• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah gone!?

Mido I'm sure has this fingers on the pulse here, based on absolutely nothing

Mido I'm sure has this fingers on the pulse here, based on absolutely nothing
Mido probably has no basis for his claim, but let's be honest there is a very good chance Salah is gone unless FSG wants him to serve out his contract

Mido probably has no basis for his claim, but let's be honest there is a very good chance Salah is gone unless FSG wants him to serve out his contract

Why would FSG not want him to see out the contract he signed?

Besides, it’ll not be their decision - it’ll be the new manager or Director of Football and I’d expect Mo isn’t going anywhere till he sees who that is.

Mo will likely want another crack at the CL.

Why would FSG not want him to see out the contract he signed?

Besides, it’ll not be their decision - it’ll be the new manager or Director of Football and I’d expect Mo isn’t going anywhere till he sees who that is.

Mo will likely want another crack at the CL.
If he serves his contract without signing a new one, he leaves for free!

Mido is a cnt, Mido hated Drogba and Drogba loves Salah so that's my logic anyway.

If you could have voted which poster would start a thread like this, based on nothing but spurious rumours, who would you have guessed it'd be ?

At least it'll fuel his transfer fantasies.

If you could have voted which poster would start a thread like this, based on nothing but spurious rumours, who would you have guessed it'd be ?

At least it'll fuel his transfer fantasies.
Its not even a spurious rumour, it is a spurious rumour quoted by someone who then completely dismisses it and explains why. So its like saying "here's something that someone said that we know is not true ... discuss"

Didnt Ornstein address this earlier in the week and said it was a load of BS?

I get the money thing but that Saudi league is the biggest waste of time/career pointlessness ever. Seriously, what's the fucking point?

Say what you like about Salah but it was awfully nice of him to tell his biggest hater his plans and no one else. Probably told him while Mido was dropping off an evelope of burning shit at his house too.

That's Egyptian solidarity for you.

If he serves his contract without signing a new one, he leaves for free!

Yes he does, but we’ll have likely squeezed another season of stacks of goals and assists out of him.

Let me put it another way, would you prefer Salah driving us to a Champions League victory with his guaranteed goals and assists and leaving on a few…

Or…

Cash from selling him a year early, spent on a new player or players that don’t have the same output and going out in, say, the quarter finals?

Yes he does, but we’ll have likely squeezed another season of stacks of goals and assists out of him.

Let me put it another way, would you prefer Salah driving us to a Champions League victory with his guaranteed goals and assists and leaving on a few…

Or…

Cash from selling him a year early, spent on a new player or players that don’t have the same output and going out in, say, the quarter finals?
I think I’d rather have the 100M for the new manager to spend on players, rather than be left with no budget the following season.

Who the hell wants 4th place?
Considering its his first season, I thing some slack is required. Besides, it was @StevieM who is suggesting without Salah we will not qualify for CL.
Salah has to go at some point, if he has to go I would rather we get the £100m for Salah then nothing, as we made a£7m loss last year, and stadium finance also taking a toll.

Why do you want to sell everyone? Did you not want to sell Konate earlier? Such small time. Salah has earnt right to leave on his own time, just accept it.

I'd get the idea of selling Salah if we had a lot of rebuilding to do and no money, and if he was seriously on the wane, but none of those things are true.

We don't really have any huge gaps in our squad that need filling right now, any new manager will almost certainly be backed financially and Salah is our top scorer. Again.

Considering its his first season, I thing some slack is required. Besides, it was @StevieM who is suggesting without Salah we will not qualify for CL.
Salah has to go at some point, if he has to go I would rather we get the £100m for Salah then nothing, as we made a£7m loss last year, and stadium finance also taking a toll.

Put a value on his goals and assists then, put a value on what he’s actually worth to Liverpool Football Club.

All you see is cash for a new player.

What’s your point about the £7m loss - are you suggesting we sell to balance the books?

Did you not pay any attention to the basic numbers as to why we made a loss?

Sorry but I don't. This team/squad is going to run City to the final week, and maybe win, the PL. Are heavy favourites to win the EL and has a good chance in the FAC. 4th next season would NOT be acceptable even if we appointed Moyes as manager !

Even losing Mo., if that money were reinvested I'd expect us to be in the same position next season as we are this. This squad is going to be there or thereabouts in the PL & CL for the next 2-3 seasons after this. At least.

So no Champions League then.
You’d rather he see out his contract and leave us with fuck all budget in a years’ time. I’m saying I’d rather safeguard the next 5 years rather than a single year. No idea why you think that would equal no CL either. Were we that poor during Salah’s absence? How many did we lose?

You’d rather he see out his contract and leave us with fuck all budget in a years’ time. I’m saying I’d rather safeguard the next 5 years rather than a single year. No idea why you think that would equal no CL either. Were we that poor during Salah’s absence? How many did we lose?

Yep - I’d rather he sees out his contract - what we get for him won’t safeguard anything for 5 years.

If there was a drop off in end product I’d sell - there isn’t, so I’d keep him as long as we can - if reasonable terms can be agreed I’d likely extend.

All this is dependent on 2 things - whether the new manager wants him (and why wouldn’t he?) and whether Salah wants to go (and why would he?).

Why do you want to sell everyone? Did you not want to sell Konate earlier? Such small time. Salah has earnt right to leave on his own time, just accept it.
100%, Jota too. I think having players regardless of ability that can miss 50% of a season through injury costs us games due to their absence. Also, continuous injuries can hamper players speed and physique thus impacting their value.
As to Salah, knowing how tight our owners are, seeing players walk for free only hurts us when we do need buy players.

Yep - I’d rather he sees out his contract - what we get for him won’t safeguard anything for 5 years.

If there was a drop off in end product I’d sell - there isn’t, so I’d keep him as long as we can - if reasonable terms can be agreed I’d likely extend.

All this is dependent on 2 things - whether the new manager wants him (and why wouldn’t he?) and whether Salah wants to go (and why would he?).
Contract extension is a different story. That would be fine. But losing him for nothing, while knowing we only tend to have 30M+ for transfers each season, would be disastrous.

Back
Top Bottom