• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What’s going on with Salah?

He really isn't. He can make some fantastic passes from deeper now that he can't play off the shoulder anymore. That's it. He's worse everywhere else. The fact that he takes penalties now and is given license to play as a more traditional striker at times means he still puts up good numbers. He's a great player. He's nowhere near where he was. He wasn't earlier this season at his best, and he's fucking miles off it now.

He's a our big name player, on a huge amount of money. This, right now, is when it's either worth it, or it isn't.

I don't think our attack is so much more threatening with him in it. I hope he makes me look like a fucking idiot.
23 goals and 12 assists and he’s also on track to have played the least amount of games this season too.
His contribution has been miles ahead of anyone else in attack.

23 goals and 12 assists and he’s also on track to have played the least amount of games this season too.
His contribution has been miles ahead of anyone else in attack.
Miles ahead? Strange definition you have of that phrase. Nunez is right behind him if not level if you take away or share out the pens and he has 1 more assist.

Nunez - 2710mins
Salah - 2544mins

Gakpo and Jota have both played less so let's cut the shit.

Miles ahead? Strange definition you have of that phrase. Nunez is right behind him if not level if you take away or share out the pens and he has 1 more assist.

Nunez - 2710mins
Salah - 2544mins

Gakpo could play 5000 mins and not even have as many shots as Szbo, come on now.
And wish Jota could just stay fit to play anywhere near that. kind of a pointless statement as we know it would never happen.

Gakpo could play 5000 mins and not even have as many shots as Szbo, come on now.
And wish Jota could just stay fit to play anywhere near that. kind of a pointless statement as we know it would never happen.
Reading back he probably meant least number of games for Salah in any season which would be true and not how I interpreted it at first which was of any Liverpool forward this season so ignore that last bit.

Coming back from a muscle injury while fasting cant be easy.
Same with competing in the toughest league.

Lets see this weekend when he’s back into his normal routines.

So it was onana fucking up, more than mo taking a good pen
I wouldn’t go as far - you can give Mo credit for “doing” the GK with his eyes, for slowing his timing slightly to allow Onana to jump out of the way. Messi scored lots of pens like that.

Knowing Mo's standing on this site these days it was Onana being shit. And the wind blowing the ball in the net. All wind and Onana. And slippery wet grass that made the ball go faster. Wet grass, wind and Onana.

Knowing Mo's standing on this site these days it was Onana being shit. And the wind blowing the ball in the net. All wind and Onana. And slippery wet grass that made the ball go faster. Wet grass, wind and Onana.
Finally coming round to common sense

If there is one man that will time that transfer correct its Edwards. Might happen this summer.

This summer it makes sense to cash in. His value will be reasonable. We can distribute his wage elsewhere and maybe give the new manager money to bring in some players. I do think the impact of fasting is generally underestimated, but at the same time, we do need to start looking towards the future. After all the Henderson drama I would hope Edwards/Hughes, etc, get listened to rather than overruled. I'd still hope to get £70-80M for him from Saudi, or PSG may enter the mix as an interim measure.

Nunez - 2710mins
Salah - 2544mins

That would be stupid though as pens count and Nunez took and missed one this season.

Nunez is having a great season too btw but Salah is in a league of his own as always for us.

Reading back he probably meant least number of games for Salah in any season which would be true and not how I interpreted it at first which was of any Liverpool forward this season so ignore that last bit.
Yes this is how I meant it.

Should we take the money and run son?
Possibly. Amorim would probably need a war chest, and that's a huge start. If he's planning on wing backs then we probably need those type of players

H
So it was onana fucking up, more than mo taking a good pen
ha ha fucking hell.
Every peno he’s missed he’s blindly blasted as hard he could down the middle.
This penalty in an incredibly pressured situation in the pissing rain, he coolly waits for the keeper to move and passes in the other side. For good measure he doesn’t try and find the corner as that could risk hitting the post or pushing it wide. With the keeper gone the other way it was literally the best possible penalty to take.

H

ha ha fucking hell.
Every peno he’s missed he’s blindly blasted as hard he could down the middle.
This penalty in an incredibly pressured situation in the pissing rain, he coolly waits for the keeper to move and passes in the other side. For good measure he doesn’t try and find the corner as that could risk hitting the post or pushing it wide. With the keeper gone the other way it was literally the best possible penalty to take.

Yes... very down the middle

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFOEh6g1kjg

This summer it makes sense to cash in. His value will be reasonable. We can distribute his wage elsewhere and maybe give the new manager money to bring in some players. I do think the impact of fasting is generally underestimated, but at the same time, we do need to start looking towards the future. After all the Henderson drama I would hope Edwards/Hughes, etc, get listened to rather than overruled. I'd still hope to get £70-80M for him from Saudi, or PSG may enter the mix as an interim measure.
Big point of difference is that Henderson was nothing when his leg went. Salah has proven already this season even without his blistering pace he’s our deadliest and most important attacker. Most goals, 1 off most assists, a shed load of big chances created and a professional attitude invaluable for youngsters to aspire to. He can easily contribute for another 3-4 years.
All of that is worth more than 100m in the summer.

That would be stupid though as pens count and Nunez took and missed one this season.

Nunez is having a great season too btw but Salah is in a league of his own as always for us.
I'm not discrediting pen goals but in open play Nunez's numbers has been on par with Mo's this season so to say he's been in a league of his own is turd. Usually he has been, the last 2 years he hasn't. It's quite clear he's on the way down when you have the added benefit of watching him every game.

Big point of difference is that Henderson was nothing when his leg went. Salah has proven already this season even without his blistering pace he’s our deadliest and most important attacker. Most goals, 1 off most assists, a shed load of big chances created and a professional attitude invaluable for youngsters to aspire to. He can easily contribute for another 3-4 years.
All of that is worth more than 100m in the summer.

I do agree that in footballing terms he's worth about 70-80m - in marketable terms he's probably worth the same again. So I'd be looking for about £100-120m+ if I was Edwards

I do agree that in footballing terms he's worth about 70-80m - in marketable terms he's probably worth the same again. So I'd be looking for about £100-120m+ if I was Edwards
Agreed. And it's arguable that in marketing terms his value to the Saudi league is even higher than it is to us.
And if we do sell him, we should be bold and offer Vini Jr a way out of the racist cess pool that is La Liga.

Back
Top Bottom