to come back.

Rumours tonight that Hendo wants to move back to the EPL.
I really thought he'd stick it out and make huge breakthroughs for the LGBT community. ;)
He was a great leader for us, but no way I'd take him back. Be interesting to see if anyone will take him on, but he's going to have to take a huge wage cut to come back.

I’d love to have him back for non footballing reasons

there’s a link to Chelsea in the bbc gossip column, that would be hilarious and terrible move for both parties

Kind of mental for him to tarnish legacy for 3 months 700k a week, he might as well have retired at LFC or Sunderland in 3yrs and co produced a podcast with Joey Barton instead.

Kind of mental for him to tarnish legacy for 3 months 700k a week, he might as well have retired at LFC or Sunderland in 3yrs and co produced a podcast with Joey Barton instead.
4 months and a bit, so currently just shy of £10m if he is being paid that (which I doubt!)

But This Is Anfield has now learned that the number is far lower than those headline figures and are closer to £350,000 per week, tax free.
This is where the confusion appears to have been, with that amount still almost quadruple his current wages when taking into consideration the tax implications.

Geordies have an injury crisis. Maybe he can get loaned there by the Saudi overlords and he can disappoint another set of supporters.

Do players and their agents actually do due diligence?

There are rumblings about more players finding that the move to Saudi Arabia not all the glittering gold it promised to be. And it’s apparently mostly about lifestyle :rolleyes:

I imagine the wives don't like living in a country where they have to dress conservatively, and where, even if as foreigners they are no longer legally obliged to wear head coverings, most tend to do so, because people will literally stop and stare at a woman who doesn't do so. Happy wife, happy life. Pissed off wife....

If Hendo had kept his mouth shut and didn't try to justify the move he would now be in a position where he could backtrack with some credibility claiming that the cultural difference was much greater than anticipated. But he has dug himself into a hole.
His advisors must be as stupid as he allegedly is.

Back
Top Bottom