• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sal-ittihad

OflCjkt.jpg
I8g1Vkt.jpg
yiWOPxc.jpg
XDpvLky.jpg
W4nZaLk.jpg
NfB6tOh.jpg
pi82XjE.jpg

Last edited:
Yet when we watch him, we also see how much he wastes the ball, and how out of form he has been.
Good for him that he is in a top team where he gets so much of the ball.

Yet when we watch him, we also see how much he wastes the ball, and how out of form he has been.
Good for him that he is in a top team where he gets so much of the ball.

Who is we?
Nunez and Diaz play for a top team and they don’t do anything of the sort, if he’s out of form then what about the rest?. Same with Saka, Jesus and Martinelli. Salah has performed at something like this for the last 10 seasons, and the obvious reasons aren’t related to what you said.

Being away at AFCON could cost Mo the PL leading scorer title come the end of the season. Tied with Haaland now. Though of course maybe it levels it up since Haaland has been injured.

You know what’s interesting? The lack of Mo to Saudi stories
There were some rumours on Social Media today that he was going to sign a new contract at Liverpool. It was a shit account, and that's why I didn't initially post it

There were some rumours on Social Media today that he was going to sign a new contract at Liverpool. It was a shit account, and that's why I didn't initially post it
That’d be immense and … I wouldn’t be surprised

I would love that. He’s someone who will add value until he’s 35/36. Of course the extension should have caveats around performance etc but sign him up! At this stage he’s as synonymous with Liverpool as Messi was with Barca. It would be madness to let him walk at 33.

I would love that. He’s someone who will add value until he’s 35/36. Of course the extension should have caveats around performance etc but sign him up! At this stage he’s as synonymous with Liverpool as Messi was with Barca. It would be madness to let him walk at 33.
Really? The same as Messi who grew up through Barca’s youth system and won 30+ trophies for the club?

BTW if he's going to be back for Arsenal (PL - A) then Egypt need to fail to make the quarterfinals.

On BBC gossip page today - which we all know only prints (copies) the truth (made up BS):

Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 31, is moving closer to a new contract extension at Liverpool despite interest from the Saudi Pro League. (Football Transfers and Anfield Watch)

I'm starting to come around to the idea of Salah staying put.
We have no clear replacement currently and I'm not sure who the right option is going forward.
I've mentioned Pedro Neto before but he gets injured far too often and isn't as prolific, also he mainly plays on the left wing and not as an inverted winger, despite being left footed.
Olise is another option but I'm not sure about him either although he's got time on his side.
I might be wrong but there's something about his attitude that bothers me. Not that he's a bad kid, just doesn't seem to have the drive to improve.

I'm starting to come around to the idea of Salah staying put.
We have no clear replacement currently and I'm not sure who the right option is going forward.
I've mentioned Pedro Neto before but he gets injured far too often and isn't as prolific, also he mainly plays on the left wing and not as an inverted winger, despite being left footed.
Olise is another option but I'm not sure about him either although he's got time on his side.
I might be wrong but there's something about his attitude that bothers me. Not that he's a bad kid, just doesn't seem to have the drive to improve.

I've not really picked that up from olise. He's come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. The issue is it's crystal fucking palace and Woy fucking hodgson.

I'd adore olise to come to us. But is he just Harvey Elliott with more minutes?

I've always been happy with the idea of Salah staying, I just didn't think he would want to, and I'm still not convinced he does yet.

I've not really picked that up from olise. He's come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. The issue is it's crystal fucking palace and Woy fucking hodgson.

I'd adore olise to come to us. But is he just Harvey Elliott with more minutes?
I've seen some interviews and something just doesn't sit right for me. I just searched twitter for "Olise" and "attitude" and found this:

Stephen Hunt has raised concern over what he described as recurring bad attitude from the Nigerian-born France youth international.

The former midfielder, who now works as a scout for Reading, recalled how similar bad attitude saw Olise ejected some years back during his developmental days with Chelsea, and The Royals’ icon is quick to warn that only improved character and conduct would see the dreadlocks-wearing lad end the current season on a high.

Hunt told BBC Radio Berkshire: “Chelsea let him go so obviously he’s had that bit of attitude – but that can help him become one of the better players in the game as well, if he can keep it and channel it the right way. He walked straight down the tunnel at the full-time whistle.

“I think he’s brought that with him since he was 11 or 12. Now, if I am a Premier League scout and Reading don’t get promoted, I spot that and think I have serious question marks. It’s the little things as a young chap he has to learn to cope with and get better as a person as well.”

------

Like I said, I could be wrong but small things like the fact that he switched national team from England to France, and now is considering playing for Algeria but still hasn't committed, it just rubs me the wrong way.
At his age(22), you'd expect a player to want that international experience, play in big tournaments etc.
He just seems like the quiet, shrugs his shoulders, "go with the flow" kinda guy.

Last edited:
I've seen some interviews and something just doesn't sit right for me. I just searched twitter for "Olise" and "attitude" and found this:

Stephen Hunt has raised concern over what he described as recurring bad attitude from the Nigerian-born France youth international.

The former midfielder, who now works as a scout for Reading, recalled how similar bad attitude saw Olise ejected some years back during his developmental days with Chelsea, and The Royals’ icon is quick to warn that only improved character and conduct would see the dreadlocks-wearing lad end the current season on a high.

Hunt told BBC Radio Berkshire: “Chelsea let him go so obviously he’s had that bit of attitude – but that can help him become one of the better players in the game as well, if he can keep it and channel it the right way. He walked straight down the tunnel at the full-time whistle.

“I think he’s brought that with him since he was 11 or 12. Now, if I am a Premier League scout and Reading don’t get promoted, I spot that and think I have serious question marks. It’s the little things as a young chap he has to learn to cope with and get better as a person as well.”

------

Like I said, I could be wrong but small things like the fact that he switched national team from England to France, and now is considering playing for Algeria but still hasn't commited. It just rubs me the wrong way.
At his age, 22. You'd expect a player to want that international experience. Play in big tournaments etc.
He just seems like the quiet, shrugs his shoulders, "go with the flow" kinda guy.

Tbh, him changing national sides doesn't phase me. He wants to play in the biggest tournaments and will do anything to get there.

I dont trust Chelsea's youth system. They treat players like battery farmed hens. I think a klopp hug could sort it.

Tbh, him changing national sides doesn't phase me. He wants to play in the biggest tournaments and will do anything to get there.

I dont trust Chelsea's youth system. They treat players like battery farmed hens. I think a klopp hug could sort it.
Maybe.
Olise kinda reminds me of Origi, attitude wise. Just too laid back for my liking. I had no problem with Origi being the way he was since he was a backup, but we're asking Olise to replace one of our best players ever.

He doesn’t even bother celebrating every goal but I really like him.
Klopp wants players who are mentally ready. He wants winners.
That's why so many of his signings have been successful.
In hindsight Keita wasn't the right player for us, so I guess he got that one wrong.
But if you look at the rest, especially our most prominent players they're all either crazy winners, highly intelligent or both.

Back
Top Bottom